Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Steve,

Thanks for the reply. My JL is a 2018 with 15,000 miles. Stock exhaust and intake. I do think it’s working just wanted to report it’s still super clean. I’m heading to Moab on Thursday so more testing with the filter removed will happen. As for my driving I do get into the boost but not too much.

the only code I had was U0432 still in memory after clearing the cel with my tazer JL

I’ll keep you informed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
That's strange, we haven't had anybody report the P2C90 below ~4,000 ft. elevation. Did you by any chance disconnect the battery when you swapped back to the stock intake? I'm wondering if there are stored values for the CCV pressure sensor that changed when you went to the stock intake and the PCM didn't like it, or maybe there's a leak in the system somewhere. The P1CEA is definitely not caused by the catch can, but I would like to figure out why you're getting the P2C90 code at such a low elevation.

Thanks @Huehue80, please do let us know how it goes!

How many total miles are on your JL? The amount of blow-by the engine produces and therefore how much the can catches will increase as the engine wears (piston ring and cylinder wall wear allows more blow-by into the crankcase). It will also vary by how you drive; since the can is on the CCV side of the engine, it will catch more when the turbo is producing boost than it will just cruising down the highway.

It seems like our JL's engine may have been built at 4:30 on a Friday, because at 2,000 miles we had a stream of oil in the turbo inlet. When we pulled @Minty JL 's catch can, his was also clean, but so were the turbo inlet and the inlet line for the catch can. So it's likely not that the can isn't working, but that your engine just isn't producing that much blow-by yet.

Thanks for the update! Really glad it's working well and that our work on that intake resonator seems to be paying off :D

Hey Justin, I'm sorry to hear that removing the filter didn't work for you. Would you be open to trying another test? It's possible that the can actually has too much volume and is affecting flow at startup. I'd like to send you our smaller can bottom to try out and see if that has any positive effect. If you're OK with giving it another shot, please let me know and I'll get it shipped out ASAP.

Thanks again everybody for being patient and working with us on these issues. Hope we can get them all resolved soon!

-Steve
Hi Steve,

Yes I always disconnect battery when I swap around and reconnect once swap is done.

I also got a code today P0456 “small EVAP leak” which is first time for that one. No CEL just a pending code. Not sure it will turn into a P1CEA over a few days and trip the CEL.

This is with S&B only installed.

So yeah it has issues alone but seems the CEL’s come more frequently when combined with the OCC. Any ideas why?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys!

Hi Steve,

absolutely i'm willing to try whatever! out of pure curiosity... do you know what value on a live data logger is the sensor value?

this shows a barometer but i'm not sure what the actual sensor is called.
Awesome, I'll have a new can bottom sent out to you ASAP!

It's likely that the pressure sensor is not outputting an interpreted number (like 2 PSI), but rather is sending a voltage or resistance value to the PCM, which then compares it to other signals to determine if the pressure value is out of range. Without the FCA factory scan tool, you may not be able to see any output from the sensor. I did look at your live-data when you sent it in to our CSR and it looks like everything is in a reasonable range. Barometric pressure at your altitude is around 12 PSI (not considering weather), so that's a little low, but I'm not sure where it's reading from and it could be affected by engine speed.

random thought just hit me... found another thread about mopar snorkel kits throwing the same P2C90 code. that resolution seems to be replacing the crankcase pressure sensor part 68312652AA with 68312652AB instead.

has mishimoto tried this or anyone else tried this?
We also found that thread - it looks like the MOPAR snorkel is also throwing the P2C90 for owners at high elevations (and one guy in Florida... @oceanblue2019 you didn't move from Florida, did you?). The new part worked for the customer in Florida, but not for the other two at high elevations. It looks like it's a $50 part, so it might be the next step if we can't figure it out by swapping out our parts.

Alrighty so here's my after weekend update. After offroading up around 10500ft we got a CEL with the same code. After I got down the mountain to around 4000 ft the CEL turned off after a couple cycles. We drove up to around 8000ft again the following day and no CEL. So to summarize not getting anything at my altitude approx 4100ft with the filter removed, but up around 10500ft got a CEL.
Thank you for the update! So it sounds like removing the filter works for about 4,000-7 or 8,000 ft. Have you done that kind of climb prior to installing the catch can? I'm still very surprised altitude alone hasn't thrown this code for most people.

We want to see how the smaller can bottom works out for @mrjking2000 before we continue swapping out more parts, so please stay patient with us!

Thank you all for your help!
-Steve

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Well some of the other members with the S&B intake have discovered that S&B has revised their intake tube. The good news on the customer service side it they're shipping the replacement out to the customers (upon request) for no cost.

@Mishimoto Steve: for your situational awareness

I'll be really curious to see if this new tube is the fix for the P1CEA code

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Jeremy,

Yes, we revised the tube and drilled smaller hole in the insert. This has shown correction/fix to the P1CEA CEL.
Would you like the new tube shipped to the Stevern, MD address?

