Missing ESS Battery……. WTH??????

KHR Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Wrangler
2022 Wrangler 2 Door…. About 5950 miles on her. Battery problems this last week so I posted the topic and decided I’m just going to replace both batteries tonight with O’Reilly batteries……… BUT THERE IS NO 2nd Battery!!!! What is going on????……… I did not even see any positive or negative cable hanging there or going to it…………………. UPDATED……… Go to post 55, Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

KHR Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Wrangler
This might be a silly question but do you know that the smaller 2nd battery is under the main battery and under a panel? It can't be seen from the top.
Not a silly question at all and thank you for your help. I watched a video about going through the fender well and getting to that plastic box that has three screws underneath where the small battery is supposed to be except it’s empty and there are no cables!

Sponsored

OP
OP

KHR Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Wrangler
Do you have the 3.6 etorque? It does not come with a second 12v battery.
Great answer but I do not think we have a E torque? What’s the best way to check if we do? Thanks!

OP
OP

KHR Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Wrangler
Is it a 3.6L with an automatic? If so it has etorque. There is a big 48v battery pack opposite the gas tank on the drivers side.
Yes, 3.6 with auto…………Going to crawl underneath the Jeep and see if I could see what you were talking about right now. I do not recall seeing a battery at all when installing the lift..

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Yes, 3.6 with auto…………Going to crawl underneath the Jeep and see if I could see what you were talking about right now. I do not recall seeing a battery at all when installing the lift..
It doesn't look like a battery, it's massive and covered by a skid plate. On a 4 door it looks like the fuel tank but half as long. If it doesn't have etorque there would be nothing but an exhaust pipe and resonator between the drive shaft and the frame on that side. I believe all 3.6's since '21 model year had etorque unless they were manuals.

Sponsored

OP
OP

KHR Racing

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Wrangler
but what about the battery problem you mentioned???
That starts a whole new problem. I guess tomorrow I’m going to load test the big battery that I removed out of the engine compartment and see if it comes up kind of Squirrley or not..
Sponsored