Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Hey everybody,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all. @jwalt @Huehue80 @4x4Tyrant and anybody else I missed who is having the P1CEA code at altitude, I spoke with our customer service team and if you'd like to return the catch can (return shipping will be on us), we can apply your full purchase as a store credit towards our intake or intercooler pipe when they go on pre-sale.

We're going to continue testing with @mrjking2000 and if we come up with a solution I will let you all know; but like I said, we don't want to keep stringing you all along without a solution in the near future. Justin, I just sent you a PM about your kit as well.

Please shoot me a PM if you'd like to return the catch can and I'll get it setup through CS.

I apologize again for the frustration this has caused, if we can do anything else to help, please let me know.

Hi Steve,

With both the original and revised S&B tube I continue to get "P0456" codes that are "small evap leak" codes. They do not set the CEL but show up in pending codes. So I am of the position the S&B is the problem. This is without your oil catch can.

With the revised S&B and your oil catch can I continue with the P0456. With the original S&B and your oil catch can I get the P1CEA codes. So the revised S&B does help somewhat but still not 100% clean running.
@oceanblue2019 you were having the P1CEA with our catch can and the stock intake installed too, weren't you?

So I emptied the can today for the first time... bone dry
How many miles total are on your JL and how many has the catch can been on?

Thanks,
-Steve

4x4Tyrant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL
Hey everybody,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all. @jwalt @Huehue80 @4x4Tyrant and anybody else I missed who is having the P1CEA code at altitude, I spoke with our customer service team and if you'd like to return the catch can (return shipping will be on us), we can apply your full purchase as a store credit towards our intake or intercooler pipe when they go on pre-sale.

We're going to continue testing with @mrjking2000 and if we come up with a solution I will let you all know; but like I said, we don't want to keep stringing you all along without a solution in the near future. Justin, I just sent you a PM about your kit as well.

Please shoot me a PM if you'd like to return the catch can and I'll get it setup through CS.

I apologize again for the frustration this has caused, if we can do anything else to help, please let me know.

@oceanblue2019 you were having the P1CEA with our catch can and the stock intake installed too, weren't you?

Thanks,
-Steve
Thanks Steve I dont feel like you've been stringing me along atleast. I have had the can on without the filter for awhile now and have had no CELs even when going to around 8000ft. I appreciate the offer to return it for store credit but I think I'll keep it on as long as if in the future if this problem is figured out we get a fix. I have no problems helping out in the near future if need be as well. Thanks again for the great customer service!

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hey everybody,

Thanks,
-Steve

I’ve got about 7k on mine. The can has been on for 1k

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Hey everybody,

-Steve
Correct:

1. Original S&B and no catch can - P0456 warnings (no CEL)
  2. Revised S&B and no catch can - P0456 warnings (no CEL)
  3. Original S&B and catch can - P1CEA error, CEL, and occasional fuel door open warnings
  4. Revised S&B and catch can - P0456 warnings (no CEL). This is the current running configuration and after 500 miles or so still no CEL/fuel door/or P1CEA's.

So revised S&B is still throwing warning codes of P0456. The description on these is "Small EVAP system leak"

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Thanks Steve I dont feel like you've been stringing me along atleast. I have had the can on without the filter for awhile now and have had no CELs even when going to around 8000ft. I appreciate the offer to return it for store credit but I think I'll keep it on as long as if in the future if this problem is figured out we get a fix. I have no problems helping out in the near future if need be as well. Thanks again for the great customer service!
We appreciate that! We'll certainly let you guys know about any updates in the future and continue to take care of our customers. I still think you should be compensated for your time and the fact that you can't use the catch can as it was shipped, however. Shooting you a PM :)

I’ve got about 7k on mine. The can has been on for 1k
Interesting. Our JL has about 14,500 miles on it now and it's catching blow-by pretty consistently, but it was also catching at around 5,000 miles. Did you happen to notice if you had blow-by in the inlet or outlet lines? If you get a few minutes and feel like popping the lines off and taking a look for me, that would be really helpful.

Correct:

1. Original S&B and no catch can - P0456 warnings (no CEL)
  2. Revised S&B and no catch can - P0456 warnings (no CEL)
  3. Original S&B and catch can - P1CEA error, CEL, and occasional fuel door open warnings
  4. Revised S&B and catch can - P0456 warnings (no CEL). This is the current running configuration and after 500 miles or so still no CEL/fuel door/or P1CEA's.

