First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I think the second one with the light in it is pretty cool. Best part is, you have lots of options and will have to run with one. As you'll see, people are not ford of those grills but in the end, it's no different than someone throwing on a 2.5" lift kit and Fuel wheels.
Sponsored

dapipp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ), 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JL)
While I have many concerns with your "demon grill with led light bar " I would suggest you take a hard look at the light bar section. Is the angle of the light bar adjustable, getting bigger tires or a lift could put the light at a bad angle if it is not adjustable. I would take a look but I don't want my wife to see that grill and light bar in my browser history.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I want to go for a more aggressive look, as well as "more spartan" as my friend described his comparatively.

20221203_155119.jpg
Nice looking Jeep right there^^^Maybe headlights that attract a bit more attention and leave that classic grill alone. Combined w/ a bumper it should have a nice look. I have these lights and bumper and IMO it's a good look.

Jeep Wrangler JL Modding the front of my jeep IMG_0785.JPG

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Angry grilles and light bars are the equivalent to wings and ground effects on “tuner cars”. It will look like shit and look cheap. It’s not “different”, every high school parking lot is full of them. Just my opinion though. Ima call it like I see it.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
kind of in line with what @Zandcwhite said, I have mine "enabled" by pressing the factory Aux2 then turned on/off with the highbeams. You'll need to add a relay to do it like this. I tried just using the Aux2 to turn them on/off but that isn't nearly as convenient. You can find threads on here describing how to do it in more detail.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
People like what they like. I'm not a mod for looks kind of guy period, but very much appreciate that the OP has the balls to come on here and ask legitimate questions about a mod he's interested in regardless of how others feel about it. It's definitely not something I would spend my money on, but he didn't ask me too or ask how his grill might effect you guys emotionally. At least this grill offers some function with it. If you like how YOUR jeep looks, that's all that matters.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Agree, I'm also a "do unto others" guy which is why I don't leave the offroad lights on (unless they did something to earn it) and have rear mud flaps to keep rocks off the guy behind me.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
I want to change the front of my jeep. Including grill, headlights, and fender flares, and eventually a bumper with a brush bar.

I want to go for a more aggressive look, as well as "more spartan" as my friend described his comparatively.

If I change my grille, will I make certain headlights not compatible anymore? Or do most grilles work with any headlights?

what about a grille insert. The grille I'm looking at I like, but I wonder if it can have a grille insert. As well if it works with any headlights.

Oh and what about bumper compatibility??

Below is the front of my jeep, and the 2 grilles i am considering. But I have those questions about compatibility. Bc stock headlights suckkkk lol

Its YOUR Jeep, your wallet, your PRIDE(?) of ride so you do as you see fit of course.

But I ask of only one consideration. Its WE the people that will be seeing more than you ever will have you considered that???

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Now that most people have come down off the need to bash the angry grill, they'll probably start switching to bashing the desire for a 50" lightbar....

To that I say that my favorite is the Rough Country 50" Black Series single row, but ONLY if you have a hard top, which it looks like you do. Excellent light for the $$$ IMO. I do a lot of hunting, which means I'm on hunting roads and trails in the dark quite often, and light is a must. "Only if a hard top" is because over the soft top, light bars seem to redirect wind and cause a lot of extra wind noise (not just the normal whistle, I'm talking like a massive wind tunnel affect), and puts extra stress on it as well. It's likely a modular light such as a very expensive KC or Baja Designs would be better, as well as better quality light all around, but you're talking 6x the price at that point.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. No this is not a joke. I like the classic jeep look but I just want something different. I'm not big on angry grilles either but the one I posted is not bad. Don't really care what people think lol.

I'm surprised everyone thinks I was trolling. I genuinely was concerned about compatibility issues lol. But since u say I should be good I think ima order a new grille real soon.

I wonder what looks more aggressive, a stubby bumper or a full, thin fender flares or wide
Hey man you do you. The best way to achieve the look you are after is to get a 5 gal bucket and collect your feces for one week. Then take all that poo and rub it all over the front end of your Jeep. You will have the exact look you are looking for!!! Good Luck!!!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Now that most people have come down off the need to bash the angry grill, they'll probably start switching to bashing the desire for a 50" lightbar....
Nope, we've been bashing those for just as long.

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
Hey man you do you. The best way to achieve the look you are after is to get a 5 gal bucket and collect your feces for one week. Then take all that poo and rub it all over the front end of your Jeep. You will have the exact look you are looking for!!! Good Luck!!!
Isn't that how ford designed the mustang II
Sponsored