First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
No need to argue...... We each have our objectives, out objective was exceeded with this tune, we are MORE than satisfied with the results as it is not a performance tune for HP gain purposes...It just removes all restrictions the factory had put in place with the catalytic converter which we eliminated with our custom 3" down-pipe from MagnaFlow and our performance air-intake from A.F.E. Power.... We are EXTREMELY satisfied with the tune.......
I'm not arguing, I am just saying without testing it is not tuning. It is someone recalibrating the ECU and crossing fingers you stumble across the optimal settings.
Sponsored

JL-Rubicon-Haiti

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Jeep Wrangler YJ, 1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ-Scrambler Turbo Diesel, 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I'm not arguing, I am just saying without testing it is not tuning. It is someone recalibrating the ECU and crossing fingers you stumble across the optimal settings.
I disagree with you.... The test is the results....we are EXTREMELY satisfied with the results.... and we do NOT have any check engine light even though we eliminated the catalytic converter completely... The ECU tune for "us" and what we wanted to achieve with this setup works to perfection.... And this tune was developed by a MASTER tuner in Italy where this engine is from "Fiat/Alpha Romeo" We smoke any stock wrangler with our 37" tires right off the line....The bottom end power and torque is AMAZING....I do wish we had a dyno in Haiti so we could but the CME-Rubicon on a dyno just to post the results online....I am also curious to see what exact gains make this so much more fun to drive than a stock model one with regular tires.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
How are you testing to know if you actually have improved results.

JL-Rubicon-Haiti

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Jeep Wrangler YJ, 1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ-Scrambler Turbo Diesel, 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
How are you testing to know if you actually have improved results.
By driving the car.....for me the ONLY test that counts as I know what we had stock...I know the modifications we made with the 37" tires; and the vehicle has more torque and bottom end power....How much that I can`t tell you, but good enough for me to notice and be more than satisfied with the results, that is what matters to me......The results while driving .....NOT the dyno numbers to justify the TUNE in HP gains......Like I said everyone has their objectives when they do a modification.....We exceeded our expectations with this setup and we are extremely impressed what this 2.0L 4 Cylinder engine is able to give us with so little and with 37" tires....For Haiti, this is GREAT, and the sound is also very impressive as well..... Again this is me stating my opinion for this build for a very specific market in Haiti..... I agree with everything stated, just NOT for this build as the objective was different...

Jnrscaping

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara
No need to argue...... We each have our objectives, our objective was exceeded with this tune, we are MORE than satisfied with the results as it is not a performance tune for HP gain purposes...It just removes all restrictions the factory had put in place with the catalytic converter which we eliminated with our custom 3" down-pipe from MagnaFlow and our performance air-intake from A.F.E. Power.... We are EXTREMELY satisfied with the tune.......
Understood; and like you said people
Have different objectives. I wasn’t trying to stir the pot I was just curious bc I know a bunch of us are itching to crack the ECU and so far it seems you are the only one to have done it successfully. Who did the tuning work for you guys...?

Sponsored

JL-Rubicon-Haiti

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Understood; and like you said people
Have different objectives. I wasn’t trying to stir the pot I was just curious bc I know a bunch of us are itching to crack the ECU and so far it seems you are the only one to have done it successfully. Who did the tuning work for you guys...?
I love feedback and constructive criticism I appreciate all comments as I am always willing to learn..... I WISH we had access to a dyno, as I would also LOVE to post the before and after results in real "numbers" .....Unfortunately in the entire island of Haiti there is NOT a single dyno machine........LOL I am happy in my ignorance as well.....LOL Maybe if I knew the HP and torque gains were only 5% while driving it seems like 30% gains, then I would NOT be happy....LOL But I have to tell you compared to a stock wrangler .....This one is a world of a difference, even the transmission shifts improved....I am very very satisfied.

We are working on having the OBD-II tune for the ECU, we have NOT cracked that yet, we were only able to "jail-break" the ECU by opening it up on a bench, something I never like to do so we purchased a new ECU, programmed it, and installed it on the CME-Rubicon, and then we sent the original ECU to Italy where the "cracked" it, and the company we work with Tuned2Race developed the tune for us, and send the file to the guys who opened up the ECU to program the new TUNE...... I can tell you it was done be the top guys who actually make the tuning tools in Italy.... I was willing to take the chance as we always had a back up programmed stock ECU for the Jeep..... We got lucky that all turned out great at the end as as you said it is the 1st time it`s been done.

