Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
:whew: Being that the intercooler is integrated with the intake manifold, that would be a very complicated project. From what we've seen, there's not much room to improve the intercooler without redesigning the entire intake manifold—you can't make it bigger in any dimension—so we'd have to rely on improving the internal structure.

That's not to say we won't ever do it, but it's going to take a lot of planning and time if we do tackle it.

Thanks!
-Steve
I must of missed that somewhere in the conversation, my bad

Gotcha, though at least there's this
Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Gents I got to see and hold this piece today..... no pictures of course, but its a fine piece of engineering.

I'll say this.... your going to want it, so save some rainy day loot up for it. I know I will get it on the pre-sale.

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 2.0t, 22 Volvo XC60 T8 ER, 06 Audi A3
Gents I got to see and hold this piece today..... no pictures of course, but its a fine piece of engineering.

I'll say this.... your going to want it, so save some rainy day loot up for it. I know I will get it on the pre-sale.
This is a bit out of left field but did you notice if the DV used the stock hardware? I have been trying to get an answer from GoFastBits about hardware for mounting their dv+. The stock unit uses strange hardware with an odd pitch because of the plastic ic piping. If the Mishimoto piece has a standard thread that might kill two birds with one stone in terms of solidifying the stock DV solenoid!

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL

Thanks Jeremy! We're pretty close to the next update and pre-sale so it won't be long until everybody can check it out ;)

This is a bit out of left field but did you notice if the DV used the stock hardware? I have been trying to get an answer from GoFastBits about hardware for mounting their dv+. The stock unit uses strange hardware with an odd pitch because of the plastic ic piping. If the Mishimoto piece has a standard thread that might kill two birds with one stone in terms of solidifying the stock DV solenoid!
The bypass valve mounts on our pipe using M6x1.0 bolts, much more readily available than the self-tapping screws on the plastic pipe :)

Thanks!
-Steve

Last edited:

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 2.0t, 22 Volvo XC60 T8 ER, 06 Audi A3
The bypass valve mounts on our pipe using M6x1.0 bolts, much more readily available than the self-tapping screws on the plastic pipe :)

Thanks!
-Steve
This is what I like to hear...Thanks Steve

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
@Mishimoto will the new pipe have a port to hook up a boost gauge?
Our pipe will have a boss that can be drilled and tapped for a port. The boss extends around about 50% of the pipe so that your can install the sensor or hose barb at whatever angle works best for your application.

Thanks!
-Steve

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
I can't wait for this........I want more @Mishimoto awesome'ness and gains

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

DesertFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep KL
Where are you going to place the boost gauge in the Jeep?
Maybe here. Yes I know it’s a pic of a JK, but the same thing should be available soon for the JL. I’ve used gauge pods like this on other vehicles, it provides a clean install, not in the way but easy to see.

ACEE2A51-3906-4CF7-91F3-83DB11C1B2F0.jpeg

ProjectJL

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Maybe here. Yes I know it’s a pic of a JK, but the same thing should be available soon for the JL. I’ve used gauge pods like this on other vehicles, it provides a clean install, not in the way but easy to see.

ACEE2A51-3906-4CF7-91F3-83DB11C1B2F0.jpeg
For the Audi’s we made a bracket which replaced one of the vents with the gauge. Airflow went around the gauge. I wish I could find a pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.