kharland17

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Hey Everyone,

So I've had my fair share of jeeps from 2 doors to 4. When the pandemic hit I had to Switch over to a truck to haul around more equipment (I'm a fitness trainer) so i went to a JT Mojave. 4 months later I found myself hating the JT, it just wasn't my wrangler. I ended up driving down to Rydell Jeep in Southern California and picking up my 2 Door Rubicon while trading in my JT for basically what I paid for. Shout out to them. Anyways I wanted the Mojave hood for the 2 door and searched the Forum. Here is the true parts breakdown if you want to make the conversion.

Parts / Part #
Hood 68338381AC
Bezel 68398765AB
L/Seal 68405001AB
R/Seal 68405000AB
Hood Liner 68346961AA
Push Pins x 12 6504135
F/Seal 68295588AB
Side Seals x2 68272214AA
Cowl Panel 6NT06TZZAA
Left Cowl 6NT09TZZAA
Right Cowl 6NT08TZZAA
Lower cowl 68291874AC
Hood hinges x 2 68302114AB
SCREW. Cross Recessed Head. x 4 06512790AA

Cost was about $1018 total

Now couple things the be aware of, Everything mounts up but since the hood is a little bit taller the sensor doesn't turn off. Easy fix just added a couple plastic push pins that fit the hole and it turned off.

*The last two part numbers (hood Hinge and Bolts) are a must. the Rubicon Hinges are just barely off enough to not seat the hinges. The bolts that go to the upper cowl when you make the swap are much longer than the Rubicon hood so those have to be swapped out.

**the spring for the hood fits from the Rubicon hood but you have to break off the little lip and turn the spring sideways.

***Everything else from Rubicon hood is a direct swap and attaches to the Mojave hood. Side cowls will use the existing bolts from the Rubicon with the exception of the top cowl.

I've heard that my JL looks "BEEFY" haha but overall I love the look. Yeah it's not functional but that hood makes the wrangler pop in my opinion. I will slap on the rubicon decals this week and its pretty much dialed in. Sorry for the rant but wanted to give out the true part numbers for those of you that are interested in the Hood swap.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mojave Hood Swap for JL image1

Jeep Wrangler JL Mojave Hood Swap for JL image2

Jeep Wrangler JL Mojave Hood Swap for JL image3

Jeep Wrangler JL Mojave Hood Swap for JL image4

Jeep Wrangler JL Mojave Hood Swap for JL image5

Jeep Wrangler JL Mojave Hood Swap for JL image6

Jeep Wrangler JL Mojave Hood Swap for JL image7

Jeep Wrangler JL Mojave Hood Swap for JL image10
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
kharland17

kharland17

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
If you don’t mind me asking what is the ballpark total cost of all the parts?
Cost was about $1018 total. After this build of course I saw a full kit for about $870. But these are for sure the part numbers you would need for the swap.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Hey Everyone,

So I've had my fair share of jeeps from 2 doors to 4. When the pandemic hit I had to Switch over to a truck to haul around more equipment (I'm a fitness trainer) so i went to a JT Mojave. 4 months later I found myself hating the JT, it just wasn't my wrangler. I ended up driving down to Rydell Jeep in Southern California and picking up my 2 Door Rubicon while trading in my JT for basically what I paid for. Shout out to them. Anyways I wanted the Mojave hood for the 2 door and searched the Forum. Here is the true parts breakdown if you want to make the conversion.

Hood 68338381AC
Bezel 68398765AB
L/Seal 68405001AB
R/Seal 68405000AB
Hood Liner 68346961AA
Push Pins x 12 6504135
F/Seal 68295588AB
Side Seals x2 68272214AA
Cowl Panel 6NT06TZZAA
Left Cowl 6NT09TZZAA
Right Cowl 6NT08TZZAA
Lower cowl 68291874AC
Hood hinges x 2 68302114AB
SCREW. Cross Recessed Head. x 4 06512790AA

Now couple things the be aware of, Everything mounts up but since the hood is a little bit taller the sensor doesn't turn off. Easy fix just added a couple plastic push pins that fit the hole and it turned off.

*The last two part numbers (hood Hinge and Bolts) are a must. the Rubicon Hinges are just barely off enough to not seat the hinges. The bolts that go to the upper cowl when you make the swap are much longer than the Rubicon hood so those have to be swapped out.

**the spring for the hood fits from the Rubicon hood but you have to break off the little lip and turn the spring sideways.

***Everything else from Rubicon hood is a direct swap and attaches to the Mojave hood. Side cowls will use the existing bolts from the Rubicon with the exception of the top cowl.

I've heard that my JL looks "BEEFY" haha but overall I love the look. Yeah it's not functional but that hood makes the wrangler pop in my opinion. I will slap on the rubicon decals this week and its pretty much dialed in. Sorry for the rant but wanted to give out the true part numbers for those of you that are interested in the Hood swap.

It does look beefy. Very muscular, great thread. I'm a fan of that ladder/roof setup too.

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
Looks tough!đź’Ş

Sponsored

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome write up - your Jeep looks great!!

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
what brand of ladder/roof setup are you running on your Jeep. That's very nice as well.

OP
OP
kharland17

kharland17

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
what brand of ladder/roof setup are you running on your Jeep. That's very nice as well.
the rack and ladder setup is Maximus -3. It's low to the roof. It is RTT compatible but tests your patience on install. haha heres a photo of it before my hood swap

IMG_3033.jpg

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Are you planning on rebadging the hood or leaving as is?

Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
All my parts came in found the parts number and list and how to on the Gladiator forum here... will post pics after paint.

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
That's looks awesome. You said the hood is non functional? How does the bottom of the hood look like?

OP
OP
kharland17

kharland17

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Are you planning on rebadging the hood or leaving as is?
I do plan on it, I actually tried doing it this morning and messed up with the height. measurements were off and i didn't like it. If you order the decals from Mopar its actually cut to fit but for the rubicon hood so when you line it up its lower to the edge (Mojave hood is taller) Got some more coming in and will go at it again.

Any more info on the $870 deal?
what Redrelyt12 posted is exactly what I saw. Don't know how long the wait is though. I am lucky and my friends family owns a Jeep dealership so i got all my parts in 2 days.

That's looks awesome. You said the hood is non functional? How does the bottom of the hood look like?
hood is raised a little more. now on the hood bezel has what looks like 3 plastic clips that can be cut off and air can flow through. Might order another one and experiment with it.
Sponsored