Misguided beliefs you find annoying

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
And to keep this thread off topic (misguided and annoying, if you will)

JL all the way! 4 doors are for people with kids (i.e. soccer moms). To be honest, I traded in my Charger for this Challenger less than two weeks ago.

Snapchat-516633989.jpg
I have three kids and bought a 2dr JL... just sayin’. :)

Nice looking car!
Sponsored

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
I have three kids and bought a 2dr JL... just sayin’. :)
Me too. In fact, one of the misguided beliefs I find annoying is that people think you can't have cool cars if you have kids.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Here’s one: first time owners coming from a sporty manual saying “the 6sp MT sucks!” If they’d ever driven any other manual Jeep, they’d be saying how great the new MT is. No, you’re not gonna zoom around corners and exercise your fancy heel-toe rev-matching skills. You can, however, crawl up a mountain.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
And to keep this thread off topic (misguided and annoying, if you will)

JL all the way! 4 doors are for people with kids (i.e. soccer moms). To be honest, I traded in my Charger for this Challenger less than two weeks ago.

Snapchat-516633989.jpg
I have all kinds of cool stuff and kids. (Adult Kids....) Maybe if you had a couple sons that you could go ride ATVs, dirt bikes, motorcycles or Jeep all over the country, you would change your mind.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Here’s one: first time owners coming from a sporty manual saying “the 6sp MT sucks!” If they’d ever driven any other manual Jeep, they’d be saying how great the new MT is. No, you’re not gonna zoom around corners and exercise your fancy heel-toe rev-matching skills. You can, however, crawl up a mountain.
I realized it's not a car as I drove it, and that's all good

Manual is just more rewarding and engaging, anyone can drive an auto, but a manual, that's a different story

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have all kinds of cool stuff and kids. (Adult Kids....) Maybe if you had a couple sons that you could go ride ATVs, dirt bikes, motorcycles or Jeep all over the country, you would change your mind.
Also depends on the parents

Some just want nice cars and some view cars like they're another appliance and the latter I wonder wtf is wrong with them

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Also depends on the parents

Some just want nice cars and some view cars like they're another appliance and the latter I wonder wtf is wrong with them

After working almost 30 years in prison, you would not believe the stuff I have seen parents do and grand parents do. I have seen moms jack off their son in a room full of kids and adults. Seen them smuggle in drugs, get in fist fights..... really the list just goes on and on. We even had a mom bring in her 12 year old daughter and pimp her out to other prisoners besides the one she was visiting.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
After working almost 30 years in prison, you would not believe the stuff I have seen parents do and grand parents do. I have seen moms jack off their son in a room full of kids and adults. Seen them smuggle in drugs, get in fist fights..... really the list just goes on and on. We even had a mom bring in her 12 year old daughter and pimp her out to other prisoners besides the one she was visiting.
it is clearly too early in the morning for me to be reading this...

source.gif

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I was a chaplain in a maximum security prison for two years. I can attest that what is said here is true. The stuff that goes on is unbelievable. I have the utmost respect for the staff of these facilities. They "stuff" they get and have to deal with on a daily basis is incredible.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, that's... Just disturbing, I'm not even gonna try to be witty

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was a chaplain in a maximum security prison for two years. I can attest that what is said here is true. The stuff that goes on is unbelievable. I have the utmost respect for the staff of these facilities. They "stuff" they get and have to deal with on a daily basis is incredible.
I'm just curious why they'd do that in the first place