So revised S&B is still throwing warning codes of P0456. The description on these is "Small EVAP system leak"
Hm. Like you and Jeremy said, the P0456 is almost certainly from the intake; but you're also the only person I've heard of with the P1CEA code in any configuration that wasn't above 4,000 ft (I know @FUHL had the gas cap light too).I wonder if swapping parts around in a short time period might have thrown off the computers. Did you disconnect the battery when you made any of the changes?

Thanks everybody,
-Steve

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
We appreciate that! We'll certainly let you guys know about any updates in the future and continue to take care of our customers. I still think you should be compensated for your time and the fact that you can't use the catch can as it was shipped, however. Shooting you a PM :)

Interesting. Our JL has about 14,500 miles on it now and it's catching blow-by pretty consistently, but it was also catching at around 5,000 miles. Did you happen to notice if you had blow-by in the inlet or outlet lines? If you get a few minutes and feel like popping the lines off and taking a look for me, that would be really helpful.

Hm. Like you and Jeremy said, the P0456 is almost certainly from the intake; but you're also the only person I've heard of with the P1CEA code in any configuration that wasn't above 4,000 ft (I know @FUHL had the gas cap light too).I wonder if swapping parts around in a short time period might have thrown off the computers. Did you disconnect the battery when you made any of the changes?

Thanks everybody,
-Steve
Hi Steve,

Yes, process was consistent to disconnect batter for all work. I only skipped it once but then undid it and cleared codes.

I also had some ample long times without changing stuff. 4000 miles with S&B alone, 500+ miles with OCC fighting codes, etc, etc. So it was not swap stuff, drive 10 miles, and swap again.

Jeep is now up to 8000 miles so 4000 miles since battling the first CEL.

I do know my Jeep is the fastest and most powerful on this forum so perhaps that makes it more temperamental? :punch:

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks everybody,
-Steve
I too have the P1CEA and am at or just above sea level.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Hi Steve,

Yes, process was consistent to disconnect batter for all work. I only skipped it once but then undid it and cleared codes.

I also had some ample long times without changing stuff. 4000 miles with S&B alone, 500+ miles with OCC fighting codes, etc, etc. So it was not swap stuff, drive 10 miles, and swap again.

Jeep is now up to 8000 miles so 4000 miles since battling the first CEL.

I do know my Jeep is the fastest and most powerful on this forum so perhaps that makes it more temperamental? :punch:
I too have the P1CEA and am at or just above sea level.
@MyJlU I think I may have had you and @FUHL confused.

I got my codes confused - P2C90 is the "crankcase hose disconnected" code that we've been seeing from customers at high altitude. P0456, and P1CEA are the EVAP-related codes that we've been seeing with the S&B intake due to a design error. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do for P0456 or P1CEA. If you were having P2C90 at sea level we would have to start looking for leaks or issues with the catch can.

...Numbers were never my thing :headbang:

Thanks,
-Steve

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
It’s hard to keep up sometimes, I work in the aftermarket Auto Pats field and we see so much data it hurts my head...

Sponsored

mrjking2000

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 Hurricane
just to let you all know following the thread, UPS delivered the test kit they sent today and i have run the initial vacuum tests Steve asked for. I just PM'd the data to him. will see where this goes!

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Hey everybody,

Thanks,
-Steve
Steve,

No worries about the issues we’re having just find a solution and let us know. I don’t want to send it back. I’m still having the P2C90 code so went back to stock for now. It sounds like the intake could be the missing part for this upgrade. I’m happy with the discount you give us on the parts anyway.

let me know if I can try testing anything for you up here in Utah.

Cohan

Smokey9012

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport 2.0t
Hey just joined been watching this since we got the can. I have also talked to Tim about this but this was a few weeks back. Mine is also completely stock besides catch can and I live in Wyoming. Today was 75 today and it was triggered after 80 miles of driving

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Steve,

No worries about the issues we’re having just find a solution and let us know. I don’t want to send it back. I’m still having the P2C90 code so went back to stock for now. It sounds like the intake could be the missing part for this upgrade. I’m happy with the discount you give us on the parts anyway.

let me know if I can try testing anything for you up here in Utah.

Cohan
Hey Cohan,

We appreciate the faith in us, but a solution for this may be very far off and may even require action from FCA (like a PCM flash or updated sensor). If you'd still like to keep the can, that's perfectly fine, we'll update the thread and tag everybody if we come up with a solution, but I'd still think you should receive something for your trouble and the fact that you bought a product you can't use as it stands. Going to shoot you a PM so we can discuss further.

Same for you @Smokey9012

Thanks,
-Steve

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I’m going to head to Moab from Houston in about 2 weeks. I’ll be going from 0 - 8000 and down to 5500. I will keep my elevation monitored and provide feedback if any CEL’s come up.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.