First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
Haha, if you can print it from material that will stand up to 190+*F, you'll definitely get some more flow out of it :giggle: . We've been using nylon for some of our intake prints when we want to test them on the road, but it's nearly as expensive as the final cast parts :surprised:

Thanks!
-Steve
you should try nylonX it wont shrink or warp and is way more easy to print with then normal nylon - pricey yes - but well worth it when u are making parts that need the properties of the nylon without the headaches - more accurate prints ,strength and durability, use a stainless or ruby nozzle cause youll blow threw them if not . printing ya i know a little bit ;) lol -- if there was a machine i could afford to print -peek- id have it already
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
you should try nylonX it wont shrink or warp and is way more easy to print with then normal nylon - pricey yes - but well worth it when u are making parts that need the properties of the nylon without the headaches - more accurate prints ,strength and durability, use a stainless or ruby nozzle cause youll blow threw them if not . printing ya i know a little bit ;) lol -- if there was a machine i could afford to print -peek- id have it already
We actually looked into the nylonX but, like you said, it has embedded CF and we can't print it without a new extruder :( Currently we're using Nylon 645 for parts that need to stand up to higher temp.

My wife asked me for a Christmas list... This was at the top.. along with the intake. ;-)
Nice! Hopefully Santa is generous this year :like:

Thanks!
-Steve

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
In for updates

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
In for updates
Is this your subtle way of saying "give us updates"? :)

Well, I have good news and bad news. We'll start with the good news (newses? newsss?): I have an update for you! But it's more of a tease really... And, we're going to be starting production soon!

The bad news: we hit a snag with the production of the boots for the intercooler pipe that's going to push the pre-sale back to early December :crying: Basically, we want to make the boots with the highest quality material we can, and that's proving to take longer than expected. That coupled with how busy we get around Black Friday/Cyber Monday means the next post won't be until December.

So, while we wait for that to happen, I figured I would put together a quick post (tease) to go over some of the features of the pipe and tide you over until the final post with dyno numbers and the pre-sale. Check out the update below with bonus DIY video and let us know what you think!

Thanks everybody,
-Steve

Rival Nature’s Power – Intercooler Pipe R&D, Part 5: Features
IMG_20190729_130703.jpg

At Mishimoto, we pride ourselves in considering the details. The basis of our development process is of course performance, but what really makes our products work for our customers are the details. Even in something as simple as our 2018+ Jeep Wrangler JL intercooler pipe, the details matter.

If you look back over the development of our JL intercooler pipe, you’ll find a common theme: flow. We spent months focusing on flow and performance. We redesigned the intercooler pipe, 3D printed prototypes, and cast samples to test its performance. The result of that focus and work is a smoother and better flowing intercooler pipe. Job done, right? Not quite. We accomplished the big picture goal, but what about the details?

...Continue Reading>>>

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Any update? My wife has asked for my Christmas list and I want to tell her "Mishimoto Jeep intake pipe and intercooler pipe" but with such technical things it's often better to buy it myself and give her the box to wrap ;)

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Any update? My wife has asked for my Christmas list and I want to tell her "Mishimoto Jeep intake pipe and intercooler pipe" but with such technical things it's often better to buy it myself and give her the box to wrap ;)
Sorry for the lack of updates everybody! I should have one for you next week. Everything is still moving along, and the pre-sale should be kicking off soon. But, these won't be shipping out until early January, so no Mishimoto intercooler pipes under the tree this year :( unless you're like me and you get too lazy/busy to take down the tree until February...

-Steve

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Sorry for the lack of updates everybody! I should have one for you next week. Everything is still moving along, and the pre-sale should be kicking off soon. But, these won't be shipping out until early January, so no Mishimoto intercooler pipes under the tree this year :( unless you're like me and you get too lazy/busy to take down the tree until February...

-Steve

Thank you Steve.

Sponsored

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
WHATS THE UPDATE ? your being all christmasy and giving us all free intakes for christmas? lololol

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
WHATS THE UPDATE ? your being all christmasy and giving us all free intakes for christmas? lololol
Not quite free, but cheaper at least :LOL:

Our intercooler pipe is finally ready for pre-sale! Check out the last post below where we perform our final dyno runs and see if our intercooler pipe makes any power. And, for more details on the pre-sale, check out our website. Looking forward to hearing what you all think!

Thanks everybody,
-Steve

As the Jeep pulled onto the Dynojet, our anticipation grew. Would the increased flow equate to more power, or would our pipe fall flat? We removed the stock intercooler pipe from the JL and installed our free-flowing cast-aluminum replacement. We strapped down the Jeep and fired it up.

MG_9661.jpg

Last time we saw our 2018+ JL performance intercooler pipe, we were finishing our flow testing. The flow bench showed that our 3D printed prototype flowed 27% more air than the stock pipe. We expected our cast aluminum pipe to flow a little better, but when we tested our production sample, we were surprised by just how much better. Thanks to the smoother interior of the cast aluminum, our production sample flowed over 36% better than the stock pipe. But, as we saw with our 2018+ JL intake, more flow doesn’t always translate to more power.

NLT_3594.jpg

To see if all the extra flow would translate to more power, we needed to install the production sample on our JL and run it on the dyno. Our first test would be with the stock intercooler pipe installed to give us a baseline. To get the most accurate results, Jason made four dyno runs and averaged the results together. The results were impressive for a stock 2.0L engine, but close to what we expected based on our previous dyno runs. With the stock intercooler pipe installed, the JL reached an average max torque of 264 lb. ft. at 3,900 RPM and an average max power of 231 hp at 5,400 RPM.

JL_DynoTest_Stock.jpg

After our stock runs were complete, we let the Wrangler cool down and Jason installed our cast-aluminum replacement. We drove the JL back onto the dyno and strapped it down. After a few minutes of letting the JL get up to operating temperature, we performed four more runs.

...Continue Reading>>>
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.