MOAB Edition JL Club Thread

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Cool, that is great. Can one keep the stock fender liners, or do you have to change them too ?
I don't actually know the answer to that question as I went aftermarket inner fender liners (Artec) and I paid someone to do the install. I don't believe you can keep the OEM inner fender liners as they are attached to the DRL housing which goes away.
Advertisement

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Sahara, Audi Q5, Porsche 911
I don't actually know the answer to that question as I went aftermarket inner fender liners (Artec) and I paid someone to do the install. I don't believe you can keep the OEM inner fender liners as they are attached to the DRL housing which goes away.
Found the answer, all I had to do is scroll down on their site.... You actually can keep the stock inner fenders. All one has to do is trim them a little.

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
Replaced the Go Rhino Dominator D1 steps with RSE Step Sliders (Gen III).

Before:
789100F2-6180-4467-B57D-EE565CE25E39_1_105_c.jpeg

After:

Dr_Side_low.jpg

This was the plan from the start but the power steps were down on the priority list due to cost. Lift and tires are next on the list.

palmor

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, 2018 JLU Moab
Thinking about going with 285/75/r17, not really interested in a lift (don't need it for the trails I do) but would like a slightly bigger tire. Anyone else running this size on stock suspension? From other posts it looks like it will fit but it's pretty limited info out there and I've seen other claims of stuff fitting that doesn't really :)

If not I'll just got stock rubie sized tires. For the 285/75 I'm looking at
Toyo OPEN COUNTRY A/T III's

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 11 Ram 1500, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk
Thinking about going with 285/75/r17, not really interested in a lift (don't need it for the trails I do) but would like a slightly bigger tire. Anyone else running this size on stock suspension? From other posts it looks like it will fit but it's pretty limited info out there and I've seen other claims of stuff fitting that doesn't really :)

You might want to upgrade your bump stops so that the tires don’t hit the fenders when the suspension is compressed.

Teneski

First Name
Teneski
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Unimited Mojito MOAB, '19 Infiniti QX80, '19 Murano
Occupation
Entreperneur

We are running Nitto Terra Grappler G2's - 295/70/17. 14k miles with no spacers, a stock suspension and have never rubbed once.

Lencbo

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
I just ordered the teraflex 1.5” spacer lift for my 18 MOAB. I plan on swapping out the KM’s for the KO’s (285/70)
Do any of you that did the same setup have before and after pics?
thanks!

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2015 Grand Cherokee, 2006 TJ, 2008 Bullitt, 2006 Cayman S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the teraflex 1.5” spacer lift for my 18 MOAB. I plan on swapping out the KM’s for the KO’s (285/70)
Do any of you that did the same setup have before and after pics?
thanks!
I have the AEV 2" spacer lift (similar to a teraflex 1.5") and swapped out the KM's for the KO's (285/70). I couldn't be happier. It's a nice lift, no rubbing and a great stance. I also swapped out the stock MOAB rims for a set of MOPAR beadlocks because the stock rims are too narrow for wider tires. (You can put a wider tire on the stock rims but it's not recommended). I figured the MOPAR rims were a nice upgrade, looked similar (Black) and stayed somewhat stock...

Regarding the rims; the beadlock rims come with a non functional simulated lock ring (silver) which can be painted in any color to match. I choose to leave mine for now as the silver provides a nice contrast. Painting them black or leaving them off, would make the rims appear more like the original MOAB rims. The actual functioning beadlock ring can be ordered separately as well.
20210906_122933.jpg

20210925_113849.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement

ATO4x4

Advertisement