Missing Stop/Start menu on Instrument cluster

plisken

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, BMW M5 E34
I noticed that despite the manual saying that there should be a Stop/Start menu on the Instrument Cluster display, mine doesn't seem to have this. Anyone else have this menu missing?

Jeep Wrangler JL Missing Stop/Start menu on Instrument cluster Screenshot_2021-07-05_15-51-58

My attention was only drawn to it as my Stop/Start is pretty intermittent as to whether or not it works and recently had the Service Stop/Start system warning.
Sponsored

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
It sounds as if your battery system may be going. From what I have read that is a sign that one of the batteries may need replacing. Have you gone to screen setup to see if that feature is enabled? Just some ideas to start with.

OP
OP
plisken

plisken

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sounds as if your battery system may be going. From what I have read that is a sign that one of the batteries may need replacing. Have you gone to screen setup to see if that feature is enabled? Just some ideas to start with.
Sure have and can't find the option to display it. Car is back at dealers, since Stop/Start Service light came on 2 days after I picked it up but they say they cant find anything wrong and apparently the menu item isn't on the Rubicon, which I'm struggling to believe.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Go the the options screen on the instrument cluster, just one up from the speedometer. Turn on the ESS page from the long list of nonsense screen options.

OP
OP
plisken

plisken

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go the the options screen on the instrument cluster, just one up from the speedometer. Turn on the ESS page from the long list of nonsense screen options.
Honestly, it's not there.

I'm thinking the fact it isn't there might well have something to do with the Stop/Start Service light coming on. Will see what the stealer says this afternoon...

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

FYI. Stop/Start cannot be hidden.

Jeep Wrangler JL Missing Stop/Start menu on Instrument cluster 1625593862713

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Well, that’s awfully strange.

OP
OP
plisken

plisken

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, that’s awfully strange.
Just picked her up from stealers there and they were quite evasive about it but maintain it's not there because it's a Rubicon... :facepalm:

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just picked her up from stealers there and they were quite evasive about it but maintain it's not there because it's a Rubicon... :facepalm:
Do you actually have Stop/Start (ESS)? Do you have the button on the center stack to disable it? The manual does state that the instrument cluster will show Stop/Start if the vehicle is equipped with it. Perhaps yours isn’t.

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
Sure have and can't find the option to display it. Car is back at dealers, since Stop/Start Service light came on 2 days after I picked it up but they say they cant find anything wrong and apparently the menu item isn't on the Rubicon, which I'm struggling to believe.
I have a rubicon and that start/stop is definitely there. I've seen it say start/stop disabled due to the air conditioner being on, or something like that. I have the 3.6L with the automatic and etorque.

If you're inclined, I would go check out another Rubicon at the dealer lot and see if that option is there.

Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I have a Rubicon 3.6L MT with start/stop. The only time it doesn't engage is if the AC is set to max or it hasn't cooled off enough yet. Do you have the button to disable it? You don't need to find that in the settings, it's right there on the instrument panel.
Jeep Wrangler JL Missing Stop/Start menu on Instrument cluster cluster

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Flat out BS. Go to any Rubicon on their lot and it will have ESS Start/Stop in the menu

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Flat out BS. Go to any Rubicon on their lot and it will have ESS Start/Stop in the menu
OP's location says UK. Perhaps the UK variant is different?

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
OP's location says UK. Perhaps the UK variant is different?
While that's possible I doubt it. UK has required start/stop systems longer than the US has, and his Jeep has it. It doesn't make sense to remove the status screen from the cluster because it's a higher end model. I'd look at others on the lot. Something just sounds fishy
Sponsored