First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
There seems to be a trend here... I would suggest doing a PCM reset by disconnecting the positive and negative battery cables and connecting them together for a few minutes. See if the code comes back after that.

It's very strange that the intake + the catch can would be causing an EVAP code when just the intake isn't causing it. How long have you had the S&B intake installed?

Thanks,
-Steve
Careful with shorting the two, with the dual battery not sure what will happen ;)

What is interesting is when I disconnect the negative for 5 minutes my radio presets get lots. Minty’s mentioned his did not.... that in itself is a bit strange, but perhaps once you get the PCM update it will be the same and reset.

Has anyone who has S&B and added Mishi oil can and disconnect battery gotten the code back yet?

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase

4x4Tyrant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL
Installed the oil catch can kit on Tuesday, and drove around with no problems. Wife took the jeep outta town and Wednesday I got a msg via the uconnect app on the phone that the check engine light is on, and low and behold I called my wife and it seems to be on. I'll have to wait till shes back in town this weekend and run my reader and see whats going on. I made sure everything was tight and installed correctly.

Sponsored

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the oil catch can kit on Tuesday, and drove around with no problems. Wife took the jeep outta town and Wednesday I got a msg via the uconnect app on the phone that the check engine light is on, and low and behold I called my wife and it seems to be on. I'll have to wait till shes back in town this weekend and run my reader and see whats going on. I made sure everything was tight and installed correctly.
I got a message in uconnect also. AND a text message from my dealership asking me to bring it in. So they (FCA) know a code has been set. Not sure if that is a bad thing or not. My code is unrelated to catch can.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Please let us know what the code is when you get it read. Do you also have an intake installed?

I got a message in uconnect also. AND a text message from my dealership asking me to bring it in. So they (FCA) know a code has been set. Not sure if that is a bad thing or not. My code is unrelated to catch can.
That's a little creepy, I haven't heard of vehicles transmitting CEL info to dealerships. Did the text say what they wanted it in for?

Thanks,
-Steve

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Please let us know what the code is when you get it read. Do you also have an intake installed?

That's a little creepy, I haven't heard of vehicles transmitting CEL info to dealerships. Did the text say what they wanted it in for?

Thanks,
-Steve
If you have a preferred dealership set in the mopar website and that dealership is "connected" it will do this. My dealership is not "connected" so it only shows post-service history they enter against my VIN.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
It has not popped back up....yet.
So I now have 300 miles on since the last reset and no CEL. Thanks United for a cancelled flight that led to 4 Dulles and back trips to get some test mines on - should have just driven to my meeting!

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
If you have a preferred dealership set in the mopar website and that dealership is "connected" it will do this. My dealership is not "connected" so it only shows post-service history they enter against my VIN.
Ah gotcha. That's partially cool and still partially too much big-brother for me (this is where I would put the "tin hat" emoji, if there was one). I wish we would have set a preferred dealership for our JL, I'd love to see their reaction to the number of CEL we set with intake and catch can R&D :LOL:

So I now have 300 miles on since the last reset and no CEL. Thanks United for a cancelled flight that led to 4 Dulles and back trips to get some test mines on - should have just driven to my meeting!
Well, that should have definitely been enough driving to set all of the monitors - maybe a battery disconnect is all that's required.

For those of you that are still having a CEL with the S&B intake and our catch can, we are looking more into why it's happening, but I would suggest disconnecting the battery for several minutes to clear the PCM/ECU learned values and see if that helps.

Thanks,
-Steve

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Ah gotcha. That's partially cool and still partially too much big-brother for me (this is where I would put the "tin hat" emoji, if there was one). I wish we would have set a preferred dealership for our JL, I'd love to see their reaction to the number of CEL we set with intake and catch can R&D :LOL:

Well, that should have definitely been enough driving to set all of the monitors - maybe a battery disconnect is all that's required.

For those of you that are still having a CEL with the S&B intake and our catch can, we are looking more into why it's happening, but I would suggest disconnecting the battery for several minutes to clear the PCM/ECU learned values and see if that helps.

Thanks,
-Steve
I maybe spoke too soon. Had to drive 140 miles to pick up kids at summer camp this afternoon. About 10 minutes into the drive my "Gas Cap loose" alarm came on. Pulled over and checked it; and it was fine. On start it came back immediately. At camp turned off vehicle; got kids; and on startup the alert came back on. Drove back 60 miles; stopped for dinner. After dinner on start it didn't come back..... Drove 30 minutes home with it off.

It is possessed....

4x4Tyrant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL
Alrighty so was able to scan the jeep I'm getting code, P2C90, quick googling seems to say it's a crankcase ventilation hose A disconnected. Checked the catch can all hoses look tight and worn clamps seem good as well, going to clear it and see if it comes back. The uconnect app notified me my jeeps heath report was available that's when it reported the CEL light was illuminated.
15660056214911262973506544553133.jpg
15660056434841547181312531439851.jpg
15660056651121241781250359293913.jpg
15660057080556074340042653684634.jpg

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
@Mishimoto i just checked my oil catch can after a week of use, maybe 200-300 miles, the can is completely dried. Even the filter is dry as new, like no oil was running’s through.

Infilled your instructions step by step.

Here’s is a pic of my set up

61EF5600-2995-4083-91AA-27DC5669A677.jpeg

30CE7C56-3571-4C45-AC11-2D43ACF2FA92.jpeg

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it's been a week now (about 600miles) 300 today on the drive down to OBX and everything is running well and no CEL. I brought my new scanner with me just in case.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Yeah it's been a week now (about 600miles) 300 today on the drive down to OBX and everything is running well and no CEL. I brought my new scanner with me just in case.
CEL came back on this morning. So I've disconnected the catch can, cleared the code, and will monitor for a few hundred miles.

As my catch can is still bone dry after almost 800 miles I also question it's usefulness long term versus the hassles thus far with CEL/Gas cap loose warnings.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.