Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
For what’s its worth I’ve got about 1500 miles on since the S&B and no codes thrown. It’s also made it through the dealer for three PCM updates and free oil change and no pushback.
Well that's good to know.

What dealer have you been using?
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Adams in Annapolis. Not the most organized shop but service seems good so far.

They knew my JL took 5 quarts of oil without having to tell them which is better than most.

Last edited:

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Adams in Annapolis. Not the most organized shop but service seems good so far.

They knew my JL took 5 liters of oil without having to tell them which is better than most.
Tate in Glen Burnie quoted me $125 to reflash the PCM for the increased tire size........ Adam's quoted me $250 and I called them out on it.

I'm going to call Ourisman in either Clarksville or their Bowie location

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Tate in Glen Burnie quoted me $125 to reflash the PCM for the increased tire size........ Adam's quoted me $250 and I called them out on it.

I'm going to call Ourisman in either Clarksville or their Bowie location
Only have had them do warranty stuff and free oil changes. Will find somewhere else for paid work.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Steve, has the R&D department had problems with the evap system while testing the intake?

I'm getting occational CEL code P1CEA - "Boost Side EVAP Purge System Performance". The first time was about 400 miles after I added the intake and again yesterday now about 1000 miles later.
Hey Jeremy,

We did not have that code through any of our catch can testing, but our JL did throw that code with the intake - we have since fixed the cause :)

The catch can does not connect in any way to the EVAP system, but the intake connects directly to the EVAP purge solenoid. My recommendation would be to try the stock intake and see if the code comes back.

Thanks and hope you get it figured out!
-Steve

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Thinking this through a bit we are only about 50 miles separated and both in similar environmental conditions. Both stuck in the hellish traffic that is DC/Baltimore and high temp and humidity. We both did the mod around the same time as well.

The difference is I did do the battery disconnect during the mod; you did the trick by not undoing the manifold temp sensor to prevent an error being thrown.

Have you pulled the battery since the intake swap? Perhaps doing a full systems reboot is needed so any "learning" is forgotten and you start with the factory baselines again. I know after the battery pull my Jeep drove very different for a couple days as it relearned my patterns.

I am purposely holding off the catch can for a few more hundred miles just to get 2500 on since the intake to make sure codes stay clean.

It also caused the "trigger" for one of the PCM updates I needed -- blue screen on backup camera from infotainment boot problems. PCM update sorted that one out.

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Any closer to production on these??? I’m dying to get an intake on my Jeep!!!

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Any closer to production on these??? I’m dying to get an intake on my Jeep!!!
We are steadily moving forward! We've been finalizing parts of the design and I should have an update for you at the end of the month!

Thanks,
-Steve

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah if I can't get this S&B sorted out I'll be inline for your intake Steve.

Tentative ETA?

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
BTW, I just disconnected the battery to see if a reset will actually help. More to follow

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
BTW, I just disconnected the battery to see if a reset will actually help. More to follow
Hey Minty,

Installed the Mishi oil catch finally at 4900 miles (2100 miles with the CAI in place and no CEL). I followed the instructions and did disconnect the IAT sensor to remove the CAI (but not disconnect the battery).

After putting it all back together and a 10 minute test drive and another inspection we headed into Baltimore to meet some friends for brunch. About 20 minutes into the drive the check engine light came on. I pulled over and all hoses and such were as expected, so checked oil level and oil pressure, and decided to continue as nothing obvious.

Got back home a few hours later and double checked everything again and no issues. Reset the code. Went for a drive and check engine came back on within 10 minutes. Reset the code and disconnected battery for 5 minutes. Now with 2 test drives on it since battery disconnect and still no check engine light.

I also cleaned out the factory line that gets removed with the oil can install and it was bone dry (as in a white paper towel showed zero oil residue) after 4900 miles so not sure how much oil is really going to be collected in the catch can. If the CEL come back next step is to remove the catch can to get back to "known good" configuration.

Let me know how it goes as it seems we're both CEL chasing now with similar setups.

Last edited:

mtnbikeracer76

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Cherokee , 2008 HHR SS
Occupation
Warehouse
We're in New Castle, DE (just south of Wilmington), about 1 hr 40 min from Bath.

Air-to-water intercoolers are pretty cool and becoming the norm for a lot of vehicles. They're efficiency lets manufacturers fit them into smaller packages so they work really well for compact sports cars and trucks with limited space for cooling.

Thanks!

-Steve
You guys are only about a 40 min drive from Rising Sun, MD. Definitely going to keep you in mind once I get my JLUR

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Yeah if I can't get this S&B sorted out I'll be inline for your intake Steve.

Tentative ETA?
We're still a ways out unfortunately, shipping won't start until at least mid-December.

@oceanblue2019 Were you getting the same P1CEA "EVAP Purge System Performance" code after you installed the catch can?

Thanks,
-Steve

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
We're still a ways out unfortunately, shipping won't start until at least mid-December.

@oceanblue2019 Were you getting the same P1CEA "EVAP Purge System Performance" code after you installed the catch can?

Thanks,
-Steve
Yes same code. Did not receive it prior with 2100 miles on the S&B CAI. But had it within maybe 30 mins of driving once the oil can installed.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Yes same code. Did not receive it prior with 2100 miles on the S&B CAI. But had it within maybe 30 mins of driving once the oil can installed.
So the CEL came on over the weekend, so based on @oceanblue2019 recommendation, I cleared the code (as I have done before) and pulled the NEG battery terminal.

So far no new CEL light, but I've only gone about 100 miles since the reset. So time will tell.

On this coming Friday I have an appointment to have the tire size refleshed, oil change and have any updates done.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.