Modding the front of my jeep

whitechocolate

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th Edition
If you want some real OG stuff, you should just get rid of the grill entirely. That's what I'm going to do eventually. I need to figure out where to relocate my Dixie Horn. Currently it's in the front grill. But after that I'm straight up going to roll with no grill like a redneck boss!
Them Duke Boys at it again ;) :LOL: :rock:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I'd argue that many of the Jeeps I see on the streets seem designed to be as aggressive as possible with giant 37" tires and lifts, military looking appearances, and the like. I wouldn't pick on angry grilles specifically. Thousands of people are lifting and slapping giant tires on Jeeps for no reason other than to look "aggressive." (If you need it for the trails you do, that's a different matter).

I'm more of a classic Jeep guy myself, personally. A tool for fun, not a military tank.
Yeag I agree with you. I am not a big fan of 37s and above. But they are practical mods that do make the jeep a lot more capable.

And massive tires are not nearly as bad as the angry grill.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Sharing this again so I can be completely honest. When I did the angry grill on my. jk I really liked it. After getting blasted on the forum I decided I still like it but wouldn’t tell anyone. Till now.

99CE6A29-0758-4D4C-B2F8-8A0A731E06A4.jpeg
Next up on True Confessions... 'My secret, forbidden love of an angry grill'... :)

Sponsored

jshmata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL 2 door V6 6 spd MT, Hard top, soft top,
I am new to JEEPS. 7/2022 2 Dr Sport S 6MT. The angry grills are dumb. Jeeps are happy rocking a smile. The angry face belongs with the rice burners, along with the peeing guy on the back window stickers. My 2 cents.

variableknife

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Wrangler Sport S
I want to change the front of my jeep. Including grill, headlights, and fender flares, and eventually a bumper with a brush bar.

I want to go for a more aggressive look, as well as "more spartan" as my friend described his comparatively.

If I change my grille, will I make certain headlights not compatible anymore? Or do most grilles work with any headlights?

what about a grille insert. The grille I'm looking at I like, but I wonder if it can have a grille insert. As well if it works with any headlights.

Oh and what about bumper compatibility??

Below is the front of my jeep, and the 2 grilles i am considering. But I have those questions about compatibility. Bc stock headlights suckkkk lol
20221203_155119.jpg

Screenshot_20230123-214637_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230123-214646_Chrome.jpg
In my humble personal opinion, the angry eyes grill is the "smart car" of mods. Get yourself a winch, additional LED lighting, no problem. Angry eyes grill should be reserved for Priuses and Mall-crawling Broncos. That is all.

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
OP, nobody here is trying to hurt your feelings. But them angry grills are really ugly. I belong to three different Wrangler Forum, and the feeling from the Members in all three, is the same regarding the Grill. The stock grill look is a legend! Plus it just helps with the popularity of the Wranglers.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I found something better. Carolina squat Jeep (with stock grill though)
p2zn2741h7n61.jpg
I know its the Jeep but can't help but notice the big truck with those wheels and very low profile tires. That truck is as bad as the Jeep. :lipssealed: :LOL:

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

There should be a Jeep 'Help Line' that one can call when they about to do a stupid thing.

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
In my humble personal opinion, the angry eyes grill is the "smart car" of mods. Get yourself a winch, additional LED lighting, no problem. Angry eyes grill should be reserved for Priuses and Mall-crawling Broncos. That is all.
So, something like this?
Jeep Wrangler JL Modding the front of my jeep www.ubuy.com

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
Yall nothing but cap lmao this hating on angry grills is a bandwagon trend and yall riding front row seats. Nothing cute bout adopting sheep mentality
Seeing as Jeeps had the regular grill for what, 60 odd years before angry grills, it would seem that the angry grill is the "bandwagon" thing.