Last edited:

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
FWIW: With DBW and a wideband o2, it is possible to tune properly without a dyno. This is common in the S2000 community, and I suspect that it will become the primary method for most cars since DBW is becoming so standardized.

Basically, you load a bunch of different tunes that have WOT target a specific MAP value (or was it throttle angle?), and datalog multiple WOT pulls. The data can then be aggregated to get an accurate VE table.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
FWIW: With DBW and a wideband o2, it is possible to tune properly without a dyno. This is common in the S2000 community, and I suspect that it will become the primary method for most cars since DBW is becoming so standardized.

Basically, you load a bunch of different tunes that have WOT target a specific MAP value (or was it throttle angle?), and datalog multiple WOT pulls. The data can then be aggregated to get an accurate VE table.
Yes as I mentioned you can overcome no dyno by driving on the street. It's just tough to do a lot of WOT runs on the street as eventually the PoPo will shut you down :stop: unless you have a controlled environment to test in.

In fact most of the tuners who really specialize in high performance street cars get WOT dialed in on a dyno, and follow that with a bunch of street time with logging to get the drivability dialed in in different scenarios.

I think FAST also had an aftermarket ECU that would self-program with some initial targets and a wide band 02 sensor. Here's a link where they talk about the self learning capabilities. .https://www.fuelairspark.com/xfitm-electronic-fuel-injection-kit-ford-351-windsor-up-to-550hp.html

Jnrscaping

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara
I love feedback and constructive criticism I appreciate all comments as I am always willing to learn..... I WISH we had access to a dyno, as I would also LOVE to post the before and after results in real "numbers" .....Unfortunately in the entire island of Haiti there is NOT a single dyno machine........LOL I am happy in my ignorance as well.....LOL Maybe if I knew the HP and torque gains were only 5% while driving it seems like 30% gains, then I would NOT be happy....LOL But I have to tell you compared to a stock wrangler .....This one is a world of a difference, even the transmission shifts improved....I am very very satisfied.

We are working on having the OBD-II tune for the ECU, we have NOT cracked that yet, we were only able to "jail-break" the ECU by opening it up on a bench, something I never like to do so we purchased a new ECU, programmed it, and installed it on the CME-Rubicon, and then we sent the original ECU to Italy where the "cracked" it, and the company we work with Tuned2Race developed the tune for us, and send the file to the guys who opened up the ECU to program the new TUNE...... I can tell you it was done be the top guys who actually make the tuning tools in Italy.... I was willing to take the chance as we always had a back up programmed stock ECU for the Jeep..... We got lucky that all turned out great at the end as as you said it is the 1st time it`s been done.
Ok that’s good to know. Where is tune 2 race located? I would like to get in touch with them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
This is one of my most anticipated mods..and the thread has now slipped to page 2 of the 2.0l turbo forum *gasp* :D
@Mishimoto any updates to share?
Sorry for being MIA! We've been swamped with Black Friday/Cyber Monday prep since the beginning of November. Everything is still moving along with the intake and I do have updates for you guys that should be up in the next week or so. Right now, the pre-sale is scheduled to start in Mid-January, so no intakes for Christmas, unfortunately :(

Thanks,
-Steve

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Sorry for being MIA! We've been swamped with Black Friday/Cyber Monday prep since the beginning of November. Everything is still moving along with the intake and I do have updates for you guys that should be up in the next week or so. Right now, the pre-sale is scheduled to start in Mid-January, so no intakes for Christmas, unfortunately :(

Thanks,
-Steve

Hi, how much is presale cost we looking at shipped? Any discounts on preorders or forum members

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Hi, how much is presale cost we looking at shipped? Any discounts on preorders or forum members
Hey Ricky,

We'll have a better idea of the exact pricing closer to the pre-sale, but yes, the pre-sale pricing will be discounted significantly. Also, we have free shipping on orders over $100 in the continental U.S. (excl. AK and HI) ;)

Thanks!
-Steve

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Hey Ricky,

We'll have a better idea of the exact pricing closer to the pre-sale, but yes, the pre-sale pricing will be discounted significantly. Also, we have free shipping on orders over $100 in the continental U.S. (excl. AK and HI) ;)

Thanks!
-Steve
Thanks for the response, look forward to a preordering soon! My JL needs more air to breath
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.