Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Hey everybody,

Check out the last update below. Unfortunately, still no powers gains with just the intake, but we did free up some more flow that should help with a tune and our intercooler pipe ;)

Thanks for reading and hanging in there while we worked our way through R&D, I know it was a long one. We're looking forward to hearing what everybody thinks.

Thanks again,
-Steve
Would this airbox be compatible with attachments such as the Rugged Ridge snorkel?

EDIT: Guess not since I see there is a "slit" opening on the side of the airbox.
Sponsored

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Would this airbox be compatible with attachments such as the Rugged Ridge snorkel?

EDIT: Guess not since I see there is a "slit" opening on the side of the airbox.
looking at the picture of the intake, it should work with the rugged ridge snorkel. The snorkel only requires you to modify the air box intake which is located on the lower half. The Mishimoto intake replaces the top half. Other than the opening for the filter and tube, I don’t see any other openings on the setup.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
looking at the picture of the intake, it should work with the rugged ridge snorkel. The snorkel only requires you to modify the air box intake which is located on the lower half. The Mishimoto intake replaces the top half. Other than the opening for the filter and tube, I don’t see any other openings on the setup.
I'm talking about this, my stock airbox doesn't have this opening.
While it probably wouldn't prevent the install of the snorkel. It might defeat the purpose.

222.JPG

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'm talking about this, my stock airbox doesn't have this opening.
While it probably wouldn't prevent the install of the snorkel. It might defeat the purpose.

222.JPG
I see that now, good catch! Yeah I could definitely see that defeating the snorkel.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
It will be August before I have room in my budget for this, but be sure, you will get my order.

Thanks!

Sponsored

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 2.0t, 22 Volvo XC60 T8 ER, 06 Audi A3
I see that now, good catch! Yeah I could definitely see that defeating the snorkel.
Seems like it wouldn’t be too hard to seal that up a bit...making or 3D printing some kind of plug would be my first idea...if you really wanted to have both

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Seems like it wouldn’t be too hard to seal that up a bit...making or 3D printing some kind of plug would be my first idea...if you really wanted to have both
yeah It could be plugged up. I was all set to order it but now I’m having second thoughts. Not sure what I wanna do yet.

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Hey everybody,

Good news: this intake is now on pre-sale! Click here to check it out on our site. I should have the final update for you all later this afternoon or early tomorrow morning.

MMAI-JLH-18_1.png

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
-Steve
Steve,

I just ordered the intake with the oiled filter. Do you guys offer a prefilter or sock for when I go out to dusty environment?

thanks
Cohan

xEDGEx

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR 2.0L Turbo
Hey everybody,

Check out the last update below. Unfortunately, still no powers gains with just the intake, but we did free up some more flow that should help with a tune and our intercooler pipe ;)

Thanks for reading and hanging in there while we worked our way through R&D, I know it was a long one. We're looking forward to hearing what everybody thinks.

Thanks again,
-Steve
Hi Steve!

A couple questions for ya..

Will you guys be offering standalone filters after the intake is released, in case we'd like to get a new one or change styles down the road?

Was there any difference in flow and/or performance between the dry and oiled filters in testing?

Can you comment on any change in sound with the intake installed? When I put an intake on my previous vehicle, there was a noticeable improvement (granted it was a totally different platform - Nissan Xterra V6).. just curious of what to expect :)

I know you mention no power gains were seen, what can we expect if we're not running a tune? Is it primarily overall faster throttle response/acceleration?

Thank you!

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
yeah It could be plugged up. I was all set to order it but now I’m having second thoughts. Not sure what I wanna do yet.
We will have a closed airbox lid for use with snorkels, but it may not be available for a few weeks after these ship. We're sending them out free of charge (shipping charges may apply outside the lower 48 states). To order, just call or email our customer service team and let them know you need part number MM2336-02 to use a snorkel with your Mishimoto intake.

It's also worth noting that the hole in our airbox lid does free up a little bit of flow and is above the stock water fording line. If you plan on going through water deeper than the factory-advised limit, you'll likely need to seal up other components as well.

Steve,

I just ordered the intake with the oiled filter. Do you guys offer a prefilter or sock for when I go out to dusty environment?

thanks
Cohan
Hey Cohan,

We don't offer a pre-filter for this intake right now but I will definitely pass the idea on to the team. In the meantime, this pre-filter, or one like it might work: https://filterwears.com/products/fi...2&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign

Our filter is about 7" L x 10" H x 5" W, so any that can fit a filter around that size should work.

Hi Steve!

A couple questions for ya..

Will you guys be offering standalone filters after the intake is released, in case we'd like to get a new one or change styles down the road?

Was there any difference in flow and/or performance between the dry and oiled filters in testing?

Can you comment on any change in sound with the intake installed? When I put an intake on my previous vehicle, there was a noticeable improvement (granted it was a totally different platform - Nissan Xterra V6).. just curious of what to expect :)

I know you mention no power gains were seen, what can we expect if we're not running a tune? Is it primarily overall faster throttle response/acceleration?

Thank you!
Hey Eric,

We will be offering both the oiled and dry washable filters as standalone components, they should be up on the site shortly.

There was a difference in flow between the dry and oiled filters. The oiled filter flows about 10% better than the dry filter (29% better than stock VS the oiled filter at 39% better than stock).

The intake does make a little bit more noise than the stock intake, not quite as much. @Minty JL has been running the intake for a while now so he can comment on how the intake feels on the butt-dyno. A tune + supporting mods (like our intake and intercooler pipe) is definitely going to be the best bet for improving driving experience.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
-Steve

Sponsored

JesseRohr

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Great looking piece guys. I am assuming this is a completely rotomolded unit? Should do excellent in durability and heat expulsion.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
You guys just made my day @Mishimoto ill probably place my preorder tomorrow
Awesome, thanks! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Great looking piece guys. I am assuming this is a completely rotomolded unit? Should do excellent in durability and heat expulsion.
Thank you! Yup, all rotomolded except for the aluminum EVAP venturi on the airbox and a small sensor port that's also aluminum for durability when installing and removing the sensor.

Thanks again!
-Steve

emoody007

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0 Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
@Mishimoto So I plan on doing the Rugged Ridge snorkel at some point. Should I wait until after pre-order to buy or is there a way to note on my order to send the unit with the Sealed Lid option?
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.