Not open for further replies.

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
I’m going to reconnect the catch can tomorrow. Going to grease the o-ring a little and try again. Stock setup ran as usual no CEL.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I wonder if applying a layer of grease around the o-rings would help - just something to block leaking of air that might be triggering the sensor?
it feels pretty snug when i push on the mishimoto fitting, more so than the OEM one. so I think (on mine anyway) that it's sealed up good. no CEL at all today around town, but again it was cooler today.
We were a little concerned that the o-rings might be leaking, but given that removing the filter has affected when the CEL comes on, we're now pretty sure the issue is related to flow at the pressure sensor.

To share some more data, I am running the catch can without the filter. Yesterday I went to a local resort for ocktoberfest. The drive started at 4800 feet and the parking lot was at 8000 ft. I did get the P2 code as a pending code while at that elevation. The code cleared and everything shows normal back at 4800 ft. I was not driving at the elevation long enough to trip it in the permanent code.
A9F7B8A3-691F-400B-BB07-6A83DC58C3E2.png
Thank you for the info - I've passed it along to our engineer to consider. We're still actively working on this, so I'll keep you all updated.

A bit off topic.
I opened up the hood vents and added some 3-d printed vent to rings so water doesn't enter the engine bay.

I posted more info on Facebook. 2.0L group page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/479547239235776/

MVIMG_20190913_213618.jpg
MVIMG_20190914_130227.jpg
That's pretty awesome! I bet you'd have a market for those if you wanted to sell them. You could do a package deal with pre-modified hood vents :idea:

Thanks everybody,
-Steve

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Its been 3+ weeks and no CEL with the Mishi intake & catch can combo

Just waiting for that IC pipe now

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase
Mine popped the CEL today during normal driving and filter removed. I bet I need the @Mishimoto intake for more testing.

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
After reconnecting the catch can. CEL is back on with no drastic elevation change. Hope Steve found a solution soon.

Sponsored

mrjking2000

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 Hurricane
update from Northern Colorado (5000 feet) with the smaller can mishimoto shipped me, and the filter in place.

CEL only comes on after temps push through 70-75 degrees, and the engine bay is at temperature. drove vehicle around on wednesday of this week and it wasn't until after it sat in the full sun at about 85 degrees for a couple hours that it came on. the pending code was there the whole time, but it finally got hot enough to trip the light when i restarted to come home.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Hey everybody,

I'm going to check with the engineer on the project this afternoon and see where we are with further testing. I should have an update for you on Monday, if not sooner.

Thanks,
-Steve

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
For what it’s worth, I’m at sea level around 100 degrees and I’ve never gotten a CEL.
Yeah, we haven't had any reports from below 4,000 ft. elevation - so we're pretty confident the lower atmospheric pressure at that altitude and above is causing the issue (and our catch can being installed, of course). How going from 4,000 ft to 8,000 ft doesn't trigger the CEL by itself is still an unknown, however :headbang:

Thanks!
-Steve

Sponsored

mrjking2000

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 Hurricane
Yeah, we haven't had any reports from below 4,000 ft. elevation - so we're pretty confident the lower atmospheric pressure at that altitude and above is causing the issue (and our catch can being installed, of course). How going from 4,000 ft to 8,000 ft doesn't trigger the CEL by itself is still an unknown, however :headbang:

Thanks!
-Steve
a front moved through over the weekend and the CEL stayed on in town every restart... and it was under 70 degrees lol!

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase
@Mishimoto, sorry to report I have tripped the code again. Only a few short trips on the Jeep since last reset. This is with brass filter removed, 4800 ft elevation, air temp was 49 degrees. I am assuming this code will continue to trip more frequently as temperatures drop. Other than system removal does any of your team have suggestions they would like me to try?

F1E59179-E663-4734-BB42-E1D0CCD1D778.png

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
a front moved through over the weekend and the CEL stayed on in town every restart... and it was under 70 degrees lol!
@Mishimoto, sorry to report I have tripped the code again. Only a few short trips on the Jeep since last reset. This is with brass filter removed, 4800 ft elevation, air temp was 49 degrees. I am assuming this code will continue to trip more frequently as temperatures drop. Other than system removal does any of your team have suggestions they would like me to try
Hey guys,

@mrjking2000 I just shot you a message about a test kit we're sending to gather vacuum/pressure data from the sensor.

However, we don't have a permanent fix yet. We're going to keep working on the issue, but I don't want to keep stringing you guys along, especially since it may be a while. So, I'm going to talk with our Customer Service team to see what we can do for compensation. I'll let you know what CS says today or first thing tomorrow morning.

@oceanblue2019 are you still having issues as well? I'm curious to see if you've gotten your updated S&B tube yet and gotten a chance to try it with the catch can.

Thank you all for your patience and I apologize that we haven't gotten this figured out.

-Steve

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Hey guys,

@mrjking2000 I just shot you a message about a test kit we're sending to gather vacuum/pressure data from the sensor.

However, we don't have a permanent fix yet. We're going to keep working on the issue, but I don't want to keep stringing you guys along, especially since it may be a while. So, I'm going to talk with our Customer Service team to see what we can do for compensation. I'll let you know what CS says today or first thing tomorrow morning.

@oceanblue2019 are you still having issues as well? I'm curious to see if you've gotten your updated S&B tube yet and gotten a chance to try it with the catch can.

Thank you all for your patience and I apologize that we haven't gotten this figured out.

-Steve
Hi Steve,

With both the original and revised S&B tube I continue to get "P0456" codes that are "small evap leak" codes. They do not set the CEL but show up in pending codes. So I am of the position the S&B is the problem. This is without your oil catch can.

With the revised S&B and your oil catch can I continue with the P0456. With the original S&B and your oil catch can I get the P1CEA codes. So the revised S&B does help somewhat but still not 100% clean running.

Last edited:

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Steve,
With the original S&B and your oil catch can I get the P1CEA codes. So the revised S&B does help somewhat but still not 100% clean running.
Same problem I had.

Once I ditched the S&B intake the CEL for P1CEA never came back.

So I can say the Mishi intake is the way to go!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.