First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
You must have not paid much attention during your life, otherwise you would have wised up to all those scams we went through. I can go back and remember all of them. Global cooling, acid rain, ozone hole, global warming. Global starvation due to high population. Each one of those demanded from us to pay more and give up more of our freedom. If you did not learn from it there is no hope you will ever learn anything. Anyway. This is a Jeep forum so this environmental argument is out of place here.
Thanks for setting me straight. I will dedicate the rest of my life to paying better attention with hopes that I "wise up" to the scams as well as you have done. Your kind input has somewhat embarrassed, but enlightened me. In retrospect, I now think that I have been taken advantage of, all of this time, due to my naivete. :)

BTW, you are absolutely right that this is not the forum for environmental issues. So...why did you start the festivities in post #17? You deleted one of your fanning-the-flames posts (#21) but weren't able to cover your trail completely.
Sponsored

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
Thanks for setting me straight. I will dedicate the rest of my life to paying better attention with hopes that I "wise up" to the scams as well as you have done. Your kind input has somewhat embarrassed, but enlightened me. In retrospect, I now think that I have been taken advantage of, all of this time, due to my naivete. :)

BTW, you are absolutely right that this is not the forum for environmental issues. So...why did you start the festivities in post #17? You deleted one of your fanning-the-flames posts (#21) but weren't able to cover your trail completely.
I guess that I just could not resist. And "covering trail? Just one more life lesson to learn. No regrets, no apologies. Time does not go backwards so what was said and done can't be undone. Only show your weakness. Back to real subject of the post. I talked to Dirty Diesel guys in Canada and as soon they have their tune ready I will buy it. Not sure that I will feel guilty about it.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
To answer a previous question, this is a 2018 Ram 1500 Diesel. I dont know what generation 3.0 that was.
I believe the 2018 Ram was still Gen 2 (same was in my WK2). I don't think Gen 3 is until 2020 models (Ram and JL).

Last edited:

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I guess that I just could not resist. And "covering trail? Just one more life lesson to learn. No regrets, no apologies. Time does not go backwards so what was said and done can't be undone. Only show your weakness. Back to real subject of the post. I talked to Dirty Diesel guys in Canada and as soon they have their tune ready I will buy it. Not sure that I will feel guilty about it.
Thanks for posting this, and let's agree to disagree, and tackle meatier subjects - like is it okay to hang my 40" tire on the stock spare tire carrier? That one ALWAYS brings a chuckle.

Plus...you have a JLURD, so you (and soon, I) have that going for you. Difference is, mine will have the new steering box. :)

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I'm particularly fond of "Carbon Taxes", not. If that doesnt wake up the Tufu eating, Eco Nuts, then why even try to enlighten them. No hope.
Also, please explain the science behind why carbon emission are bad??? Why are CO2 emissions bad?? One good fart from a Volcano will put out more CO2 and carbon, than anything manmade for many years.
Also, one good rain will wash away the particulates lingering in the air.

Sponsored

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
For information only, I hear there is a delete tune available that can be installed using HP Tuners. Should be nice for those that want to "buggy" their rigs.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
For information only, I hear there is a delete tune available that can be installed using HP Tuners. Should be nice for those that want to "buggy" their rigs.
They list the gen3 3.0 on their site as a supported Jeep engine with precisely zero information as to what that entails. It almost seems like they’ve provided a way in and are letting different shops/individuals tune on their own.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any links, Or additional info??

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As JLURD said HP Tuners is now supporting the 3.0 Eco. Tuner at work said he saw a delete download on the HP Tuners forum. He said he would look for it again but I haven't heard back.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would love to see the HP and Torque numbers, before and after, on these tunes.

Sponsored

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would just like to turn off the EGR

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Absolutely, but you were mocking environmental issues like they were a joke (“oooh”) and that’s not cool.

2800 megawatts. That’s the amount of residential and commercial solar my business has installed. The difference between you and I is I’m building wealth by being positive about things we can improve in terms of consumption. You live in fear of something that we’ll Never have any real control over.

BCFRJeeper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler YJ 2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired Navy
2800 megawatts. That’s the amount of residential and commercial solar my business has installed. The difference between you and I is I’m building wealth by being positive about things we can improve in terms of consumption. You live in fear of something that we’ll Never have any real control over.
I’m doing my part, I’ve eaten steak and hamburgers 3 times this week to lower the number of cows producing greenhouse gases.

Dieselfumes57

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Can’t wait till warranty is up to delete this garbage.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can’t wait till warranty is up to delete this garbage.
By that time, a lot of damage has already been done to your engine. Also, the longer you wait, the harder it might be, to find delete kits. All diesel owner I know, that have eliminated the EGR, and exhaust scrubbers, have had zero issues, 100-200k+ miles later. Zero issues. Almost everyone I know, that did not delete these things, has had many issues. Just food for thought.
Sponsored