Moab on highway VS Sahara

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Nice comparison. It doesn't seem like a huge difference, though the MT tires did seem a bit louder, especially as he rolls to a stop and/or turns. It's not substantial enough that it would be a deal breaker for me. Personally, I've never been a fan of black rims, so I'd probably swap them out for some Rubicon, or Tech Gray rims anyway. I could definitely live with that minimal sound difference for a little while.

zamboniman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
When new all tires aren't too bad. It's how they sound 12 or more months later after hardening up a bit and putting some wear pattern on them. MT's big blocky tread seem to exaggerate this. What might be a slight bit louder new could turn into a loud roar down the road.

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase
Mines are definitely not as obnoxiously loud as people state but you all bring up a good point about when they get more worn in that they might get louder. I only have 3300 miles on mine so far.

Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
When new all tires aren't too bad. It's how they sound 12 or more months later after hardening up a bit and putting some wear pattern on them. MT's big blocky tread seem to exaggerate this. What might be a slight bit louder new could turn into a loud roar down the road.
My neighbor has a jk with SST Pro tires that he's had for a while and I can hear those things coming down the block lol.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Great point. I had Mikey Thompson MTZ on my last Ram. They weren't bad new, but after a little time they got pretty loud.
The KO2's I had on my Grand Cherokee, on the other hand didn't get lout at all, and they gripped great. I highly recommend them. If I bought a Moab, I'd likely switch to the Rubicon rims as mentioned. Partly because I like the rims better, but also because those are great tires.

DeekT

First Name
Deek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLU Rubicon (mine), 2018 White JLU Moab (wife)
Occupation
Retired
I have a Rubicon and a Moab (Moab was daughters X-mas). I checked the Moab's springs and they are not Rubicon. Part # wise right between Rubicon and Sahara. We swapped tires from Rubicon to Moab (she needed more of a street friendly tread design) Drives and rides Excellent!
Did she keep the stock rims on the Moab? Any rubbing? I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing, put 35s on my Rubicon and put the 33s from the Rubicon on the wife's Moab.

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
NO Rubbing. We swapped Rubi tires to Moab rims and vice versa. The Rubicon looks little funny, but will probably be a long arm build with 37or 38"... just not there yet.

Sponsored

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
What tire pressure are Moab owners running on the stock tires?
Mine was at 36 from the dealer and feels fine on the road to me, so I've just left it there.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Mine was at 36 from the dealer and feels fine on the road to me, so I've just left it there.
I am also running 36 (was 40 at the dealers) and it feels fine so far.

slamr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB, Harley SE Street Glide
I am also running 36 (was 40 at the dealers) and it feels fine so far.
Mine was 43 at the dealer. Now at 36 and seems fine for this cold weather. May go lower, 34 - 35 once it warms up.

Dreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU MOAB, '13 Nissan 370Z Roadster
Mine was 43 at the dealer. Now at 36 and seems fine for this cold weather. May go lower, 34 - 35 once it warms up.
What are the benefits of going to lower PSI? Thx.
Sponsored