First Name
Carl thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab 2017 challenge Scat pack 2010 zx 1400
Occupation
Chrysler transport(switcher)
Question,to those who own a moab,have you taken wheeling yet if so,how capable is it
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
You'll probably get more responses if you put this in the general forums.

I find my Sahara is pretty good on the trails as is. Put Mud Terrain tires and it will be even better... That's my take on the MOAB.

OP
OP

Cmt

First Name
Carl thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You'll probably get more responses if you put this in the general forums.

I find my Sahara is pretty good on the trails as is. Put Mud Terrain tires and it will be even better... That's my take on the MOAB.
T

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
You should define 'capable' a bit more. It's a better off-road capable vehicle than most of what's out there. Moab has a bit more capability than a Sport or Sahara in stock form (mainly due to tires) and those vehicles are very capable. How do you plan to use it? What, if any, mods would you make? Other than rock crawling the MOAB is a VERY capable vehicle.

OP
OP

Cmt

First Name
Carl thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You should define 'capable' a bit more. It's a better off-road capable vehicle than most of what's out there. Moab has a bit more capability than a Sport or Sahara in stock form (mainly due to tires) and those vehicles are very capable. How do you plan to use it? What, if any, mods would you make? Other than rock crawling the MOAB is a VERY capable vehicle.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cmt

First Name
Carl thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks for the reply,as of now it will remain stock and used as a dd,future plans would be larger tires and probably a lift further down the road,as for capability I was hoping someone out here could tell me if they had done some off-roading with their Moab,how radical they got,and how it handled the punishment

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Better question...how is your off road capability?

A good majority of a jeeps capability is determined by the drivers skill lvl.

Get it out and see what it can do.

Whyen your skill lvl surpasses the jeeps capability, then you begin the upgrading.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Better question...how is your off road capability?

A good majority of a jeeps capability is determined by the drivers skill lvl.

Get it out and see what it can do.

Whyen your skill lvl surpasses the jeeps capability, then you begin the upgrading.
Mall crawling :like: those speed bumps are vicious

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Question,to those who own a moab,have you taken wheeling yet if so,how capable is it
No "off-roading" per se for me yet, but I've found a few things to drive over/through and haven't had any problems. I will say it was awesome in snow - had no problems getting through like 8-10" of fresh snow in 4H Auto. A little sketchy on smooth ice with the KM2 factory tires though.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Moabs are named for the place you’ll most likely see them, but it’s not Moab, it’s an acronym. Mostly On A Boulevard ;)

Seriously if you don’t NEED lockers or sway bar disconnect, or the Rubi transfer case, it’s as capable as any Sport or Sahara with proper tires and driving skills.

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
@Cmt - you just got your first introduction to some of the MOAB haters on the forum. They have the mentality that if it isn't a Rubicon, it's the equivalent of a Toyota Prius. Just learn to ignore them. They get their jollies by making fun of MOAB's because they're jealous of the name and the fact that it's the most expensive stock Wrangler JLU offered by FCA.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
They get their jollies by making fun of MOAB's because they're jealous of the name and the fact that it's the most expensive stock Wrangler JLU offered by FCA.
It’s because in terms of automotive hierarchy, it just doesn’t make sense.

What would people think if FCA had priced the 707 hp Hellcat over $10k cheaper than the 485 hp Scat Pak?

Mass confusion, just like Moab.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
you just got your first introduction to some of the MOAB haters on the forum. They have the mentality that if it isn't a Rubicon, it's the equivalent of a Toyota Prius. Just learn to ignore them. They get their jollies by making fun of MOAB's because they're jealous of the name and the fact that it's the most expensive stock Wrangler JLU offered by FCA.
Must have missed those posts... the ones on mall crawling were made by Sport owners (of whom I hold in utmost respect ;) Poking fun at MOAB's is pretty common place but it's (mostly) in good fun. Granted there are a few with Rubicon blinders on but (like you said) ignore them.

I for one like the MOAB package and had it NOT been more expensive than my Rubi I might have gone that way... although lockers and the electronic sway bar disconnect were high on my list of priorities.

For a majority of owners you buy what you like... not what you need (since EVERY Jeep can do more than what most ask of them). If MOAB checks your boxes then that's the best for you.
Sponsored