Modding the front of my jeep

wscottyh

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL rubicon
I want to change the front of my jeep. Including grill, headlights, and fender flares, and eventually a bumper with a brush bar.

I want to go for a more aggressive look, as well as "more spartan" as my friend described his comparatively.

If I change my grille, will I make certain headlights not compatible anymore? Or do most grilles work with any headlights?

what about a grille insert. The grille I'm looking at I like, but I wonder if it can have a grille insert. As well if it works with any headlights.

Oh and what about bumper compatibility??

Below is the front of my jeep, and the 2 grilles i am considering. But I have those questions about compatibility. Bc stock headlights suckkkk lol
20221203_155119.jpg

Screenshot_20230123-214637_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230123-214646_Chrome.jpg
It won’t be a jeep anymore
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
So now I have an issue. The grill doesn't seal around the headlights tightly and I'm not sure how big a problem that is for weather?? No matter how I pushed on the grill it wouldn't get anywhere near sealing around the headlights
Push it a bit more. Then maybe itll crack and youll be forced back into your original grill.

Also. Remember those cheap chinese toys you sometimes got as a kid that didnt seem to be built quite right? With gaps and sharp edges around, yet they still worked. It is kinda like that.

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Taste is very subjective. Some people might think having an orange vehicle shows you have no taste. I'm not a fan of these grilles but to say your taste is better than someone else's is silly.
Taste is indeed subjective, but there's also such a thing as collective majority when considering taste. There are many things that are universally accepted as being in good taste, and being in poor taste. It is good taste to leave the bottom button undone on a suit jacket, you should always tell the host that they have a lovely home, you always tell parents that their baby is adorable... And universal bad taste, like passing gas in an elevator. These grills are the equivalent of a nasty fart in a tight elevator.

drpericak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Earl JLU Rubicon
Occupation
dentist
Taste is indeed subjective, but there's also such a thing as collective majority when considering taste. There are many things that are universally accepted as being in good taste, and being in poor taste. It is good taste to leave the bottom button undone on a suit jacket, you should always tell the host that they have a lovely home, you always tell parents that their baby is adorable... And universal bad taste, like passing gas in an elevator. These grills are the equivalent of a nasty fart in a tight elevator.
No. They're not. And if you think an angry grill is as bad as a fart in an elevator you need to get out more. And what do you call a "collective majority"? A bunch of douchebags with 40's and cut fenders.

Last edited:

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
No. They're not. And if you think an angry grill is as bad as a fart in an elevator you need to get out more. And what do you call a "collective majority"? A bunch of douchebags with 40's and cut fenders.
They are lampooned on every social media format. They are the reason why so many people are making fun of Jeeps now. Well them and tasteless things similar that people are doing to their Jeep. Spartan helmets, punisher skulls, rgb leds everywhere, etc. Which is why several people have been considering Jeeps as the new Ricers. The late 90s and early 00s was full of tasteless things done to little import cars, but now it seems that every mullet wearing, tribal tattooed, big gold chain wearing, fool has moved to the Wrangler. The collective majority is the general consensus of our society, and while not everyone wants a Jeep on 40s with cut fenders. Fewer people consider an angry grill in decent taste.

OP
OP
Campdaddy

Campdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door jeep wrangler 3.6
Occupation
Industrial Preventative Maintenence
They are lampooned on every social media format. They are the reason why so many people are making fun of Jeeps now. Well them and tasteless things similar that people are doing to their Jeep. Spartan helmets, punisher skulls, rgb leds everywhere, etc. Which is why several people have been considering Jeeps as the new Ricers. The late 90s and early 00s was full of tasteless things done to little import cars, but now it seems that every mullet wearing, tribal tattooed, big gold chain wearing, fool has moved to the Wrangler. The collective majority is the general consensus of our society, and while not everyone wants a Jeep on 40s with cut fenders. Fewer people consider an angry grill in decent taste.

U done crying?

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Jeep Wrangler JL Modding the front of my jeep 1675224224645