Jnrscaping

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara
Hey Ricky,

We'll have a better idea of the exact pricing closer to the pre-sale, but yes, the pre-sale pricing will be discounted significantly. Also, we have free shipping on orders over $100 in the continental U.S. (excl. AK and HI) ;)

Thanks!
-Steve
Hi Steve happy holidays. Any idea when the intake will be out...? I’ve been waiting as I want to do your intake the catch can Intercooler pipe blow off valve and tune all at once

Thanks for the response, look forward to a preordering soon! My JL needs more air to breath
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Hi Steve happy holidays. Any idea when the intake will be out...? I’ve been waiting as I want to do your intake the catch can Intercooler pipe blow off valve and tune all at once
Hi Robby,

The intake will be going on pre-sale shortly after the new year and should begin shipping in early February.

Hope you all have a great new year!

-Steve

Jnrscaping

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara
Hi Robby,

The intake will be going on pre-sale shortly after the new year and should begin shipping in early February.

-Steve
Ok thank you. Also question how does the go race bits GFB DV+ diverter valve differ from the turbo smart blow off valve? Will the gfb work with your intercooler pipe catch can and intake? How would all these things be affected by the Berger tune?

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Hi Robby,

-Steve
ANy chance you can release the preorder price for the forum members?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Ok thank you. Also question how does the go race bits GFB DV+ diverter valve differ from the turbo smart blow off valve? Will the gfb work with your intercooler pipe catch can and intake? How would all these things be affected by the Berger tune?
The GFB DV+ replaces a portion of the factory diverter valve and retains the OEM solenoid, while the TurboSmart valve replaces the entire unit. Both should give better response times and boost holding. GFB actually has a pretty good video on how it works and some of its benefits: . Either the GFB DV+ or the TS valve should work just fine with our ICP, intake, and catch can - you would need longer bolts for the GFB as outlined here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-0t-intercooler-pipe.30559/page-9#post-950313

I'm not sure what parameters the Berger tune changes, but it likely adjusts turbo wastegate/bypass valve duty cycle, ignition timing, and fueling to make more boost and more power. It's likely that with our better flowing intake and intercooler pipe, plus a better diverter valve, you'll get a little more power than what Berger advertises and should have an overall better driving experience. The catch can shouldn't be affected by a tune.

ANy chance you can release the preorder price for the forum members?
Looks like presale pricing will be $364.95. The presale should be starting next week, so keep an eye out. I should also be posting the last engineering post on the intake at the same time.

Thanks,
-Steve

Sponsored

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
The GFB DV+ replaces a portion of the factory diverter valve and retains the OEM solenoid, while the TurboSmart valve replaces the entire unit. Both should give better response times and boost holding. GFB actually has a pretty good video on how it works and some of its benefits: . Either the GFB DV+ or the TS valve should work just fine with our ICP, intake, and catch can - you would need longer bolts for the GFB as outlined here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-0t-intercooler-pipe.30559/page-9#post-950313

I'm not sure what parameters the Berger tune changes, but it likely adjusts turbo wastegate/bypass valve duty cycle, ignition timing, and fueling to make more boost and more power. It's likely that with our better flowing intake and intercooler pipe, plus a better diverter valve, you'll get a little more power than what Berger advertises and should have an overall better driving experience. The catch can shouldn't be affected by a tune.

Looks like presale pricing will be $364.95. The presale should be starting next week, so keep an eye out. I should also be posting the last engineering post on the intake at the same time.

Thanks,
-Steve
Steve, are you going to post on here when preorder window is open?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Hey everybody,

Good news: this intake is now on pre-sale! Click here to check it out on our site. I should have the final update for you all later this afternoon or early tomorrow morning.

MMAI-JLH-18_1.png

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
-Steve

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hey everybody,

Good news: this intake is now on pre-sale! Click here to check it out on our site. I should have the final update for you all later this afternoon or early tomorrow morning.

MMAI-JLH-18_1.png

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
-Steve
I like how it still uses the lower part of the stock air box. This should pair nicely with my rugged ridge snorkel

Sponsored

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Awesome!! I've literally been checking this thread multiple times a day for the past two weeks :)

Any dyno updates to share?
I wanna know how this would dyno with the snorkel attached also. I’ve been reading about how when roam dyno’d their snorkel the 2.0 actually gained some horsepower due to pulling in cooler air from outside. This combined with a better flowing intake could make a big difference.

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
the snorkel preorder wait is killing me! Been waiting for it since they had it at SEMA last year.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
the snorkel preorder wait is killing me! Been waiting for it since they had it at SEMA last year.
Makes sense. With the JB4 logging you can see that the charge temps are the limit to a lot more power. The Alfa guys also confirm the same.

Anything to lower the charge temp would help, and sucking in outside cool air would help to some degree (cooler air into the turbo means cooler air out of the turbo).

The other thing we need is a better intercooler to really unlock more power. As it's liquid to air and in the intake it's not the easiest thing to improve.

The other option is methanol injection to get the charge temps down.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Hey everybody,

Check out the last update below. Unfortunately, still no powers gains with just the intake, but we did free up some more flow that should help with a tune and our intercooler pipe ;)

Thanks for reading and hanging in there while we worked our way through R&D, I know it was a long one. We're looking forward to hearing what everybody thinks.

Thanks again,
-Steve

As Ye tightened the last bolt on our intake production sample, we breathed a sigh of relief. Over a year of painstaking R&D came to a close with that bolt.

In all our years designing intakes, few have been as complex or demanding as our 2018+ Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0L intake. We’ve fought check engine lights, tested more variations than we could have imagined, and learned a lot along the way. But the time is finally here to see the product of our efforts in its final form.
JL-18-Intake_Camera_Default-Camera-3.jpg

Shortly after we finished our final design from the last post, we began production on a sample to test fit. This test fit is the final (and often the most crucial) step in the R&D process. It tells us if our design will work in the real world with repeatable results. With the exacting standards of the 2.0L Hurricane’s monitoring systems, any changes at this step could set the project back months. Ye anxiously unpacked our production sample and prepared it for test fitting. The intake certainly looked good, but we couldn’t be sure if it would fit or function until we installed it on our JL.

MG_9744.jpg
One part of the intake that we were especially concerned with was the EVAP manifold attached to the airbox lid. From the outside, this block looks like a simple vacuum manifold. Two lines go in and one provides them with vacuum from the intake tube. But, much like the resonator, its function is much more complex.

...Continue Reading>>>
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.