Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I'm running it with a JB4 set to +5psi over stock tapering to 3psi at redline (map2) and it's been great. I installed the jb4 originally without the DV+ so I could baseline and the DV+ definitely improved the boost response. In the log below the boost dip on the shift is much reduced with the DV+ over stock. Note you can see the boost taper as that's programmed, and not the BOV leaking at higher levels.

I've got your IC tube on order as that should help a bit and also allow a good mounting location for when I cross into methanol injection as charge temps are current barrier to more power with the factory intercooler. Perhaps you make a replacement IC at some point in time - I see you offer one for the powerstrokes....

The 2.0L is a real beast with this tune, a ton more mid range torque and a lot of fun to drive.
]
Very nice. I'm glad to see tunes coming out for the 2.0L, FCA definitely left a lot on the table for power with the stock programming.

On the thread of the intercooler, what kind of charge air temps are you seeing? As I'm sure you know, the intercooler is built into the intake manifold. It is removable, but we figured it would be tough to make it much better without adding an additional charge air cooler and piping. It might be something we take a second look at if a lot of people start hitting that wall. Methanol injection is a good work around though.

Cannot wait to get a spot in my budget to order this. Thank you again!!

-Jeff
Thank you, Jeff! It's great to see so many people excited for it!

-Steve
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Very nice. I'm glad to see tunes coming out for the 2.0L, FCA definitely left a lot on the table for power with the stock programming.

On the thread of the intercooler, what kind of charge air temps are you seeing? As I'm sure you know, the intercooler is built into the intake manifold. It is removable, but we figured it would be tough to make it much better without adding an additional charge air cooler and piping. It might be something we take a second look at if a lot of people start hitting that wall. Methanol injection is a good work around though.

-Steve
I can't give you absolutes as that is still a "scaled" value that is being worked on to get absolute values - the last piece of the CANbus they work to crack.

The Alfa 2.0L folks are ahead of us but also stuck up against the intercooler to get more power. If you had a IC design that would work with the Alfa 2.0's and the Jeep 2.0's it might be a popular product as it seems the Alfa loving Italians are a lot more aggressive on pushing the tuning.

On a similar thought does your IC tube fit the Alfa's as well? You may want to check that as it could be easy additional market opportunity for you..... And reason for you to get a Alfa shop car ;)

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I can't give you absolutes as that is still a "scaled" value that is being worked on to get absolute values - the last piece of the CANbus they work to crack.

The Alfa 2.0L folks are ahead of us but also stuck up against the intercooler to get more power. If you had a IC design that would work with the Alfa 2.0's and the Jeep 2.0's it might be a popular product as it seems the Alfa loving Italians are a lot more aggressive on pushing the tuning.

On a similar thought does your IC tube fit the Alfa's as well? You may want to check that as it could be easy additional market opportunity for you..... And reason for you to get a Alfa shop car ;)
Gotcha, I'll look into the Alfa and see if they share the same intercooler. Part numbers for both platforms have been tough to find.

I actually looked at the Alfa intercooler pipe the other day and unfortunately ours wouldn't fit without a redesign. The Alfa uses what looks like a post-turbo 02 sensor in the intercooler pipe. It normally mounts in that flat area about halfway down the pipe that we eliminated :(

Thanks!

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 2.0t, 22 Volvo XC60 T8 ER, 06 Audi A3
For some reason I completely missed the GFB part and my brain just filled in TS dual-port. :facepalm: Need more coffee. I really like the design of the GFB DV+, been thinking about buying one for my GTI since the stock one won't hold boost past 3,000 RPM. How do you like it on the JL?

Thanks,
-Steve
I’ve been running a DV+ on my TFSI ko4 Audi A3 for years! Get it and don’t think twice. There is no better solution for 2.0t

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I’ve been running a DV+ on my TFSI ko4 Audi A3 for years! Get it and don’t think twice. There is no better solution for 2.0t
I've heard a lot of good reviews for it from Audi/VW owners. I might have to ask Santa for one :)

Thanks!
-Steve

Sponsored

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 2.0t, 22 Volvo XC60 T8 ER, 06 Audi A3
I've heard a lot of good reviews for it from Audi/VW owners. I might have to ask Santa for one :)

Thanks!
-Steve
Hey Steve

Two ideas/questions that may be beneficial to consider...

1) Would it be possible for you guys to reach out to GoFastBits and get an option together, on their end or yours, for the correct hardware to match your DV adaptor? I have tried to reach out to them in the past and they can be difficult to make initial contact with... Mishimoto may have pull and it could be a good way to get a mutually beneficial sales option going.

2) With the added length of the DV+ And your spacer would the engine cover still fit? The OEM solenoid is quite large and it looks like your adaptor has some length as well... I’m not positive on the additional length of the DV+ but I could envision it being just long enough to effect the ability to get to engine cover back on

Thoughts?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Hey Steve

Two ideas/questions that may be beneficial to consider...

