Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Took the risk to purchase and ship a Mishimoto Bourne Offroad Snorkel to install on my Aussie (RHD) Overland Wrangler. Mishimoto have not tested on the RHD models yet. Also I have a Gobi Stealth rack, which interferes with the install of most snorkels. Good news is that the snorkel fits with two small modifications to the brackets (done with a Dremel tool). This was to ensure clearance of the Gobi rack. Here a a couple of pictures. Overall I am very happy with the fit and look. Also it didn't require drilling into the A pillar like others.
That's awesome to see, thank you! Were the modifications you made to the brackets just to fit around the Gobi rack or were there some differences in the RHD body that required modification?

Thanks again!
-Steve
Sponsored

TrickyO

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Overland
That's awesome to see, thank you! Were the modifications you made to the brackets just to fit around the Gobi rack or were there some differences in the RHD body that required modification?

Thanks again!
-Steve
Hi Steve,

The only modifications were for the Gobi Rack. If not for that it would have been a standard install, as per the install video. You might want to let people know the cutting pattern is inside the snorkel tube when delivered. Took me ages to find it.

To fit with the Gobi Rack required two bracket mods and I did not need to use the spacer on the side of the bracket as the Gobi bracket already takes care of that.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mishimoto R&D: Borne Off-Road Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Snorkel 20201124_072347
Jeep Wrangler JL Mishimoto R&D: Borne Off-Road Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Snorkel 20201124_072333
Jeep Wrangler JL Mishimoto R&D: Borne Off-Road Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Snorkel 20201124_072319

Status
Not open for further replies.