Modified JK tube doors on my JL

alanmetzgar

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Sport S
I modified some JKU doors left over from my 2010 JKU on to my JL over the weekend.

Let me know your thoughts. Here is some pics.
20180716_070658.jpg
20180716_070711.jpg
Sponsored

Swartz2017

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Durango, 2016 Cherokee 75th
What did you have to do for the rears? I have a set of Steinjagers from my ‘13 JKu that is love to reuse.

OP
OP
alanmetzgar

alanmetzgar

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Sport S
What did you have to do for the rears? I have a set of Steinjagers from my ‘13 JKu that is love to reuse.
I will have to get you the measurements and if I can better pictures, but I used one side of a door hinge, I then cut it to the shape on the picture and drilled out 4 bolt holes, the width of the door hinge fit perfectly for the doors I have. The picture is a quick draft from mspaint so please don't use to scale...lol

tube doors.jpg

4LowPhoto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I will have to get you the measurements and if I can better pictures, but I used one side of a door hinge, I then cut it to the shape on the picture and drilled out 4 bolt holes, the width of the door hinge fit perfectly for the doors I have. The picture is a quick draft from mspaint so please don't use to scale...lol

tube doors.jpg
Can you post a close up shot of the part you made? I have been wanting to do that for mine. thanks

Swartz2017

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Durango, 2016 Cherokee 75th
Searched and found no more info on this. First day of 60 degree plus since I brought the JLU home and I’m antsy to use my steinjager JKU doors!!
Sponsored