Sponsored

MOAB...I just don’t understand Why the thread was closed.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
So according to @UKCATS the MOAB is only 60% as effective as a Rubicon off road... :movember:

Please tell me your hard Data....:giggle:

Honestly I haven't found the limitations of my own Sahara yet, except for the time I got forced into the ruts of my buddy that runs 37" Cooper SST Pros and I was sitting on my axles and had to back down the hill. :facepalm:
I have a jk Sahara that I wheel at-least once a month, I have never found the limit either.. do plenty of intermediate trails and didn’t even come close to pushing the limit of the vehicle... only time I got stuck I stupidly backed up with out a spotter and hit a ramp shaped rock and pushed my back wheels off the ground with my front in deep loose sand/gravel.. a lifted Sahara with quick disconnect is still a very very capable vehicle, that I wouldn’t hesitate to take on almost any trail..
Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
lol they're trying to make me buy new wheels instead of just upgrading tires... as they've conned @MedicalCowboy into doing, lol.

Honestly I like the wheels I have, and I do plan on getting Duratracs when my current tires wear out.
Nitto trail grapplers make a 35x11.5x17 that fits stock wheels

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Nitto trail grapplers make a 35x11.5x17 that fits stock wheels
I've done some research on Nittos, and haven't heard any amazing testimony over the Ridge Grappler so I'll probably still get Duratracs.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have a jk Sahara that I wheel at-least once a month, I have never found the limit either.. do plenty of intermediate trails and didn’t even come close to pushing the limit of the vehicle... only time I got stuck I stupidly backed up with out a spotter and hit a ramp shaped rock and pushed my back wheels off the ground with my front in deep loose sand/gravel.. a lifted Sahara with quick disconnect is still a very very capable vehicle, that I wouldn’t hesitate to take on almost any trail..
Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure there is plenty of stuff out there that can beat my Jeep, but I have to find it first. :like:

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure I've shown this one off before, but I went through the mud just fine with my AT Adventures. KM2s would shrug that off though.
To be honest, I really don't know how KO2s do in the mud peronally, but I've heard complaints from some of the local Jeepers when they hit mud with those tires.

img_1157-jpg.jpg

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I've done some research on Nittos, and haven't heard any amazing testimony over the Ridge Grappler so I'll probably still get Duratracs.
Sean are you going to keep your stock wheels (18's)? Or go with 17's

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sean are you going to keep your stock wheels (18's)? Or go with 17's
Keep the same wheels and go with the 255/70R18 Duratracs. Going with a bigger tire just isn't appealing to me for what I use the Jeep for.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Keep the same wheels and go with the 255/70R18 Duratracs. Going with a bigger tire just isn't appealing to me for what I use the Jeep for.
That's understandable. I'm torn between keeping stock 18's or changing out to 17's. I just wanted another opinion. I think I may keep the 18's for now. the duratracs look nice.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That's understandable. I'm torn between keeping stock 18's or changing out to 17's. I just wanted another opinion. I think I may keep the 18's for now. the duratracs look nice.
I think if I got a really good deal on takeoffs from a Rubicon I'd consider it, but otherwise switching out wheels as well as tires can make it a lot more expensive.

I figured if I don't change out wheels that means I can go for a pretty good tire. The Duratrac is made in 255 70R18 just like the standard Sahara tire size, and if I go a little bit wider I could get a set of Wrangler MT/R in 275 65R18 but those are much more expensive.

Wrangler_DuraTrac_354.jpg

Versus

Wrangler_MTR_Kevlar_360.jpg

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I think if I got a really good deal on takeoffs from a Rubicon I'd consider it, but otherwise switching out wheels as well as tires can make it a lot more expensive.

I figured if I don't change out wheels that means I can go for a pretty good tire. The Duratrac is made in 255 70R18 just like the standard Sahara tire size, and if I go a little bit wider I could get a set of Wrangler MT/R in 275 65R18 but those are much more expensive.

Wrangler_DuraTrac_354.jpg

Versus

Wrangler_MTR_Kevlar_360.jpg
I was really thinking about a wider tire. Of those you quoted the Duratrac is about 10 inches wide, and the MR/R is almost 11 inches. I could probably do that, but what about the ride on MT tires? Is it going to be rougher?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I was really thinking about a wider tire. Of those you quoted the Duratrac is about 10 inches wide, and the MR/R is almost 11 inches. I could probably do that, but what about the ride on MT tires? Is it going to be rougher?
The Duratrac is the same size as factory so definitely usable. For sure the MT/R won't be as smooth, but its probably one of the best Mud Tires out there. They used to put the first Gen of MT/R on HMMWVs. More than likely what I'll do is replace my current tires when they're worn down with the Duratracs.
Sponsored