Jdog.fl24

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon EcoDiesel
Well here my rant about my two experiences with Morris 4x4:

First experience Sept 2020, I live in Central Florida and I drove to the Morris 4x4 address on the website and google maps:

2031 SW 2nd St
Pompano Beach, FL 33069

I wanted support a local to Florida shop during Covid-19, look at actual bumpers and accessories, not just photos.

Three hour drive, no showroom, nothing. Called Morris4x4 customer service to see if they had recently moved or I missed the store front. The representative was in Ohio, oh sorry we closed that.

The address has now been updated on the website and google maps, but emails from Morris4x4 still have the Pompano Beach, Florida address.

Why list this address in emails when you don't have a store there?

Second experience Nov 2020, I placed three online orders on Nov 17, 2020 for two reasons (1) Black Friday discounts on LOD and (2) items were "IN STOCK”

When I received the order confirmations:
  • First order, $100 discount, LOD Destroyer full width rear bumper w/ tire carrier had delivery date of 11/30 to 12/02 , okay cool, item is shipping soon.
  • Second order, $100 discount, LOD Destroyer front stubby bumper and rear bumper accessories had shipping dates from 11/20-11/23 and 12/07-12/09, a little odd, different from first order shipping date versus delivery date, but okay updated because of the Black Friday Sale and Covid, takes time to process all the shipments.
  • Third order LOD camera and license plate relocation kit had shipping dates from 11/20-11/23 and 12/07-12/09, ok, same as second order, all times still ship by 12/9
Last night, 11/23/2020 expecting tracking numbers for the first items, I get two emails about shipments delayed until January 8, 2021:

The second order, three of the six items delayed until 1/8/2021, email didn't state what three items.

The third order, one of the two items delayed until 1/8/2021, don’t know which item, just 1 of the 2 delayed.

So were the items never IN STOCK?
LOD and Morris4x4 have a bad information between one another? I find this out a week later, but Morris4X4 charged my credit card immediately.

I called Morris 4x4 customer service, this morning, spoke to a very nice customer service representative, not their fault, always be nice to the employees, it is a job, not their company.

She called LOD to find out the status. 15 minutes later, she came back on and said strange, LOD has them in stock, I don’t know why they haven’t shipped. Give us 2 to 3 days business days to figure out your delivery dates, but could not say if it would be any earlier than January. Asked why my card was charged for items that may not ship until January? that is our policy.

So wait another week, with the holiday, trust Morris4x4, and wait until everyone else’s Black Friday Sales are over so we can lock you in to waiting until January….I don’t think so.

I cancelled the Morris4X4 orders and will be placing orders with Motorbilt, MetalCloak and Next Venture today.

From now on I will work directly with the shops that have their own inventory and the Jeep community in mind. Why not LOD, no sale prices and bad choice of partnership with Morris4x4.

Never again with Morris4x4, an investment company owned e-commerce site that is worried about cashflow not customers.
UPDATE- LOD just called me when they found out from Morris4x4 about the cancelled order.
Apologized for Morris4x4 errors, said Morris is having internal issues including paying their vendors.

LOD offered same items that are in stock, with a complete 15% discount on all items and free hoodie and shirt.
Items ship Monday or Tuesday next week.
Credit Card gets charged when the items ship.
Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE- LOD just called me when they found out from Morris4x4 about the cancelled order.
Apologized for Morris4x4 errors, said Morris is having internal issues including paying their vendors.

LOD offered same items that are in stock, with a complete 15% discount on all items and free hoodie and shirt.
Items ship Monday or Tuesday next week.
Credit Card gets charged when the items ship.
Glad LOD is taking care of you. When I hear of a business not paying their vendors, I stay far away!

Yes, the best way is usually ordering straight from the manufacturer. Although my go to is @Northridge4x4 . Their website is pretty spot on with the items either being in-stock or approximate ship times if they're waiting on product from a manufacturer. They off a forum discount and their prices usually are cheaper than most places.

They have excellent pricing and customer service. I've recently placed several large orders. One item, Rock Krawler X Factor rear LCA's were out of stock and expected to ship within 30 days. Within a week of ordering, they shipped and will be delivered within 10 days of order placement. Another item I ordered, a Power Stop Z36 front and rear brake kit arrived in 2 separate boxes on two different days. The front kit was perfectly packaged and had all parts. The rear brake kit box had obviously sustained some damage (looked like it had broken open at some point during shipping) as there was a lot of extra tape around it. Upon opening the box, the rotors were not separated by cardboard and weren't wrapped in plastic (like the fronts). Not only was there damage to the rotor braking surfaces, the hardware bags were missing.

I emailed @Northridge4x4 with an explanation and photos of box and damaged rotors. They quickly contacted me and said they were contacting Power Stop for a replacement rear brake kit and will advise when they get the shipping information.

Never once has Northridge failed to ship items on time (when website showed in-stock) or gone over their estimated shipping date.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Well, I gave Morris plenty of chances before jumping on this post. I have to say that this has been my worst ordering experience of any sort.

I went on their website to order a Coverking Topliner. When I ordered this, the item said in stock. It was not until after I placed the order that I noticed the receipt showed it would be 2-3 weeks before I received the item. That was disappointing, but not much I could do about it at that point.

After waiting three weeks I called and they told me it was not their fault and that it would be to my house shortly. I did not receive the item until 12/3. When I drove up to my house, I immediately noticed that the box was destroyed!!! I called the customer service line and spoke to Luis Arias and sent him pictures of the box and explained that all I had was the topliner itself. Everything else had fallen out of the box, tape, edging, tools, etc. He told me he would rectify this with a full refund or ship a new one out, whichever I wanted. He said he would contact Coverking and get back to me that day.

