Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Steve,

i wasn’t at that elevation for long, just during the drive. Moab is around 4500 ft. I did get the CEL throughout the weekend. It was on then went off again.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
@Mishimoto I cleared my codes while doing electrical over Labor Day and decided to try one more week with the filter in. After a day I looked In the codes and had the p1 code pending. The next day it tripped the light. I decided to leave it alone and the light went off the next day but it moved the code into permanent code. I ran that way for the remainder of the week. I removed the filter parts this morning and will give it a try for a couple weeks. Just a similar note as others , my mishimoto parts were as clean and oil free as when I installed them.
Steve,

i wasn’t at that elevation for long, just during the drive. Moab is around 4500 ft. I did get the CEL throughout the weekend. It was on then went off again.
Thanks for the updates! It's interesting that the CEL is coming and going for some of you. @4x4Tyrant @Huehue80 @jwalt @mrjking2000 could you all check the part number on your CCV pressure sensors for me? It should either be 68302774AB or 68302774AA. Sensor location is pictured below for everybody's reference. I'd expect them to all be the AB sensor as the AA was superseded, but just in case.

Thanks!
-Steve

Jeep_JL_PressureSensor.jpg

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
@Mishimoto I'll check mine when I get him for shi!ts and giggles.

mrjking2000

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 Hurricane
Steve! new can bottom just arrived today, and it's on now. i also put the filter back in place too.

also my pressure sensor is the new part AB.

will report back after i get some miles on the new can. unfortunately tomorrow i need my truck for work, so it might be a few days.

thanks a bunch!

IMG_20190909_143645.jpg

Sponsored

4x4Tyrant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL
Thanks for the updates! It's interesting that the CEL is coming and going for some of you. @4x4Tyrant @Huehue80 @jwalt @mrjking2000 could you all check the part number on your CCV pressure sensors for me? It should either be 68302774AB or 68302774AA. Sensor location is pictured below for everybody's reference. I'd expect them to all be the AB sensor as the AA was superseded, but just in case.

Thanks!
-Steve

Part number 68302774AB on mine as well. And I've put 1500 miles on it since I removed the filter alittle over a week ago. Also doing alot of mountain driving as well, training in Sacramento for the next 3 weeks so I'll have to go up and over the eastern sierras multiple times a week.

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR

Thanks!
-Steve

Steve,

Part number 68302774AB on mine as well

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase
Same part for me.
40F9510C-99B3-4E6E-BDD6-BE2EDBC97440.jpeg

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Steve! new can bottom just arrived today, and it's on now. i also put the filter back in place too.

also my pressure sensor is the new part AB.

will report back after i get some miles on the new can. unfortunately tomorrow i need my truck for work, so it might be a few days.

thanks a bunch!
Thanks Justin! Fingers crossed the smaller can bottom helps :please:

Part number 68302774AB on mine as well. And I've put 1500 miles on it since I removed the filter alittle over a week ago. Also doing alot of mountain driving as well, training in Sacramento for the next 3 weeks so I'll have to go up and over the eastern sierras multiple times a week.
Same part for me.
40F9510C-99B3-4E6E-BDD6-BE2EDBC97440.jpeg
So much for the superseded sensor theory :( We're going to keep working at this though, I believe our engineer is putting together a test plan and we may be reaching out to you all again for help soon.

Thanks again,
-Steve

mrjking2000

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Justin! Fingers crossed the smaller can bottom helps :please:
Thanks again,
-Steve
well sadly... CEL came on in town at 5000 feet running to grocery store today. my plans changed so i decided to drive the jeep...

thoughts?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
well sadly... CEL came on in town at 5000 feet running to grocery store today. my plans changed so i decided to drive the jeep...

thoughts?
:( It looks like removing the filter is the best temporary solution right now. I would suggest removing the filter again and keeping the small can bottom.

Our engineer is working on a way to gather some data from you guys that should help us figure out the full cause of the issue.

Thank you for your help!
-Steve

mrjking2000

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:( It looks like removing the filter is the best temporary solution right now. I would suggest removing the filter again and keeping the small can bottom.

Our engineer is working on a way to gather some data from you guys that should help us figure out the full cause of the issue.

Thank you for your help!
-Steve
cool deal! i'm sure the engine bay has cooled off enough now to be able to take that can apart... those 2.0 bays get HOT.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
cool deal! i'm sure the engine bay has cooled off enough now to be able to take that can apart... those 2.0 bays get HOT.
They sure do! I think we measured the area behind the radiators where the intake pipe is at around 200*F :whew:

Thanks!
-Steve

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
I wish those hood vents on my Rubicons were functional

mrjking2000

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They sure do! I think we measured the area behind the radiators where the intake pipe is at around 200*F :whew:

Thanks!
-Steve
i've often wondered if that hot of an engine bay was really that good for the battery in there lol!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.