Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Mishimoto
Thank you! We appreciate the honesty and the compliment!:bow: :beer:

-Steve
In my post complimenting your install video, I mentioned "I myself, would not consider installing your product offering or similar CC offering on my JL". IF.... if, I did off roading, that put my JL in lets say high vertical positions, often, I would surely consider installing a Mishimoto CC offering.

By the way @Mishimoto / Steve... Thank you, for being a forum sponsor.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
@Mishimoto

In my post complimenting your install video, I mentioned "I myself, would not consider installing your product offering or similar CC offering on my JL". IF.... if, I did off roading, that put my JL in lets say high vertical positions, often, I would surely consider installing a Mishimoto CC offering.

I would argue it has a FAR more positive effect for the daily driver. You don't need to be vertical to suck oil into your intake. Being vertical clearly dumps a lot in all at once but daily driving dumps a fair amount in one vapor at a time. Check this post out for proof...

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/just-checked-catch-can-and-wow.24743/

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
@Mishimoto

Glad to support a forum that supports our customers :like: and we don't mind debate in our threads as long as its polite!

Thanks,

-Steve

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Just pulled the trigger and ordered one of these kits, and video showing the install is good. all the vendors should do a detailed video on their products and how to install them , would actually sell more since folks can see the fitment and have a reference before they pull they purchase. helps in the decision.

note my jeep is an ice cube under a car cover in my side yard, so couldnt look at it and wanted to see how the hoses were run, especially on the passenger side, video answered my question.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Just pulled the trigger and ordered one of these kits, and video showing the install is good. all the vendors should do a detailed video on their products and how to install them , would actually sell more since folks can see the fitment and have a reference before they pull they purchase. helps in the decision.

note my jeep is an ice cube under a car cover in my side yard, so couldnt look at it and wanted to see how the hoses were run, especially on the passenger side, video answered my question.
I'm glad it helped! Thank you for your purchase!

-Steve

Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Your welcome.

Looking at your website, for stock replacement radiators ( have a 02 WJ with 4.7 and a 00 Durango with a 5.9) what is different about the radiators you offer versus other aftermarket versus a replacement mopar unit.

I know the new style( last 20 years) with aluminum cores and plastic end tanks tend to either leak at the crimp or the end tanks become brittle with age and just fail, have heard of others one forums have them fail with the end tank blowing apart while driving. My Jeep and Durango have about 70K miles on each one ( original owner) and at some point probably need to start thinking about replacing them. As always maybe I overthink, but quality of aftermarket part lately seems to be hit or miss. So debating buying new mopar or something else.

Quaker Hill 682.jpg

MightyD.jpg

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I know the new style( last 20 years) with aluminum cores and plastic end tanks tend to either leak at the crimp or the end tanks become brittle with age and just fail,
HA! That's funny... 2018 JL with 20k miles and it started leaking at the crimp. First one the dealer saw, I'm sure there will be more.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know a couple techs at local Dodge store and it isn't uncommon for rads to leak at the crimp, especially this time of year. Once it warms up they stop. I had to change a radiator on my 03PT GT Turbo, was leaking at the crimp, small drops on drive way, didn't notice until I pulled some stuff out of the way to notice.

upload_2019-3-8_10-30-16.png

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I know a couple techs at local Dodge store and it isn't uncommon for rads to leak at the crimp, especially this time of year. Once it warms up they stop. I had to change a radiator on my 03PT GT Turbo, was leaking at the crimp, small drops on drive way, didn't notice until I pulled some stuff out of the way to notice.

upload_2019-3-8_10-30-16.png
I caught the smell of antifreeze while pumping gas on a rainy day. Then watched the bottle as it slowly drained over the next week. Leak was tucked up out of sight. Under warranty so I didn't bother trying to find it on my own.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This was a real small leak, car was over 100K about 8 yrs ago, still tooting along at 180K :) My winter car. Changed all the hoses, valve cover gasket, manifold gaskets when I fixed it. Painted it up nice and pretty ;)

I have the maxcare lifetime on the two newer jeeps and a 8yr on my SRT. Just get stuck doing the maintenance on my older cars.

It is nice having warranty and Chrysler as your pit crew. To be truthful haven't had any thing go wrong or wear out on the newer cars.

But yes smell of antifreeze sends up red flags.

Quaker Hill 429.jpg

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It is nice having warranty and Chrysler as your pit crew. To be truthful haven't had any thing go wrong or wear out on the newer cars.
LOL!!!!
Driver's side fender sparse paint on lower corner and above fender, can see primer through it.
Fender vents not flush.
Excessive tire wear.
Steering arm replaced.
Tie rod end replaced.
In the THREE MONTHS it took to get those parts front tires smoked down to 6/32 from 15/32.
Two free replacement tires.
Replaced radiator.
Replaced radiator reservoir since they've been cracking.
Been a few months since it's been in the dealership... knock on wood.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I must be lucky. My 15 overland they fixed a couple interior trim pieces in the rear, replaced 1 head lamp since 1 of the LED segments burnt out (1300$ for the HID assembly, they gave me the old assembly so I have a spare HID source) and they replaced the lower leather seat cover at 40K under the 3/36, the dye in the bolster started to discolor a little, no BS they just changed it and gave me the old seat cover back, replacement was 800$ so glad I didn't have to pay the 100$ for the extended warranty.

The SRT has ben perfect, and new Wrangler, nothing to report yet.
My older stuff has been good to, just mostly wear parts.

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

JD5.jpg

IMG_1383.JPG

pt exhaus 146.JPG

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Your welcome.

Looking at your website, for stock replacement radiators ( have a 02 WJ with 4.7 and a 00 Durango with a 5.9) what is different about the radiators you offer versus other aftermarket versus a replacement mopar unit.

I know the new style( last 20 years) with aluminum cores and plastic end tanks tend to either leak at the crimp or the end tanks become brittle with age and just fail, have heard of others one forums have them fail with the end tank blowing apart while driving. My Jeep and Durango have about 70K miles on each one ( original owner) and at some point probably need to start thinking about replacing them. As always maybe I overthink, but quality of aftermarket part lately seems to be hit or miss. So debating buying new mopar or something else.
The biggest difference between our plastic end tank rads and the Mopar or any other manufacturer is going to be our lifetime warranty. We manufacture to OEM standards, so the quality you get from us is going to be equal to the Mopar rads, but then we back that up for as long as you own the radiator. We will also replace the radiator in the event of an accident with some stipulations (outlined here).

Thanks!
-Steve

McCloude

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD / 2019 WK2 TH
Just order a kit. I've used UPR on my ecoboost mustang. Want to give you guys a try.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Just order a kit. I've used UPR on my ecoboost mustang. Want to give you guys a try.
Thank you for your order!

I wanted to give you all an update on the shipping timeline for this kit. We've had a large influx of orders for catch can kits that use the same can as this kit. Because of that, we are low on stock of the can and we may need to push the release of this kit back to early April. We're aiming to have more cans inventoried by early next week; if we do, we will still release and start shipping your order next week.

Releasing before the end of March is still the goal, but I wanted to give you all a heads-up so that you're not surprised next week. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
-Steve
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.