Well, I never heard back from him! Then I called on 12/8 and was told that I had not spoken with anyone at Morris by the first agent and that there was nothing they could do!!! This was the first time that I had been called a liar by a company and also the first time that I asked to speak with a manager. I was then forwarded to Dean Geluz, before he could say much, I asked him for his email address and sent him the email correspondence that I with Luis. Dean said that Luis did not enter in any information at all and that is why nothing had been ordered, and again not their fault. Well, now I am two more weekends past getting to install this and Dean offers to send in a damaged claim form. I agree to do this to get the refund, but Dean calls me back within a few minutes and tells me that Coverking will immediately send out the replacement parts if I don't get the refund. Well, I again wait, losing two additional weekends to install this before it gets really cold here in Denver. After waiting until 12/18 and not getting the package, I send another email to Dean. He tells me it will be here on Monday 12/21. Well, package comes, and they only sent me the trim and tools, NO STICKY TAPE, this sticky tape is custom cut from what I can tell on youtube.

So, I email them again yesterday. They tell me sorry (and basically not their fault), you can send it back and we will refund you within a week or so. Two months of back and forth, and I am left without the liner and my only option is to re-order it and wait another month for a new one. No offer for a discount or the wasted time or to call CoverKing and get one expedited out to me. No thanks Morris, never again.

As mentioned elsewhere, this is a front for Autoanything. When you call the Morris website for customer service, you are just redirected to Autoanything...

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I've had good experiences with Morris 4x4, also had good experiences with auto anything as well.

Nola Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
First time shopping with Morris 4x4 and its looking like it will be my last! Ordered a bumper from them on March 24th because they had it $50 cheaper than I could find any where else. Says it would ship of same day. Received tracking details but didn't get picked up until the 26th, no problem. Tracking shows the bumper would be delivered on April 1st (April's fools day). Well I was the fool because nothing showed up that day or the day after, or the day after that. I reached out to Morris to get some information because UPS (the carrier they used) would not give me any info. Morris told me to wait until the following Friday and if the bumper does not arrive the would make a claim. The following Thursday I get a notification that the bumper is out for delivery. Awesome, so I thought. Package is delivered on April 8th but the contents inside the box was not a bumper! Rather, the bumper box was filled with rubber outdoor gutter diverters, about 12. I immediately reached out to Morris and explained the situation. Not putting the blame on anyone but its kind of clear to me what happened as the packed got "lost" for a week! They made a case and said they would get back to me. For two weeks now I have been getting the run around from Morris and nothing has been resolved. They have only reached out and asked for photos. As I type this I am on hold with them, trying to find out what is going on! I really wish I would have paid those extra $50 from a site I trust! Will keep you updated. :headbang:

Edit: New bumper finally received! It took some time but Morris 4x4 (Auto Anything) took care of it at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
First time shopping with Morris 4x4 and its looking like it will be my last! Ordered a bumper from them on March 24th because they had it $50 cheaper than I could find any where else. Says it would ship of same day. Received tracking details but didn't get picked up until the 26th, no problem. Tracking shows the bumper would be delivered on April 1st (April's fools day). Well I was the fool because nothing showed up that day or the day after, or the day after that. I reached out to Morris to get some information because UPS (the carrier they used) would not give me any info. Morris told me to wait until the following Friday and if the bumper does not arrive the would make a claim. The following Thursday I get a notification that the bumper is out for delivery. Awesome, so I thought. Package is delivered on April 8th but the contents inside the box was not a bumper! Rather, the bumper box was filled with rubber outdoor gutter diverters, about 12. I immediately reached out to Morris and explained the situation. Not putting the blame on anyone but its kind of clear to me what happened as the packed got "lost" for a week! They made a case and said they would get back to me. For two weeks now I have been getting the run around from Morris and nothing has been resolved. They have only reached out and asked for photos. As I type this I am on hold with them, trying to find out what is going on! I really wish I would have paid those extra $50 from a site I trust! Will keep you updated. :headbang:

Morris can't be blamed for UPS employee's stealing your bumper and replacing it with garbage. I despise UPS, they have stolen items I've ordered before, at least you got a box, they just outright stole my order.

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
Morris can't be blamed for UPS employee's stealing your bumper and replacing it with garbage. I despise UPS, they have stolen items I've ordered before, at least you got a box, they just outright stole my order.
It seems to me that Morris can certainly be blamed for not giving the attention this problem requires. The customer isn't the bad guy either. Morris should be working 24/7 to make this right!

JimmyD

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Ocean Blue 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Yet another thread of a adult acting like a child. Morris is good to go . Have you noticed the entire economy has shut down in most areas and this includes large warehouse. Making it troublesome to
Keep full staff on duty fulfilling orders. God forbid you don't get Yr stupid in er fender flares for your mall ninja build... get a grip
You don't belong on here ass hole !!!

jared37

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl wrangler
I just had a bad experience with them by buying some control arms. When the wrong ones were sent they expect me to pay for the return freight even though they admitted it was there mistake. Not so bad if I was in the USA but I'm not and the 160 to send back doesn't make it worth it

nurse_victoria

First Name
Victoria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLUR
Similar issue here!!! I ordered a Rock Krawler lift from Morris 4x4 on January 9th, got a shipping email that night that said it would ship by January 25. The next week I got an email saying it was backordered and would not ship until April 16th! I figured there was nothing I could do about this and just had to wait it out, now I'm questioning whether it was ever truly on backorder. Well, April 16th comes and nothing. I call, get the run around and they tell me if will ship by the following week. Well now it's May 7th... and nothing yet. Very frustrated.
Sponsored