Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I just thought about this some more.

I'm going to try and squeeze the JL in to my buddies shop before I run up to @Mishimoto

The 2 tubes that connect to the front of the S&B or factory intake are part of the EVAP system. I'm going to hook up the smoke machine and see what happens. I'm beginning to think the connectors provided with the S&B intake are not sized correctly to ensure a tight or proper seal for the EVAP lines. I will smoke the lines to verify.

EVAP lines.jpg
Sponsored

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

I'm going to try and squeeze the JL in to my buddies shop before I run up to @Mishimoto

The 2 tubes that connect to the front of the S&B or factory intake are part of the EVAP system. I'm going to hook up the smoke machine and see what happens. I'm beginning to think the connectors provided with the S&B intake are not sized correctly to ensure a tight or proper seal for the EVAP lines. I will smoke the lines to verify.

EVAP lines.jpg
Smart thinking, it has to be something silly like that. Keep us posted.

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
Well gents, I have been driving the hell out of the JL down here in OBX. So much fun I lost my cell phone the first day.

Last tank I got 18.1 mpg = with no doors, Freedom panels off and the rear hatch glass up the whole time. This was with on road and a bunch of time in 4HI in the deep sand. NOTE: when in the deep sand, make sure to turn off your traction control LOL.

I'm at about 750-800 miles since my last reset (disconnected the NEG Battery terminal (5 mins)) and still CEL free.

Hopefully next week, Steve @Mishimoto ,his team, my JL and our observations can yield a final fix for the community. The annoying side effect of modifying a new platform is having to work through the bugs. I'm a car guy, so I enjoy the troubleshooting and learning curve. Yeah, stock can be mostly drama free, but that's boring and stock sucks........turbo sounds FTW.

A question to the masses dealing with this issues, what octane is everyone filling up with? I'm not sure if its relevant to this issue, but curious. I always use 93 with the exception of one fill up at 92 octane on the drive down to the beach.

Well cheers for now gents, its time to pack the JL up and get back out on the beach!

Jeremy
I fill up (2.0T JLUR) with best available all the time (usually 91 in my neck of the woods). Unless gas goes back up to $4-$5, I will continue running recommended fuel octane. I average 22-23 mpg in mixed driving. Have not tried regular. Premium fuel added cost is pretty much a wash with what I traded in for the Jeep (2011 Ram 1500 5.7L) which ran on 87. About 55-65 bucks to fill up, so it's not a problem for me.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Can anyone confirm if the catch can will fit on the 2020 2.0 without eTorque? I don't know if the engine bracketry is any different.

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase

EVAP lines.jpg
I’d wondered the same thing, I remembered them fitting weird at install.

ps Your engine bay is way to clean, can you dirty it up so mine doesn’t look so bad!!

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

EVAP lines.jpg
Hello from Germany

I was thinking this is the only place a leak could really occur causing the issues before I left but no time to test.

Interesting is S&B claims they needed to machine these to get the perfect size to fit the OEM quick disconnects.

One could always test this by using some butyl tape over the quick disconnects to seal it up to eliminate leak possibility.

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone confirm if the catch can will fit on the 2020 2.0 without eTorque? I don't know if the engine bracketry is any different.
I would imagine it would. I haven't seen any redesigns of the 2.0 engine for 2020. I just installed this kit on my 2019 and it went together very easily. The catch can is hidden, my Jeep makes no additional noises. I will have to install the Mishimoto sticker for the additional HP.

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
I would imagine it would. I haven't seen any redesigns of the 2.0 engine for 2020. I just installed this kit on my 2019 and it went together very easily. The catch can is hidden, my Jeep makes no additional noises. I will have to install the Mishimoto sticker for the additional HP.
I got 3 stickers mahhhhhhaaaaaa

4x4Tyrant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL
Before you install it again, could you also take a quick photo of the inside of the quick-disconnect for the pressure sensor? We just want to make sure the o-rings are fully seated and aren't causing a leak.

Thanks!
-Steve
Alright had a busy week but I put around 600 miles on the jeep stock and no check engine light came on again. So today I hooked up the catch can again, did some small changes like rerouting the hose like you guys suggested and I'm going to leave the engine cover off to make sure its not pinching a hose or something. Attached below is pictures from the install along with the picture of the inside of that disconnect, I have another long road trip to do this weekend so hopefully no codes....

20190822_182116.jpg
20190822_182120.jpg
20190822_183105.jpg
20190822_183109.jpg
20190822_183123.jpg
20190822_183128.jpg
20190822_183514.jpg
20190822_183200.jpg

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
You guys have been busy the past few days! Sorry I haven't been responding as quickly as normal!

Installed my catch can today...took all of twenty minutes as I did not need to remove the intake...plenty of room to get the whole can and bracket into position as one piece.

Nice piece of equipment and great for peace of mind. No codes to speak of with a stock/K&N intake! Only took it for a short drive but everything about the install was smooth!
I've had mine installed now for a couple hundred miles so far. No problems.
Thank you and glad that it's working without issue! Looking forward to hearing how it performs over time!

We can't confirm this yet, but if you send us some photos when you get the 2020 we should be able to tell you if it will fit from that. Maybe this weekend I'll try to browse some local dealerships and see if they have any 2020's on the floor.

I'm at about 750-800 miles since my last reset (disconnected the NEG Battery terminal (5 mins)) and still CEL free.

Hopefully next week, Steve @Mishimoto ,his team, my JL and our observations can yield a final fix for the community. The annoying side effect of modifying a new platform is having to work through the bugs. I'm a car guy, so I enjoy the troubleshooting and learning curve. Yeah, stock can be mostly drama free, but that's boring and stock sucks........turbo sounds FTW.

Jeremy
Glad you're having fun and it's been running CEL free for you after the PCM/ECU reset! Still a pretty curious situation. Looking forward to working with you in person next week! As for the S&B intake, you're on the right track, but we'll talk in more detail about that next week ;)

Alright had a busy week but I put around 600 miles on the jeep stock and no check engine light came on again. So today I hooked up the catch can again, did some small changes like rerouting the hose like you guys suggested and I'm going to leave the engine cover off to make sure its not pinching a hose or something. Attached below is pictures from the install along with the picture of the inside of that disconnect, I have another long road trip to do this weekend so hopefully no codes....
Thank you for sending these over, I'll forward them on to the engineering team to see if they find anything out of sorts - It looks like everything is installed correctly, so hopefully it stays CEL-free for you.

Thank you everybody for all of the feedback and working with us! We really appreciate it!
-Steve

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
I’d wondered the same thing, I remembered them fitting weird at install.

ps Your engine bay is way to clean, can you dirty it up so mine doesn’t look so bad!!
LOL, thats when the JL was pretty much new.......I can assure you its not clean anymore

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
BTW...... my little JL pulled a Chevy 3500 out of the sand yesterday; to his credit he only got stuck because he broke and axle trying to pull out a Suburban

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
I have to download the real proof.......the video my wife took.

IMG952019082295133742951.jpg

4x4Tyrant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL
Installed the catch can again yesterday and got the same code again today after my drive to work. I'm not sure what's wrong...

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase
I installed mine yesterday and have done a few short trips around town, less than 10 miles total and I just had a code pop up. I’m interested if you find any hose routing issues.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.