MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
One more question, is it possible to do half of Poison Spider and turn off to Golden Spike in one day for 2 BOH's?
For sure. People call that route the “triple threat” and you’ll find you can search for that on YouTube or Google and get info about it.

Red is Poison Spider
Green is Golden Spike
Blue is Gold Bar Rim
Purple is Metal Masher, but you’d only go on the Gemini Bridges Road to head back to a main road.

2057D18E-F236-4E98-8281-613B97D870FB.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brew211

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
For sure. People call that route the “triple threat” and you’ll find you can search for that on YouTube or Google and get info about it.

Red is Poison Spider
Green is Golden Spike
Blue is Gold Bar Rim
Purple is Metal Masher, but you’d only go on the Gemini Bridges Road to head back to a main road.

Jeep Wrangler JL Moab Itinerary? 2057D18E-F236-4E98-8281-613B97D870FB
WOW!!!!
Thanks for that. Thats all doable in one day? About how long on average does it take?

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Due to the others not being right next to eachother, I'd recommend doing the "Triple Threat" with the other day. This would be doing Poison Spider to Golden Spike to Gold Bar Rim. Makes for a long day.
I look forward to my next Moab trip and plan to do this. I need the Golden Crack photo with my Jeep! LOL

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thank you everyone for your help.
I've rescheduled my Moab trip to the first week of October. 2 days of jeeping and I'd love to acquire 4 BOH's.

Day 1: Fins & Hells
Day 2: ?? & ??

@MarkY3130 recommend the other BOH trails Poison Spider, Steel Bender, Metal Masher, Elephant Hill, Top of the World, Cliff Hanger, and Pritchett Canyon......... can any of these be paired together?

Thank you so much for your help.
Do you plan on returning to Moab ever? If so carry on. If not, it would be a shame (IMO) to miss elephant hill (don’t miss the hikes, they’re worth it). You’ll be down a badge (it takes all day), but I think it is worth it. Also I feel it’s a natural progression in difficulty level.

If you don’t already have it, pick up a copy of Charles A. Wells book on Moab. It’s the trail Bible for Moab.

It’s hard to go wrong in Moab. Whatever you decide to do, it will be spectacular. That place is magical, it never gets old. Also if you have time to buzz through Arches NP, it’s amazing as well.

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
WOW!!!!
Thanks for that. Thats all doable in one day? About how long on average does it take?
It’s doable, but it’s a long day. Also have the decision on whether to do the loop part on poison spider or just head up to the next trail. If you start early you will finish up in time. It wouldn’t be a day I’d pick to take a long lunch break

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
I'm making plans for a Moab trip in late October. It'll be my first time back since 1989, when I made a few trails in my trusty old Toyota 4WD pickup on 31" tires and open diffs.

This time I have a 2dr JL with sway bar disconnects, LSD rear axle, rock rails and 33s.

Planning on Fins, Hell's, Elephant Hill and Poison Spider.

Question: would my rig be OK for Top of the World?

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm making plans for a Moab trip in late October. It'll be my first time back since 1989, when I made a few trails in my trusty old Toyota 4WD pickup on 31" tires and open diffs.

This time I have a 2dr JL with sway bar disconnects, LSD rear axle, rock rails and 33s.

Planning on Fins, Hell's, Elephant Hill and Poison Spider.

Question: would my rig be OK for Top of the World?
You’ll be fine at Top off the World. The trail has a lollipop shape. When you get to the point where you have to choose right or left, the right side is easier. Probably best to either go up and down that side if you are worried about it, or up the right and down the left. Up the left would be the hardest due to going up the ledges (opinion)
Sponsored