1) Would it be possible for you guys to reach out to GoFastBits and get an option together, on their end or yours, for the correct hardware to match your DV adaptor? I have tried to reach out to them in the past and they can be difficult to make initial contact with... Mishimoto may have pull and it could be a good way to get a mutually beneficial sales option going.

2) With the added length of the DV+ And your spacer would the engine cover still fit? The OEM solenoid is quite large and it looks like your adaptor has some length as well... I’m not positive on the additional length of the DV+ but I could envision it being just long enough to effect the ability to get to engine cover back on

Thoughts?
Definitely good ideas! I'll see what the team says about the extra hardware or reaching out to GFB - we have some friends in AU that might be able to get us in contact with them. It's probably going to depend on how many customers ask us for longer hardware because of the DV+. If we get several calls a week about it, we will probably start including longer bolts.

Is there any way you could measure your A3's DV+ for me, or is it as hard to get to as the GTI valve? @oceanblue2019 maybe you could measure yours for me. That way can add up all of the measurements and see if the engine cover will fit still. I'm guessing the DV+ is about 10mm tall.

Edit: I just stuck my head under the hood of our JL and looked through the vent in the engine cover. I don't think you'll have any problem with the engine cover fitting. The DV+ should push the valve back more than it pushes it up. If anybody can provide me with measurements though, I can double check.

Thanks!
-Steve

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Definitely good ideas! I'll see what the team says about the extra hardware or reaching out to GFB - we have some friends in AU that might be able to get us in contact with them. It's probably going to depend on how many customers ask us for longer hardware because of the DV+. If we get several calls a week about it, we will probably start including longer bolts.

Is there any way you could measure your A3's DV+ for me, or is it as hard to get to as the GTI valve? @oceanblue2019 maybe you could measure yours for me. That way can add up all of the measurements and see if the engine cover will fit still. I'm guessing the DV+ is about 10mm tall.

Edit: I just stuck my head under the hood of our JL and looked through the vent in the engine cover. I don't think you'll have any problem with the engine cover fitting. The DV+ should push the valve back more than it pushes it up. If anybody can provide me with measurements though, I can double check.

Thanks!
-Steve
Hi Steve - 14mm for the DV+ main body that would be on top of the existing factory actuator with it's flange.

I worked out your 45mm bolts you include and added 14mm to get 59mm. So I ordered 60mm and may just need a washer under the Allen head.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Hi Steve - 14mm for the DV+ main body that would be on top of the existing factory actuator with it's flange.

I worked out your 45mm bolts you include and added 14mm to get 59mm. So I ordered 60mm and may just need a washer under the Allen head.
Thanks! @Rub-ISH I took some measurements off the stock pipe and our pipe too. With our adapter flange installed, it actually doesn't add much to the total height of the mount vs. the stock pipe. From the face of our flange to the main body of the pipe is about 35mm and the stock is about 30-32mm. I think if the DV+ fits under the engine cover with the stock pipe, you shouldn't have a problem with our pipe installed.

Thanks!
-Steve

dieselino57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Preordered! Please keep us updated on the long bolts for the DV+, Id really like to do them at the same time.

Sponsored

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
@Mishimoto - you may want to align the "Features" and "Description" section for the intercooler pipe sale page. The features say 12ft/lb and 7hp gain while the description says 8ft/lb and 5hp. I'm guessing it's actually the former that's correct with the gains since that is what's in the blog posts?

bval001

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
I'm running it with a JB4 set to +5psi over stock tapering to 3psi at redline (map2) and it's been great. I installed the jb4 originally without the DV+ so I could baseline and the DV+ definitely improved the boost response. In the log below the boost dip on the shift is much reduced with the DV+ over stock. Note you can see the boost taper as that's programmed, and not the BOV leaking at higher levels.

I've got your IC tube on order as that should help a bit and also allow a good mounting location for when I cross into methanol injection as charge temps are current barrier to more power with the factory intercooler. Perhaps you make a replacement IC at some point in time - I see you offer one for the powerstrokes....

The 2.0L is a real beast with this tune, a ton more mid range torque and a lot of fun to drive.

attachment.jpg
where did you get the tune from? will it interfere with the warranty?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Preordered! Please keep us updated on the long bolts for the DV+, Id really like to do them at the same time.
Will do! Most of the team is out until after the new year, so I'll keep you updated.

@Mishimoto - you may want to align the "Features" and "Description" section for the intercooler pipe sale page. The features say 12ft/lb and 7hp gain while the description says 8ft/lb and 5hp. I'm guessing it's actually the former that's correct with the gains since that is what's in the blog posts?
Yes, thank you for catching that. 12 lb-ft and 7 HP are the correct gains. Website has been updated.

Thanks everybody! Hope you all had a good Christmas/Hanukkah/Festivus and a happy New Year!

-Steve

Jnrscaping

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara

attachment.jpg
What tine are you talking about? I’m dying to know. @oceanblue2019

Status
Not open for further replies.