First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
Operations manager
Taking an anniversary trip to Moab in April. We will be staying at Under Canvas and taking a guided tour with Dan Mick guided tours. Anyone have advice for making the trip amazing? Should we rent a Jeep to enjoy the trails on our own? Where are must eat spots? Any other must do’s while there?
We own a 4xe Sahara but live in Pennsylvania. For this trip we will fly to Denver, rent a car and drive to Moab.
Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Taking an anniversary trip to Moab in April. We will be staying at Under Canvas and taking a guided tour with Dan Mick guided tours. Anyone have advice for making the trip amazing? Should we rent a Jeep to enjoy the trails on our own? Where are must eat spots? Any other must do’s while there?
We own a 4xe Sahara but live in Pennsylvania. For this trip we will fly to Denver, rent a car and drive to Moab.
PM incoming....

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
If you are not driving your own then I would rent one when you get to Moab. There are several outfitters who have very well equipped vehicles to rent and then follow them on some of the more well known/traveled trails (i.e., Hell's Revenge, Top of the World etc.). I would do this over taking a tour for sure. It'll give you experience and no worries on damaging your DD. Then after that I would hit up some of the easier trails that have great views like Shafer Trail and Chicken Corners. I imagine you have done research, but it'll be a 5+ hour trip to Moab from Denver as well. Depending on weather in the mountains could add up to couple more hours to your drive. April is still winter in the mountains more or less depending on the day.

Eat at Doughbird too. Amazing donuts and sandwiches as well. Though they do sell out quickly. They had some pretty good food trucks as well.

music293

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Clubs

You likely have reasons to fly into Denver and then drive to Moab, so if so, no worries. However, if you're not married to that idea, I might recommend flying directly into Moab's airport. It's small, but it'll get the job done.

From there you'd really only need a cab or something over to wherever you're planning on renting your Jeep from. Just food for thought.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

You likely have reasons to fly into Denver and then drive to Moab, so if so, no worries. However, if you're not married to that idea, I might recommend flying directly into Moab's airport. It's small, but it'll get the job done.

From there you'd really only need a cab or something over to wherever you're planning on renting your Jeep from. Just food for thought.
+1 on this

My parents were able to fly into canyon lands airport just outside of town in November

Sponsored

Kansas JL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon ( sold). 2022 392 XR Tuscadero
definitely rent a Jeep while you are there and hit the trails there. Go to both national parks, they both have breath taking views and have trails inside of them. Go to fins and things as well it’s just fun. We just did all of this last summer and it was epic!

OP
OP

SteelerJeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
Operations manager
Just got back before Easter Jeep Safari. Moab was a blast. It looks and feels like a different planet compared to the east coast. We stayed at Under Canvas resort. This was an amazing glamping property. The Arches National Park is an absolute must. We had a guided Jeep tour on Hell’s Revenge. Jeeps really are amazing and it was one heck of an adrenaline rush!! We finished with doing Shafer trail with our rented Rubicon. We felt like semi real Jeepers.
Doughnuts at Doughbird were out of this world!
Will be going back-
Sponsored