MOAB Edition JL Club Thread

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I ran the KM2 for a short time they seemed fine. Another Jeeper wanted my black Moab wheels for his Rubicon and my sliders. Then I did some trading around and ended up with some KO2. My black Moab wheels looked great on his Stingray Rubicon and his Rubicon wheels look darn good on my Silver Moab. What color is your Moab?
I am driving a Firecracker Red JT Gladiator Sport S. I have a line on a set of JL Moab take-off wheels and tires from a member here than I'm strongly considering buying from him to use on my truck. However, I only ran the KM2 once, for about 3 days, and that was ten years ago. They were 245/75-16 and they did have a little mileage on them when I traded for them. They were so loud, and so rough, and had such poor traction that after 3 days I traded them off and swapped tires with yet another Jeeper. That was my only KM2 experience. I'm hoping that the LT-C version Jeep uses on the Moab are formulated a little differently. Hopefully they'll be quieter and have better traction. I've read every page of this thread today looking at all the opinions on the tires.
Sponsored

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
I am driving a Firecracker Red JT Gladiator Sport S. I have a line on a set of JL Moab take-off wheels and tires from a member here than I'm strongly considering buying from him to use on my truck. However, I only ran the KM2 once, for about 3 days, and that was ten years ago. They were 245/75-16 and they did have a little mileage on them when I traded for them. They were so loud, and so rough, and had such poor traction that after 3 days I traded them off and swapped tires with yet another Jeeper. That was my only KM2 experience. I'm hoping that the LT-C version Jeep uses on the Moab are formulated a little differently. Hopefully they'll be quieter and have better traction. I've read every page of this thread today looking at all the opinions on the tires.
That's one of the great things about this site. You can get a lot of helpful information and opinions too.
I've had 5 Jeeps and many 4x4 trucks so I expect tire noise. A guy bought my KM2 to put on a Chevy Colorado.
I will say the KM2 have some noise but not an issue for me. Just too much for my wifes daily driver. Never had a traction problem.
There are lots of opinions on these tires. There may be a whole thread dedicated to them. Lol.
Hope they work out for you. Good luck!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I ran them for 65k miles on my JK. They were louder, sure, but not unbearably so. The JL is quieter than the JK, so they would be a little easier to live with. They were good in the rain, and if snow was deep, they were ok, packed not so good. Off road, they were beasts, whether it be sand, mud, rocks, or dirt. They were also tough as nails.

If I had bought a Moab, I'd probably just keep them on there and wear them out, unless I was bent on getting a lift and larger tires. I think the Moabs actually look really good with that aggressive tread.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my Racor hoist up and running. Finally naked.

With the hoist, I can get the top completely off in a few mins. Built the PVC door storage solution and can get doors off in 10 mins.

It was WINDY as all get out that day and my wife said she's gonna limit when the Jeep is naked and she needs to be in it...LOL

Dahlia 2019-07-18-1.jpg

Dahlia 2019-07-18-2.jpg

Sponsored

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Took my MOAB from NY to Maine...this is at Acadia National Park, Cadillac Mountain.

IMG_0772.jpeg
I'm looking to order those same wheels. What size tire are you running? And what lift?

Rla1022

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Moab
I drove from Colorado to Lake Tahoe round trip for a vacation on the KM2s. Currently I run them at 35 so they usually hover around 37 warmed up. The PSI does get higher with longer highway drives. I think it’s fine. I’m coming from an Audi Q5 so it’s a little louder but not unbearable or anything. I am prolly gonna look at a set of rubicon rims and ko2 for winter though.
Totally agree. Went from Dallas to Arizona. 3500 miles. They were great.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Emptied the UPR catch can after about 1700miles look at the amount oil!

8054A0F7-0953-470C-BC2F-4D66BB0F3877.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
For all the Moab’s in the house!

I got a little inspired by you guys and gals and wired in some rear lights which I use to compensate for the useless reverse lights and also installed this cool tailgate table.

