Missing Hill Start Assist settings

ClaytonW

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2016 Lexus LX570
It looks that for some reasons, my JL Unlimited Rubicon is missing Hill Start Assist settings. It should be possible to enable/disable it on Safety & Driving Assistance screen, but it's simply not there. I contacted Customer Support, but they only confirmed that it should be there...

Anyone else with similar issues?

_JLUR_Safety&DrivingAssistance_screen.jpg
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
It looks that for some reasons, my JL Unlimited Rubicon is missing Hill Start Assist settings. It should be possible to enable/disable it on Safety & Driving Assistance screen, but it's simply not there. I contacted Customer Support, but they only confirmed that it should be there...

Anyone else with similar issues?

_JLUR_Safety&DrivingAssistance_screen.jpg
Isn't HSA only for manual transmissions? I don't have that setting either, don't need it for auto trans.

OP
OP
ClaytonW

ClaytonW

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It makes sense. But according the owners manual and also Jeep customer support, it should be there also for JLs with automatic transmissions. I tried to search that because when ESS is enabled and I am standing on a hill, my Jeep starts to go backwards while the engine is starting.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't HSA only for manual transmissions? I don't have that setting either, don't need it for auto trans.
My automatic JLUR has the HSA (with 2.0T).

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I FIGURED IT OUT!!! With FCW, there are too many options in that screen and no scroll bar on the side. Just turn the tune radio button to get it to scroll. :like:

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm, I learned something today! Makes sense with ESS like @ClaytonW said. So why are we missing that setting?
Stolen maybe? I really haven't a clue. Makes no sense. Or maybe it's there but they forgot to show the scroll bar? I really got nuthin to help on this...

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I FIGURED IT OUT!!! With FCW, there are too many options in that screen and no scroll bar on the side. Just turn the tune radio button to get it to scroll. :like:
Seriously I was just writing my previous post before this one popped up. I must be psychic (or psychotic... is there much difference between the two?)

OP
OP
ClaytonW

ClaytonW

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm, I learned something today! Makes sense with ESS like @ClaytonW said. So why are we missing that setting?
Edit: Sorry, I was late! Thanks to @robaw! While I was writing this post, he had the same idea and even come with a solution! Thank you!
------------
My idea is that when software developers had to add adaptive cruise control and PCS options (first two lines), they did not realize that all the options do not fit on the screen and they forgot to add scrollbars. Just a simple software bug. So it's there, just it's hidden and probably disabled.
Jeep customer support is researching this issue... So maybe, they will find a solution. They usually try to help. Even after 2 weeks, now I have my Offroad Pages app :)

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
You can also swipe the list using a finger, at least with the scroll option there i know that works.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ClaytonW

ClaytonW

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can also swipe the list using a finger, at least with the scroll option there i know that works.
This did not work for me. Probably without scrollbars on the screen, you cannot use swipe. But the Tune button works, confirmed! I switched my HSA on, maybe it helps :)

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, it defaults to off? That’s good, HSA always bothers me when I drive manual transmission cars with it. If I’m on a hill I EXPECT to roll back a little and when I don’t, it throws me off. I was planning on disabling it when I get my Jeep.

Now, if I lived somewhere like San Francisco I would probably want to get used to it!

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, it defaults to off? That’s good, HSA always bothers me when I drive manual transmission cars with it. If I’m on a hill I EXPECT to roll back a little and when I don’t, it throws me off. I was planning on disabling it when I get my Jeep.

Now, if I lived somewhere like San Francisco I would probably want to get used to it!
Well I just found the setting today and mine was already on...

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase

I thought I’d hate it too Multicam. I thought it was for amateurs but I grew to like it. Plus that little roll back is more work for your clutch

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
If I’m on a hill I EXPECT to roll back a little ...

Stopped on a hill, with manual transmission, I was taught to use the handbrake and let it off slowly as I applied throttle.
Sponsored