Sponsored

Modifying the 3.0 Engine and Exhaust to Delete Emissions, and Boost Power

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Do you somehow imagine that there will be anyone in the entire nation that will have a 3.0L Diesel that would even be capable of "rolling coal"? Any tuner offering modified programs for these things will be about more power, efficiency, and extra mpg's. I haven't seen any recent tuning (for years now) that people claim is smokey. Just struck me as odd that you think we need a reminder not to roll coal.

Or maybe I didn't get the point of the story? I mean I watched it and thought, "dumb kid being dumb". I just don't normally think of minors as assholes. Though I suppose they obviously can be.
The reminder wasn't about rolling coal, it was to not be an asshole.

Like every group, diesel drivers are being judged and stereotyped based off of the actions from a few assholes. Don't be one of them.
Sponsored

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Well, has anyone modified their Diesels yet? Or, any links to someone who has??

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
I’m still waiting for the right tune to be released.

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
I don’t understand this section:
Only tunes available, no delete
I don’t have a Gladiator or Wrangler
Jeep Wrangler JL Modifying the 3.0 Engine and Exhaust to Delete Emissions, and Boost Power 458F2C0B-8401-4A0B-AED1-12E69F31E0DF

Sponsored

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
I don’t understand this section:
Only tunes available, no delete
I don’t have a Gladiator or Wrangler
Jeep Wrangler JL Modifying the 3.0 Engine and Exhaust to Delete Emissions, and Boost Power 458F2C0B-8401-4A0B-AED1-12E69F31E0DF
They are selling you a “toon” 😂😂😂 just buy a new MPVI2 from hptuners and the unlock ecu is free with the purchase

IQ_imbalance

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon 3.0d
Is there a primer somewhere on the emissions system, what does what, and how the sensors work?

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, what are the newest tunes, or deletes out there??

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
Well, what are the newest tunes, or deletes out there??
This is one of the latest tunes, its not a delete, just a +80 torque, +40 HP, so they are most likely increasing the turbo boost..

I don't know if i would want that.. But its a safe option

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is one of the latest tunes, its not a delete, just a +80 torque, +40 HP, so they are most likely increasing the turbo boost..

I don't know if i would want that.. But its a safe option

At least it is something.

Sponsored

DezertTitan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Railroader
Vehicle Showcase
I came across that video last night myself. Seems like they are getting similar results as a Banks Derringer setup…. So My question is, why get one over the other? I’ve been going down a rabbit hole this week. If I had the 3.0 I’d be leaning towards Banks. Looks like its an easier DIY install & isn’t too permanent if you run into a warranty issue.

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD, 22 JLUR4XE ON ORDER
So it seems that people don't like to talk about deletes lol. So far we have legally Banks and GDE. Then the other side is gonna be EcodieselofCanada and Ecodieselusa which both do not like each other. Both offer full deletes that require you to ship off your pcm and so far only ecousa has the hard pipes for the JL/JT,While EOC does for the JT. I think someone is trying to tune via HP-tuners but not 100% if it's for the new platform.

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
So it seems that people don't like to talk about deletes lol. So far we have legally Banks and GDE. Then the other side is gonna be EcodieselofCanada and Ecodieselusa which both do not like each other. Both offer full deletes that require you to ship off your pcm and so far only ecousa has the hard pipes for the JL/JT,While EOC does for the JT. I think someone is trying to tune via HP-tuners but not 100% if it's for the new platform.
As someone who has been around the delete "community" since 2007, I can say that what you bring up here is a large part of why i have very little appetite to investigate deleting my JLURD. Not only has the emissions technology significantly improved where the vehicles can be reliable and efficient and powerful while still retaining all their emissions (something that couldn't be said in 2007), but there has ALWAYS been drama associated with all the diesel delete parts shippers and tuners. That guys stuff doesn't work, mine is the only stuff that runs good, those dudes over there suck, they're lying about their dyno results, blah, blah, blah. Interacting with the egomaniacal children that predominantly operate in the online "delete-space" is, quite frankly, exhausting, and it's been that way since the very beginning. Even the major players like Edge and Bully Dog (back when major players were still playing with delete hardware and software) would throw shade back and forth and try and light up a customer base to hate the other guys. And now, with the EPA crackdowns on the middle-men (the makers of the hard parts, the resellers and shippers, the tuners who made delete files, and the diesel shops that were installing the stuff), the only people left in the delete world are those that are willing to take a BIG risk, which makes me wonder: if they are so good at tuning vehicles, why would they need to resort to making delete files to make a buck? So I have serious concerns over the legitimacy of any tuning software that's available nowadays.

Ultimately, it comes down to risk:reward. For me, the profile HEAVILY favored deleting in 2007. I was one of the initial beta testers for Edge JWA, Bully Dog Power Pup, Smarty S67, and H&S for the 6.7L Cummins back then. It made sense, because the damned pickups wouldn't hardly run without being deleted and they ran WAY better once they were. Today, the profile doesn't favor deleting. I can still still get good fuel economy, roast big tires, and add power through an emissions-compliant tuner without any of the headaches. I suspect I'm not in the minority with my evaluation, which is why you don't see much of a clamoring for delete kits for the Wrangler/Gladiator. Yet. Time will tell if this powerplant and its emissions are long-term reliable. If not, the calculus may change.

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
As someone who has been around the delete "community" since 2007, I can say that what you bring up here is a large part of why i have very little appetite to investigate deleting my JLURD. Not only has the emissions technology significantly improved where the vehicles can be reliable and efficient and powerful while still retaining all their emissions (something that couldn't be said in 2007), but there has ALWAYS been drama associated with all the diesel delete parts shippers and tuners. That guys stuff doesn't work, mine is the only stuff that runs good, those dudes over there suck, they're lying about their dyno results, blah, blah, blah. Interacting with the egomaniacal children that predominantly operate in the online "delete-space" is, quite frankly, exhausting, and it's been that way since the very beginning. Even the major players like Edge and Bully Dog (back when major players were still playing with delete hardware and software) would throw shade back and forth and try and light up a customer base to hate the other guys. And now, with the EPA crackdowns on the middle-men (the makers of the hard parts, the resellers and shippers, the tuners who made delete files, and the diesel shops that were installing the stuff), the only people left in the delete world are those that are willing to take a BIG risk, which makes me wonder: if they are so good at tuning vehicles, why would they need to resort to making delete files to make a buck? So I have serious concerns over the legitimacy of any tuning software that's available nowadays.

Ultimately, it comes down to risk:reward. For me, the profile HEAVILY favored deleting in 2007. I was one of the initial beta testers for Edge JWA, Bully Dog Power Pup, Smarty S67, and H&S for the 6.7L Cummins back then. It made sense, because the damned pickups wouldn't hardly run without being deleted and they ran WAY better once they were. Today, the profile doesn't favor deleting. I can still still get good fuel economy, roast big tires, and add power through an emissions-compliant tuner without any of the headaches. I suspect I'm not in the minority with my evaluation, which is why you don't see much of a clamoring for delete kits for the Wrangler/Gladiator. Yet. Time will tell if this powerplant and its emissions are long-term reliable. If not, the calculus may change.
so damn true. diesel is not for everybody and you need beyond common sense to own a morden emission control diesel. I too was thinking those who selling delete kit is like someone selling drugs, they are so desperate...

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
It's government regulation, the pendulum always swings too far. The most vocal currently just happen to be the eco folks who will use any chance to speak down on anything involving emission alterations, because that's the cool thing to do these days.
Sponsored