kharland17

kharland17

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
This looks badass. Any issues have you run into after the install?
Thanks! no problems at all, I think the hood hinges was the biggest upset but thats only because i had to wait another 2 days to install. Personally love how it turned out.
Sponsored

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Thanks! no problems at all, I think the hood hinges was the biggest upset but thats only because i had to wait another 2 days to install. Personally love how it turned out.
Love that aggressive stance on the Jeep. “Come get me”. Enjoy the Jeep!

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
I have a Mojave JT and I really don’t like the look of the hood on mine. Not sure if it’s color combo or just the larger proportions of the truck. I much prefer the rubicon hood. But man, that Mojave hood looks badass on a 2dr!

Sponsored

dfwmountainbiker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 (TJ) Wrangler
I currently drive a 2 door - and considering a JT. Why did you dislike about the JT? Mojave conversion looks amazing

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Hey Everyone,

So I've had my fair share of jeeps from 2 doors to 4. When the pandemic hit I had to Switch over to a truck to haul around more equipment (I'm a fitness trainer) so i went to a JT Mojave. 4 months later I found myself hating the JT, it just wasn't my wrangler. I ended up driving down to Rydell Jeep in Southern California and picking up my 2 Door Rubicon while trading in my JT for basically what I paid for. Shout out to them. Anyways I wanted the Mojave hood for the 2 door and searched the Forum. Here is the true parts breakdown if you want to make the conversion.

Parts / Part #
Hood 68338381AC
Bezel 68398765AB
L/Seal 68405001AB
R/Seal 68405000AB
Hood Liner 68346961AA
Push Pins x 12 6504135
F/Seal 68295588AB
Side Seals x2 68272214AA
Cowl Panel 6NT06TZZAA
Left Cowl 6NT09TZZAA
Right Cowl 6NT08TZZAA
Lower cowl 68291874AC
Hood hinges x 2 68302114AB
SCREW. Cross Recessed Head. x 4 06512790AA

Cost was about $1018 total

Now couple things the be aware of, Everything mounts up but since the hood is a little bit taller the sensor doesn't turn off. Easy fix just added a couple plastic push pins that fit the hole and it turned off.

*The last two part numbers (hood Hinge and Bolts) are a must. the Rubicon Hinges are just barely off enough to not seat the hinges. The bolts that go to the upper cowl when you make the swap are much longer than the Rubicon hood so those have to be swapped out.

**the spring for the hood fits from the Rubicon hood but you have to break off the little lip and turn the spring sideways.

***Everything else from Rubicon hood is a direct swap and attaches to the Mojave hood. Side cowls will use the existing bolts from the Rubicon with the exception of the top cowl.

I've heard that my JL looks "BEEFY" haha but overall I love the look. Yeah it's not functional but that hood makes the wrangler pop in my opinion. I will slap on the rubicon decals this week and its pretty much dialed in. Sorry for the rant but wanted to give out the true part numbers for those of you that are interested in the Hood swap.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mojave Hood Swap for JL IMG_4284

Did you do use spacers on the wheels?

OP
OP
kharland17

kharland17

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I currently drive a 2 door - and considering a JT. Why did you dislike about the JT? Mojave conversion looks amazing
The JT was amazing not going to lie about that. Just too much for what I needed at the time. Drives like a truck and love the idea of a jeep truck, but for that price I could buy a full size and get a little more out of it. Just my thoughts. Still think it’s an awesome truck.

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
Hey Everyone,

So I've had my fair share of jeeps from 2 doors to 4. When the pandemic hit I had to Switch over to a truck to haul around more equipment (I'm a fitness trainer) so i went to a JT Mojave. 4 months later I found myself hating the JT, it just wasn't my wrangler. I ended up driving down to Rydell Jeep in Southern California and picking up my 2 Door Rubicon while trading in my JT for basically what I paid for. Shout out to them. Anyways I wanted the Mojave hood for the 2 door and searched the Forum. Here is the true parts breakdown if you want to make the conversion.

Parts / Part #
Hood 68338381AC
Bezel 68398765AB
L/Seal 68405001AB
R/Seal 68405000AB
Hood Liner 68346961AA
Push Pins x 12 6504135
F/Seal 68295588AB
Side Seals x2 68272214AA
Cowl Panel 6NT06TZZAA
Left Cowl 6NT09TZZAA
Right Cowl 6NT08TZZAA
Lower cowl 68291874AC
Hood hinges x 2 68302114AB
SCREW. Cross Recessed Head. x 4 06512790AA

Cost was about $1018 total

Now couple things the be aware of, Everything mounts up but since the hood is a little bit taller the sensor doesn't turn off. Easy fix just added a couple plastic push pins that fit the hole and it turned off.

*The last two part numbers (hood Hinge and Bolts) are a must. the Rubicon Hinges are just barely off enough to not seat the hinges. The bolts that go to the upper cowl when you make the swap are much longer than the Rubicon hood so those have to be swapped out.

**the spring for the hood fits from the Rubicon hood but you have to break off the little lip and turn the spring sideways.

***Everything else from Rubicon hood is a direct swap and attaches to the Mojave hood. Side cowls will use the existing bolts from the Rubicon with the exception of the top cowl.

I've heard that my JL looks "BEEFY" haha but overall I love the look. Yeah it's not functional but that hood makes the wrangler pop in my opinion. I will slap on the rubicon decals this week and its pretty much dialed in. Sorry for the rant but wanted to give out the true part numbers for those of you that are interested in the Hood swap.

nice job; great looking rig

Sponsored

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
Cost was about $1018 total. After this build of course I saw a full kit for about $870. But these are for sure the part numbers you would need for the swap.
Hey Kharland thanks for this post. I recently had a very minor accident and it seems that I have to buy a new hood. I was thinking about doing this conversion and just came across your post. I have seen that deal through genuine Mopar for the conversion kit https://www.mopargenuineparts.com/s...GIYK6-s-vdVe_hkPZmk4nhmgBjVLYImBoCMHAQAvD_BwE In your experience, do you think that would be all that I need or should I go off your parts list?

Also do you remember the price for the decals? Jeep looks great!

HoosierUte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara, 2018 Jeep Renegade
Occupation
Intellectual Property
Hey Kharland thanks for this post. I recently had a very minor accident and it seems that I have to buy a new hood. I was thinking about doing this conversion and just came across your post. I have seen that deal through genuine Mopar for the conversion kit https://www.mopargenuineparts.com/s...GIYK6-s-vdVe_hkPZmk4nhmgBjVLYImBoCMHAQAvD_BwE In your experience, do you think that would be all that I need or should I go off your parts list?

Also do you remember the price for the decals? Jeep looks great!
cball- Did you go through with this order? Looks like a good deal.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

The JT was amazing not going to lie about that. Just too much for what I needed at the time. Drives like a truck and love the idea of a jeep truck, but for that price I could buy a full size and get a little more out of it. Just my thoughts. Still think it’s an awesome truck.
This is precisely why I have a JLU and not a JT. Came from an '07 Sierra, was originally shopping for a '21 Sierra/Silverado.

Also coming from a pickup, I knew that in ~14 years I'd never towed anything and had a bed cover on 98% of the time, so I wasn't using ~60% of the vehicle. The JLU is a much smarter decision (for me).

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
If the bump was for the question on if the hood scoop/vent is functional or not, the hood scoop is non-functional from the factory but someone could probably make it functional.

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
I think the 2 door looks amazing with this hood! One warning to anyone who wants to do it though. I have a 392 which is essentially the same hood. There is nothing aftermarket for it yet. From lights to hi-lift mounts, very very few products exist that works with this hood. Just so you know...
Sponsored