Loving this so far!

83A94C3A-9883-4CED-BEDB-7F987879E441.jpeg

EFBAA30F-F7D4-42C3-ADAC-400BC933570A.jpeg

DB6F5E5D-80B0-4604-B6BC-015F660DFB2B.jpeg

9A51B286-EF80-49C5-899C-39E15FC23637.jpeg

B02F38DB-3916-4F13-9BDE-1C7AA15B6871.jpeg

52C4D9F7-F0C1-41DA-AE1C-4443831A6320.jpeg

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I drove from Colorado to Lake Tahoe round trip for a vacation on the KM2s. Currently I run them at 35 so they usually hover around 37 warmed up. The PSI does get higher with longer highway drives. I think it’s fine. I’m coming from an Audi Q5 so it’s a little louder but not unbearable or anything. I am prolly gonna look at a set of rubicon rims and ko2 for winter though.
I ran the KM2 for a short time they seemed fine. Another Jeeper wanted my black Moab wheels for his Rubicon and my sliders. Then I did some trading around and ended up with some KO2. My black Moab wheels looked great on his Stingray Rubicon and his Rubicon wheels look darn good on my Silver Moab. What color is your Moab?
That's one of the great things about this site. You can get a lot of helpful information and opinions too.
I've had 5 Jeeps and many 4x4 trucks so I expect tire noise. A guy bought my KM2 to put on a Chevy Colorado.
I will say the KM2 have some noise but not an issue for me. Just too much for my wifes daily driver. Never had a traction problem.
There are lots of opinions on these tires. There may be a whole thread dedicated to them. Lol.
Hope they work out for you. Good luck!
I ran them for 65k miles on my JK. They were louder, sure, but not unbearably so. The JL is quieter than the JK, so they would be a little easier to live with. They were good in the rain, and if snow was deep, they were ok, packed not so good. Off road, they were beasts, whether it be sand, mud, rocks, or dirt. They were also tough as nails.

If I had bought a Moab, I'd probably just keep them on there and wear them out, unless I was bent on getting a lift and larger tires. I think the Moabs actually look really good with that aggressive tread.
So I ended up buying the set and put them on my JT. Initial impressions: They roll SMOOTH down the road at all speeds. They don't feel rough. They do feel more firm than my Milestar Patagonias. The rain traction is surprisingly good. They are loud as hell. They HOWL and as the speedo needle climbs the howling gets louder. They're heavy checking in at nearly 50 lbs. each, a good 15 lbs. more than the standard Sport/Overland/Sahara tires. Overall they're not bad. Nice and smooth, good traction, you just gotta' be able to ignore the noise.

Put my Patagonia M/Ts back on last night just for comparison and they continue to surprise me how quiet they are relative to their aggressiveness.

I think the KM2s are probably a great tire for the enthusiast but Jeep probably shouldn't have used them on a somewhat mass-produced model for the average citizen. The Falken would have likely been a better choice. But again, the KM2s aren't terrible. I was impressed with them overall.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I love the look of the current gen Moab wheels. When I find a set of takeoffs in my area I’m going to get them for my Sport. I’ll run the KM2’s if they come with them otherwise I will spring for a set of KM3’s.

Last edited:

Rla1022

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Moab
Got the production numbers from PLMCRZY
Punk’n’s only had 97 total produced. Pretty cool being 1 of 97, though looks like there are 3 of us in the forum. Numbers are below

2019 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED SAHARA w/Moab Edition - 4,244
Punk'n Metallic - 97

Only Bikini is less with 92 built with the Moab Edition.

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
Got the production numbers from PLMCRZY
Punk’n’s only had 97 total produced. Pretty cool being 1 of 97, though looks like there are 3 of us in the forum. Numbers are below

2019 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED SAHARA w/Moab Edition - 4,244
Punk'n Metallic - 97

Only Bikini is less with 92 built with the Moab Edition.
How many firecracker red?
Sponsored