Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Can the windshield still be folded down?
I am hoping that they are going to have a special sale coming up for both of their cold air intake and the snorkel as a bundled package.
I missed the pre-sale special so I hope @Mishimoto has something like that lined up.
Yes, the windshield can be folded down with our snorkel! And shooting you a PM now!

@Mishimoto
any plans to do a snorkel for the diesels?
We don't have a snorkel for the diesel on the plan just yet, but I'll definitely pass your interest on to the team!

Thanks,
-Steve
Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

After a huge farce with UPS, I got my kit yesterday. Need to reach out to my local shop to see what the install will cost me.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

I'm got the shop installing it tomorrow. I'll put up pictures when it's done.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

The Hulk, now with Snorkel. I am impressed with the build quality so far.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mishimoto R&D: Borne Off-Road Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Snorkel 201020-Snorkel Install-001
Jeep Wrangler JL Mishimoto R&D: Borne Off-Road Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Snorkel 201020-Snorkel Install-002
Jeep Wrangler JL Mishimoto R&D: Borne Off-Road Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Snorkel 201020-Snorkel Install-003
Jeep Wrangler JL Mishimoto R&D: Borne Off-Road Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Snorkel 201020-Snorkel Install-004
Jeep Wrangler JL Mishimoto R&D: Borne Off-Road Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Snorkel 201020-Snorkel Install-005
Jeep Wrangler JL Mishimoto R&D: Borne Off-Road Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Snorkel 201020-Snorkel Install-006

I am going to have to take the grid off and blast it with some Gamma Radiation Green Mojito! Green.

PyrateCex

First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited JLU
Occupation
Engineer
The Hulk, now with Snorkel. I am impressed with the build quality so far.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mishimoto R&D: Borne Off-Road Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Snorkel 201020-Snorkel Install-006

I am going to have to take the grid off and blast it with some Gamma Radiation Green Mojito! Green.
Very Cool and thanks for posting the photos! How is the view from inside? Does it block anything? Could you take some photos or a short video from inside?

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Very Cool and thanks for posting the photos! How is the view from inside? Does it block anything? Could you take some photos or a short video from inside?
It does not block a thing from inside. I'll get a couple of pictures after work. You can just see the top of the snokel and antenna from the driver's seat, and part of the run along the hood. It doesn't block any viewing as that's where you'd see the fender.

Last edited:

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Okay, a couple of views from inside. First image replicates turning your head to the right. The second shows from the driver head on
Jeep Wrangler JL Mishimoto R&D: Borne Off-Road Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Snorkel 8E9FB10E-DE02-4491-B1B8-54D4A4945CDB
Jeep Wrangler JL Mishimoto R&D: Borne Off-Road Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Snorkel 89C5F357-0756-4878-AE1F-2114A434FCF2

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
Isn't there a kit that makes the pipe come out of the cowl area and not the hood?

Found it
Jeep Wrangler JL Mishimoto R&D: Borne Off-Road Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Snorkel IMG_0720_0

Last edited:

PyrateCex

First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited JLU
Occupation
Engineer
Isn't there a kit that makes the pipe come out of the cowl area and not the hood?

Found it
Jeep Wrangler JL Mishimoto R&D: Borne Off-Road Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Snorkel IMG_0720_0
There is that but it also cuts off the access to the battery and grounding area. Plus a snorkel gets the cooler cleaner air higher up.

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Found it
That’s the rugged ridge snorkel, it also has a “high rise” section as well. As pointed out, while it avoids cutting the hood, you lose access to your batteries and grounding points.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

I will note that the ARB and MoPar snorkels appear to be slightly higher, maybe an inch or so. So far I’m really happy with it.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
@MeanMrWolf thank you for sharing those photos and for the feedback; it looks great! I'm torn between Mojito or Bikini blue for my favorite color, but yours makes the Mojito look very, very nice.

Thanks again!
-Steve

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

@MeanMrWolf thank you for sharing those photos and for the feedback; it looks great! I'm torn between Mojito or Bikini blue for my favorite color, but yours makes the Mojito look very, very nice.

Thanks again!
-Steve
Thanks! I love Mojito! Geen, and wouldn't trade it for any other colour. If you want any product shots, let me know and I'll see about doing some up for you.

TrickyO

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Overland
Took the risk to purchase and ship a Mishimoto Bourne Offroad Snorkel to install on my Aussie (RHD) Overland Wrangler. Mishimoto have not tested on the RHD models yet. Also I have a Gobi Stealth rack, which interferes with the install of most snorkels. Good news is that the snorkel fits with two small modifications to the brackets (done with a Dremel tool). This was to ensure clearance of the Gobi rack. Here a a couple of pictures. Overall I am very happy with the fit and look. Also it didn't require drilling into the A pillar like others.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mishimoto R&D: Borne Off-Road Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Snorkel 20201120_161001

Jeep Wrangler JL Mishimoto R&D: Borne Off-Road Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Snorkel 20201123_142616
Jeep Wrangler JL Mishimoto R&D: Borne Off-Road Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Snorkel 20201123_142636
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.