Thanks so much,
Melissa
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi J,

I just saw your response. I will get this processed first thing in the AM to ship via UPS ground. Usually these will ship within 1-2 days of the order being placed and it will take roughly 4 business days for delivery to you.

Thanks so much for your patience and understanding and we will get it corrected for you.

Have a great night.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mrjking2000

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 Hurricane
We want to see how the smaller can bottom works out for @mrjking2000 before we continue swapping out more parts, so please stay patient with us!
Sweet i'll keep an eye out for it. I went back to the OEM tube just for this week to keep the CEL at bay.

Will report back any news.

Sponsored

4x4Tyrant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL

It's likely that the pressure sensor is not outputting an interpreted number (like 2 PSI), but rather is sending a voltage or resistance value to the PCM, which then compares it to other signals to determine if the pressure value is out of range. Without the FCA factory scan tool, you may not be able to see any output from the sensor. I did look at your live-data when you sent it in to our CSR and it looks like everything is in a reasonable range. Barometric pressure at your altitude is around 12 PSI (not considering weather), so that's a little low, but I'm not sure where it's reading from and it could be affected by engine speed.

We also found that thread - it looks like the MOPAR snorkel is also throwing the P2C90 for owners at high elevations (and one guy in Florida... @oceanblue2019 you didn't move from Florida, did you?). The new part worked for the customer in Florida, but not for the other two at high elevations. It looks like it's a $50 part, so it might be the next step if we can't figure it out by swapping out our parts.

Thank you for the update! So it sounds like removing the filter works for about 4,000-7 or 8,000 ft. Have you done that kind of climb prior to installing the catch can? I'm still very surprised altitude alone hasn't thrown this code for most people.

-Steve
Yeah we've done this trail plenty of times with our JL it hasn't thrown a code. K for now I'll leave the filter out until you guys post an update. Is it safe to continue to run without the filter? And will the catch can still function like it should without it?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

-Steve
@Mishimoto Not me, we holiday in Florida but live in Maryland.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Well some of the other members with the S&B intake have discovered that S&B has revised their intake tube. The good news on the customer service side it they're shipping the replacement out to the customers (upon request) for no cost.

I'll be really curious to see if this new tube is the fix for the P1CEA code

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Jeremy,

Yes, we revised the tube and drilled smaller hole in the insert. This has shown correction/fix to the P1CEA CEL.
Would you like the new tube shipped to the Stevern, MD address?

Thanks so much,
Melissa
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi J,

I just saw your response. I will get this processed first thing in the AM to ship via UPS ground. Usually these will ship within 1-2 days of the order being placed and it will take roughly 4 business days for delivery to you.

Thanks so much for your patience and understanding and we will get it corrected for you.

Have a great night.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a response.....

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
I shot an email to : Melissa Hintz, [email protected]

Shes been super responsive and attentive

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL

I did too last night but thus far no response.
I hope it does for everybody already running the S&B and good on them to send those out for free! S&B is a great company, so I'm sure they'll take care of their customers if the updated tube and fitting are still causing an issue. Coordinating product updates is a monster of a task, and when it's a rush to fix a product that's already on the market, it gets even crazier. I bet their CS and logistics teams are swamped right now, so please be patient with them as you all have been with us :)

Yeah we've done this trail plenty of times with our JL it hasn't thrown a code. K for now I'll leave the filter out until you guys post an update. Is it safe to continue to run without the filter? And will the catch can still function like it should without it?
Yes, it's fine to run without the filter and the can will still function like it should. That filter is mainly there to trap larger carbon particles, so the oil vapor will still be condensed by the baffle and the slowing of the blow-by gas as it moves through the can. At this low of a mileage, you likely won't have any carbon to worry about anyway.

Thanks everybody, I'll keep you updated!

-Steve

Last edited:

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
@Mishimoto
Steve,

Just drove to Moab went over soldier summit 7,477 feet. No CEL but i do have the P2C90 code in memory.

hope we figure this out soon

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
@Mishimoto
Steve,

Just drove to Moab went over soldier summit 7,477 feet. No CEL but i do have the P2C90 code in memory.

hope we figure this out soon
Thank you for the update! The code will stay in memory for a while but as long as the CEL is off you should be OK. It's interesting that you went above 7,000 ft. without a CEL, were you up that high for long? It seems like this might be a similar issue to what we had on the EcoBoost F-150's where the sensors had varying ranges from the factory.

Thanks,
-Steve

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase
@Mishimoto I cleared my codes while doing electrical over Labor Day and decided to try one more week with the filter in. After a day I looked In the codes and had the p1 code pending. The next day it tripped the light. I decided to leave it alone and the light went off the next day but it moved the code into permanent code. I ran that way for the remainder of the week. I removed the filter parts this morning and will give it a try for a couple weeks. Just a similar note as others , my mishimoto parts were as clean and oil free as when I installed them.
CA2EC48B-A400-4DF4-BFA7-6C599BB08AFF.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.