Sponsored

Modifying the 3.0 Engine and Exhaust to Delete Emissions, and Boost Power

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
I wonder how many DEF bottles are floating around in the ocean? šŸ¤”

Trucks to bring in materials to produce DEF, factory to make it, ships to carry it, trucks to deliver it to end user, plastic bottle waistā€¦ somebody help me with my math, I donā€™t see how this is less pollution in the long runā€¦

Just think of the poor turtles every time you empty a DEF bottle
Mmm that plastic coke-bottle shaped waist.

il_570xN.2353466909_giwt.jpg

Seriously, how is this any different than a gallon of milk?
Sponsored

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
Seriously, how is this any different than a gallon of milk?
Though Def is not a pain to use, it and all the waste it creates is IMO unnecessary.
Also when you rely on diesels for work the emissions components reliability can be a real pain in the a**.
The DPF is a joke, you collect all the particles just to burn them off later at one time wasting extra fuel in the process.
By all means run a clean map from the factory an lock the ECU, leave off DPF and DEF systems.

Sorry i canā€™t spell words the correct way, but Iā€™ll trade bad grammar for all the real world skills that I actually need.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Naive question: does removing the emission equipment result in a full rolling coal situation? Like the one in the video of the previous post?

Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Naive question: does removing the emission equipment result in a full rolling coal situation? Like the one in the video of the previous post?
No. It all depends on the tune and the hard parts. If you don't change any hard parts it can easily be tuned to still run clean and give you a bump in economy/hp and torque.

If you were to go to a larger turbo and different injectors it gets harder to stay in the clean zone. But again depending on the tune, it can still run clean.

Not saying it won't put out more emissions either. But what if it puts out 2% more in emissions, but nets you 12% better fuel economy? What if you can keep your diesel on the road for 20 years and never have to replace emissions equipment? What is the carbon footprint of sourcing and shipping all of the extra replacement components? There is a lot to this whole thing.

Just things to think about. I doubt we'll ever see honest answers to those questions though.

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
No. It all depends on the tune and the hard parts. If you don't change any hard parts it can easily be tuned to still run clean and give you a bump in economy/hp and torque.

If you were to go to a larger turbo and different injectors it gets harder to stay in the clean zone. But again depending on the tune, it can still run clean.

Not saying it won't put out more emissions either. But what if it puts out 2% more in emissions, but nets you 12% better fuel economy? What if you can keep your diesel on the road for 20 years and never have to replace emissions equipment? What is the carbon footprint of sourcing and shipping all of the extra replacement components? There is a lot to this whole thing.

Just things to think about. I doubt we'll ever see honest answers to those questions though.
Perfectly stated. The emissions system is another system on the vehicle that can fail. They do engineer these engines around these emissions systems, today. Itā€™s no different than adding an AC system to a vehicle - another system to fail except you donā€™t get to make the decision. I prefer to have none of it especially the electronic screen and can bus system. But it is what it is.

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Like this guy?

Too much fuel. This leads to more power, but higher exhaust heat. If not carefully monitored, it can damage the engine. Dial back on the fuel a little, and you still make a lot of power, but it isnt harmful to the engine. But, some people just want as much power as possible, and dont think about reliability.

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
Iā€™ve heard of GDE, who is EOC?

Sponsored

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How do you use t

How do you use the tazer and the data monster at the same time, if they both plug into the OBD port?
If you needed two devices to access the OBD port you can use a splitter (check Amazon).

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
How do you use the tazer and the data monster at the same time, if they both plug into the OBD port?
You should consider getting a Pedal Monster (or any other throttle enhancer). It will wake up your EcoDiesel.
Sponsored