Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone think of a reason I couldn’t run a synergy tie rod with steer smart drag link? I can’t see any issues but wanna make sure I’m not missing anything.
I can get a deal from my 4x4 shop on these parts. My ocd is going to have a field day with this one...:facepalm:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone think of a reason I couldn’t run a synergy tie rod with steer smart drag link? I can’t see any issues but wanna make sure I’m not missing anything.
I can get a deal from my 4x4 shop on these parts. My ocd is going to have a field day with this one...:facepalm:
I have the full Yeti steering and track bar kit on my Rubi. The adjustment clamps are loose and can all be clocked to where they clear their surroundings. My drag link clamp bolts face forward and those on the tie rod face down. At least for me, that combo seems to work. The clamps on my Synergy rear track bar and control arms are welded in the bottom position, so I would assume it's the same on their tie rod. If it is, you should be good to go with that combo.

As far as the OCD, that I can relate to, is the savings good enough to keep the voices quiet?

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have the full Yeti steering and track bar kit on my Rubi. The adjustment clamps are loose and can all be clocked to where they clear their surroundings. My drag link clamp bolts face forward and those on the tie rod face down. At least for me, that combo seems to work. The clamps on my Synergy rear track bar and control arms are welded in the bottom position, so I would assume it's the same on their tie rod. If it is, you should be good to go with that combo.

As far as the OCD, that I can relate to, is the savings good enough to keep the voices quiet?
Lol..... yeah I think so, getting both for the price of one.... I’ll argue with myself for that.....:)

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I swapped out my rancho track bar for a synergy so everything matches. The synergy one wasn’t even available when I got the rancho. That OCD is expensive.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roky, did you have any issues making this fit? I may have already asked you. I'm trying really hard not to care whether everything matches. But clearance wise, does it all work together? Do you have your stabilizer mounted on the tie rod? I think that has me most concerned.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Roky, did you have any issues making this fit? I may have already asked you. I'm trying really hard not to care whether everything matches. But clearance wise, does it all work together? Do you have your stabilizer mounted on the tie rod? I think that has me most concerned.
Yes.... everything plays nicely together, no issues at all. .... here’s pic.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mixed parts 57125068-BC3E-497C-907B-1E003D2B10FF

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes.... everything plays nicely together, no issues at all. .... here’s pic.
You think you'll swap the tie rod at any point in the future or no? You like the handling?

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You think you'll swap the tie rod at any point in the future or no? You like the handling?
I’m gonna leave it like this, it’s kinda cool not having the cookie cutter set up.......lol. My ocd is keeping it’s mouth shut because of the near 500.00 savings.....:lipssealed:

And to be honest, my rig handles like a sports car, and I’m afraid to change anything. If something wears out or breaks I might change something, but I doubt it.

IMO, the tie rod is my favorite synergy part. Their control arms are ok, but I prefer the high clearance RK arms. And I’m not afraid of jam nuts, never once had one come loose or fail the way I do it. Their track bar , not a fan yet, maybe when they dial in the design a little better. I’m a synergy fan , don’t get me wrong, I’m loving the track bar/sector shaft brace once I got it dialed in. But I just prefer other brands on some things.......Again , this is what works the best for me, after 2 years of monkeying with everything.......:)

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m gonna leave it like this, it’s kinda cool not having the cookie cutter set up.......lol. My ocd is keeping it’s mouth shut because of the near 500.00 savings.....:lipssealed:

And to be honest, my rig handles like a sports car, and I’m afraid to change anything. If something wears out or breaks I might change something, but I doubt it.

IMO, the tie rod is my favorite synergy part. Their control arms are ok, but I prefer the high clearance RK arms. And I’m not afraid of jam nuts, never once had one come loose or fail the way I do it. Their track bar , not a fan yet, maybe when they dial in the design a little better. I’m a synergy fan , don’t get me wrong, I’m loving the track bar/sector shaft brace once I got it dialed in. But I just prefer other brands on some things.......Again , this is what works the best for me, after 2 years of monkeying with everything.......:)
Makes sense. I don't know why my brain thinks everything needs to match. I think I just assume like parts are designed to work together. Now I just want to fix what isn't right and then I'll go from there. I feel like every brand or design has its own stupid issues. I love the look of mine and it feels awesome 90% of the time. I'd love to swap my TB and then just get this dialed in but don't feel that is going to happen. Then I'm back to part shopping again.

OP
OP
Roky

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Makes sense. I don't know why my brain thinks everything needs to match. I think I just assume like parts are designed to work together. Now I just want to fix what isn't right and then I'll go from there. I feel like every brand or design has its own stupid issues. I love the look of mine and it feels awesome 90% of the time. I'd love to swap my TB and then just get this dialed in but don't feel that is going to happen. Then I'm back to part shopping again.
Have you considered just fixing what you got. I mean if synergy isn’t going to do anything for you. I think if I was in your situation and wasn’t getting any help or support from them I would just grind , prime and paint the track bar, to get it to clear and not squeak. I would take the sector shaft brace off and drill through the grease fitting hole through the brass bushing, (I doubt it will keep spinning), grease it up and reinstall it. Drive it for a while see how it does. This will save you some cash also. Then later when cobwebs clear out a bit plan my next op. But that’s just how I’m wired I guess, some will call this crazy I’m sure.........:)

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you considered just fixing what you got. I mean if synergy isn’t going to do anything for you. I think if I was in your situation and wasn’t getting any help or support from them I would just grind , prime and paint the track bar, to get it to clear and not squeak. I would take the sector shaft brace off and drill through the grease fitting hole through the brass bushing, (I doubt it will keep spinning), grease it up and reinstall it. Drive it for a while see how it does. This will save you some cash also. Then later when cobwebs clear out a bit plan my next op. But that’s just how I’m wired I guess, some will call this crazy I’m sure.........:)
You're not crazy. You're a smarter man than I.

I need someone to talk reason into me. I'll try to reassess my options without emotion and report back. ;)
Sponsored