hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm starting to research lifts. Some seller websites ask if the JLU is a Rubicon or Sahara. I want to answer, "That depends", but that's not a choice in the dropdown box. I'm guessing that our Moabs are closer to a JLUR when it comes to suspension. Any thoughts?
Sahara
Sponsored

Reactions: eck

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm starting to research lifts. Some seller websites ask if the JLU is a Rubicon or Sahara. I want to answer, "That depends", but that's not a choice in the dropdown box. I'm guessing that our Moabs are closer to a JLUR when it comes to suspension. Any thoughts?
Our Moabs are Sahara's. If looking at lifts / wheels / tires, treat it as a Sahara. We don't have the highline fenders of a Rubi. Ours only has the springs / shocks from a Rubi.

JESM

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver Moab
Our Moabs are Sahara's. If looking at lifts / wheels / tires, treat it as a Sahara. We don't have the highline fenders of a Rubi. Ours only has the springs / shocks from a Rubi.
Hi there, I have a Moab and replaced the fenders for the highline Rubicon fenders. I have parked next to JL Rubicon at same level and still the Rubicon was about 1/2 inch to 1 inch higher. Why is that? I thought we have the same shocks/springs? Thanks.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi there, I have a Moab and replaced the fenders for the highline Rubicon fenders. I have parked next to JL Rubicon at same level and still the Rubicon was about 1/2 inch to 1 inch higher. Why is that? I thought we have the same shocks/springs? Thanks.
tires. Rubis have 33s and Moabs 32s

Sponsored

JESM

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver Moab
tires. Rubis have 33s and Moabs 32s
Thanks for your reply,

I do have a set of Rubicon 33s installed, did not like the mud tires. Still the Rubicon sits higher.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for your reply,

I do have a set of Rubicon 33s installed, did not like the mud tires. Still the Rubicon sits higher.
Well then :) . Did the Rubi have plastic bumpers possibly. Hard to tell sometimes why they are different.

tehfrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4XE 20th
My Moab, right after a tree fell on it about a month ago.
Only known damage was some minor scrapes on the hard top.

_.jpg

ShineJL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Wrangler
Just installed GFC’s new Superlite rooftop tent. Waited a year for this thing. Only 80lbs! Superb design and quality. I like it better than my Ikamper.

944442F7-AF4F-4307-BDD8-9A1BD6B38064.jpeg

88DBA3A5-1E9F-4683-95B3-51FD031B1B3F.jpeg

Sponsored

RobertL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep MOAB
I need some advice on my MOAB
I am thinking of going to 35" tires, I know i want to re-gear to 456's. I don't have any plans of going any bigger.
Do I need to put in a lift? I was thinking 2 1/2 but dont know which one. Also will can i put 35"s on my stock rims? If I get 35/125/17 will I need wheel spacers

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
I am thinking of going to 35" tires, I know i want to re-gear to 456's. I don't have any plans of going any bigger.
Do I need to put in a lift? I was thinking 2 1/2 but dont know which one. Also will can i put 35"s on my stock rims? If I get 35/125/17 will I need wheel spacers
Yes to all your questions, go with Evo 2.5 enforcer kit with fox shocks your ride will be heaven.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
When I originally built my 18 JLUR I used components from EVO and they answered any and every question that I had. They build some top shelf components and are also willing to do one off projects that may benefit both of you. I am looking forward to calling them tomorrow to see about swapping out the front springs in my 392 and install Mopar longer lower control arms. Hopefully this will get the ride height correct and I won't require much more then possibly adding a stiffer spring to the rear.
I don't want to go all in on this 392 because I have a 392 Recon Rubicon on order now. I needed to get into a vehicle since my Raptor was being traded in $69k and the 392 Rubicon was $76,710 so I saved a lot in the sales tax area, and with the 392 Rubicon being traded in for a 392 Recon Rubicon there really is not much of a price difference between the two jeep`s. 4:56 Gears and 315/70/17 BFG rubber along with the tailgate reinforcement make it a worthwhile package in my case.
Now it`s just a matter of waiting for it to arrive and decide on Gtechniq Professionally installed ceramic coat or go with the new Graphene coating, either way paint correction is definitely needed before it is applied

https://www.graphene-info.com/graphene-introduction

https://gtechniq.com/shop/auto/ceramic-coatings/crystal-serum-ultra/

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
When I originally built my 18 JLUR I used components from EVO and they answered any and every question that I had. They build some top shelf components and are also willing to do one off projects that may benefit both of you. I am looking forward to calling them tomorrow to see about swapping out the front springs in my 392 and install Mopar longer lower control arms. Hopefully this will get the ride height correct and I won't require much more then possibly adding a stiffer spring to the rear.
I don't want to go all in on this 392 because I have a 392 Recon Rubicon on order now. I needed to get into a vehicle since my Raptor was being traded in $69k and the 392 Rubicon was $76,710 so I saved a lot in the sales tax area, and with the 392 Rubicon being traded in for a 392 Recon Rubicon there really is not much of a price difference between the two jeep`s. 4:56 Gears and 315/70/17 BFG rubber along with the tailgate reinforcement make it a worthwhile package in my case.
Now it`s just a matter of waiting for it to arrive and decide on Gtechniq Professionally installed ceramic coat or go with the new Graphene coating, either way paint correction is definitely needed before it is applied

https://www.graphene-info.com/graphene-introduction

https://gtechniq.com/shop/auto/ceramic-coatings/crystal-serum-ultra/
Sorry sir, this is a Wendy’s…

RobertL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep MOAB
Yes to all your questions, go with Evo 2.5 enforcer kit with fox shocks your ride will be heaven.
if possible could i have more details? what size spacers? which 2.5 enforcer kit and why?

Sponsored