Sponsored

Modifying the 3.0 Engine and Exhaust to Delete Emissions, and Boost Power

Bulldog4xFour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2022 JLUS 4xe, 2022 JT Mojave
Im not worried about emissions where I live, but I do want to be able to switch back to the stock tune if I need visit the dealership. I'm assuming they are going to lock their tune so if the dealership tries to flash the PCM it would probably brick it. Hopefully they come out with something more then just a bench tune. I talked to SFT and they are still in the testing phase.
Sponsored

lsp408

First Name
Li
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUS
I glimpsed instruction manual and I did not see anything about tuning. Just connected to several sensors. It said it’s reversible and totally undetectable

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
New ECU's are encrypted so tough to program in the vehicle. If a big enough demand someone will figure it out eventually.

New Corvette is in a similar situation but more momentum to figure it out.

The question is will the tuners want to mess with the Diesel due to the crack downs. The "burning coal" guys really screwed up a good thing.
Yup - fucking coal rolling bastards

Binktd

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Ecodiesel, 1997 TJ, 2006 Duramax
I am running the Banks Derringer and pedal monster on my 21 Rubicon. I dont up the power level much driving back and forth to work but on 6 it's noticeable. The pedal monster was worth its weight in gold though, that dead pedal was killing me.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I am running the Banks Derringer and pedal monster on my 21 Rubicon. I dont up the power level much driving back and forth to work but on 6 it's noticeable. The pedal monster was worth its weight in gold though, that dead pedal was killing me.
Can you tell us numbers?? Or, can you tell us what your experiences are with this setup??

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
I am running (and have ran for tens of thousands of miles) a tune from Green Diesel Engineering in Michigan on my 16 Ram EcoD. They’ve recently went through an issue with our friends (?) at EPA and have now paid for the testing to have an epa blessed tune. Adds something like 30 horses, 60 ft/lb torque, BUT it moves the powerband to where you can really use it and eliminates the “turbo lag”. Engine runs very clean, oil is still clear at 5 k miles (non towing-towing will still “dirty” the oil some😏). I don’t know If they’ve got anything for the current engine or not, but I would not have an EcoD without it. In 60 k miles with it I’ve yet to see ANY “smoke”.

TJ_HOOKER

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Ecodiesel
I've been in touch with GDE and the latest word is "RE: Options for 2021 Ecodiesel Jeep Wrangler. We will be releasing in the early fall. Likely at the end of Sept or early Oct as we have a hot/high altitude trip planned at the end of August and then just porting everything over to all the variants"

Hopefully this is the case and we see it soon. It wont be a "delete" tune I'm sure, but hoping for significant improvements to MPG at the least. With 35's I wasn't too bad, but when I put a cargo rack on the hardtop, I lost 2 mpg on the highway. if I drop to 60mph I'm getting around 22-23mpg where I was 24 or better at 70-75 mph

Binktd

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Ecodiesel, 1997 TJ, 2006 Duramax
Can you tell us numbers?? Or, can you tell us what your experiences are with this setup??
I'm sorry, other than the dash it reads the power level added but NOT in hp. I think it was supposed to push it over 500lbs of torque. I haven't had it in any severe situations off road either yet. I haven't had any issues to date. It's been installed for 5k miles now. I crank it up on shitboxs at stop lights.

Last edited:

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
I'm sorry, other than the dash it reads the power level added but NOT in hp. I think it was supposed to push it over 500lbs of torque. I haven't had it in any severe situations off road either yet. I haven't had any issues to date. It's been installed for 5k miles now. I crank it up on shitboxs at stop lights.
Jeep Wrangler JL Modifying the 3.0 Engine and Exhaust to Delete Emissions, and Boost Power F9AECFF9-7EAE-43A5-8A30-740D79047BCA

Sponsored

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
factory ECU map

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
I wonder how many DEF bottles are floating around in the ocean? 🤔

Trucks to bring in materials to produce DEF, factory to make it, ships to carry it, trucks to deliver it to end user, plastic bottle waist… somebody help me with my math, I don’t see how this is less pollution in the long run…

Just think of the poor turtles every time you empty a DEF bottle

bryan8379

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
I wonder how many DEF bottles are floating around in the ocean? 🤔

Trucks to bring in materials to produce DEF, factory to make it, ships to carry it, trucks to deliver it to end user, plastic bottle waist… somebody help me with my math, I don’t see how this is less pollution in the long run…

Just think of the poor turtles every time you empty a DEF bottle
ecodiesel owners Canada has a delete tune ready for the JL/JT but I don't think the hardware is ready for JL just yet but should be soon. They posted it on Instagram but it's not on their main website yet.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I know this isnt a Jeep example, but it is Diesel related. I ran into a guy, yesterday, he was driving an Audi A7 TDI. It looked fantastic, but he hadn't had it inspected in over 3 years. He said the DPF(Diesel Particle Filter) had plugged up, and wouldnt pass inspection. He said a new filter would cost a couple thousand dollars, and he just couldnt find anyone to fix it, instead of replace it. He also said his fuel mileage was way down, as well as power.
I asked why he didnt just pull the DPF and reprogram it. He said he was environmentally conscious. I then asked how much fuel he was wasting because of the plugged up filter, and poor performance.
He looked at me like I had just burst his little bubble. Some people are clueless.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I find the claims of clean oil interesting. I haven't messed with the little consumer diesels, so maybe the oil really is clean. On the big, modern diesels, the inside of the stack is as shiny and bright at 600,000 miles as it was new, but the oil is coal black 15 minutes after doing an oil change. That was true of the old mechanical engines that rolled coal, and it's still true now.

I was just having a little memory lane trip earlier today. I used to have a Cummins Big Cam 4 with a hopped up fuel pump that ran like a scalded dog, but you could always tell which trailers I had been pulling. The days of black trailers are over, and that really isn't a bad thing.
Sponsored