Sponsored

Misch big boy seat extender

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the bracket today on drivers side. Easy to do, most time was spent making carpet cuts to look factory.

wife is 5’11” and I’m over 6 and big. Really only needed 2” extension and this goes up to 6.

Worth the upgrade for sure.... compare drivers to pass side in photo both seats all the way back.

35AB1325-5041-491F-A4EE-4A7DCA3EB219.jpeg

7870F3D6-177C-40D0-87A4-47B1B29CBEEF.jpeg
Sponsored

BigKahuna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon, 2015 Challenger Hellcat
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice! I am 6'4" and could definitely benefit from this. Does the bracket happen lower the seat any at all?

OP
OP

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
No the bracket doesn’t lower the seat. But what I found is that because there is more leg room, I don’t have to keep the back of the seat so far reclined back. That makes the seat more comfortable all around.

it works really good. I’m coming from a JKU and although the JL feels bigger inside, the drivers seat has less room. I think they may have gave the back seat more room and stole it from the front seat.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
No the bracket doesn’t lower the seat. But what I found is that because there is more leg room, I don’t have to keep the back of the seat so far reclined back. That makes the seat more comfortable all around.

it works really good. I’m coming from a JKU and although the JL feels bigger inside, the drivers seat has less room. I think they may have gave the back seat more room and stole it from the front seat.

Do you have a link as I am a big, and may like something like this.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
So are we just going to ignore that his Jeep is Sarge Green? When did that color release, I never saw it on the Jeep build site!

Great job with install BTW. I assume you need to slide the seat forward to lay the rear seats down like the JK had to do?

OP
OP

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Shots! We are coming from a Gobi JK so the Sarge Green was the obvious choice for us. The color was released earlier this year but I had my Jeep built and it wasn’t available to “order” at our dealer until March 1 or so. I don’t even think it’s listed on the Jeep website builder yet. It really is an awesome color, looks different under different light too, see below.

For the install, I took the four hex screws out (red loctited that was fun), learned seat back to disconnect wires and pulled whole seat out. That enabled me to cut the rug to slide brackets underneath carpet, make cuts where new holes would be and fold it nice to look like factory. We have the rubber Jeep all weather mats and they are fine up front, but the rear one will have to be cut to fit which I’ll do soon.

we only have 70 miles on the Jeep, but have the other JKU until mid May.

Sarge gets 37” tires, wheels and rock Krawler 2.5 X factor soon! Will post follow up.

Few more pics. Thanks guys.

48EDFE84-A92D-409C-B596-303D4657DA7D.jpeg

0958C22B-D576-4F41-9B3F-BA103C505201.jpeg

80DD5A40-012C-4818-8FED-78DBFF4A2C4A.jpeg

09DFDC6D-2D8C-440D-87D6-6DDE6B986EAA.jpeg

CA7D729B-A075-4C76-B16C-9590FDEA931E.jpeg

Heatonrx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JlU Rubicon
I'm 6'5" but what if someone 5'5" drives my Jeep with this? Would the seat now not go forward enough?

OP
OP

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Will measure later

OP
OP

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
FYI re 2 door version coming

from manufacturer

We are actually in the process of designing a new BigBoy seat bracket that will fit the 2-door JL. It is looking like it will be very, very tight spacing but it appears possible. We hope to have prototypes out in the coming months. If we are able to make a 2-door version, we will contact you with more information.

Sponsored

smarshall

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
FYI re 2 door version coming

from manufacturer

We are actually in the process of designing a new BigBoy seat bracket that will fit the 2-door JL. It is looking like it will be very, very tight spacing but it appears possible. We hope to have prototypes out in the coming months. If we are able to make a 2-door version, we will contact you with more information.
This would definitely be on my must get list. I bought the 4 door extenders second hand from a member and was contemplating getting the grinder out and seeing if they could be shoe horned in to my 2 door but I wasn't looking forward to it.

OP
OP

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
This would definitely be on my must get list. I bought the 4 door extenders second hand from a member and was contemplating getting the grinder out and seeing if they could be shoe horned in to my 2 door but I wasn't looking forward to it.
Yes I hear you.

also email them and state interest that may help give them an idea of demand and finish the design

Heatonrx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JlU Rubicon
Installed the bracket today on drivers side. Easy to do, most time was spent making carpet cuts to look factory.

wife is 5’11” and I’m over 6 and big. Really only needed 2” extension and this goes up to 6.

Worth the upgrade for sure.... compare drivers to pass side in photo both seats all the way back.

35AB1325-5041-491F-A4EE-4A7DCA3EB219.jpeg

7870F3D6-177C-40D0-87A4-47B1B29CBEEF.jpeg
Did you have to cut any plastic trim for the back of the seat bracket to fit flat? Another thread shows them cutting up the trim. I have one to install but worried about this and my head hitting the roll bar.

OP
OP

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have to cut any plastic trim for the back of the seat bracket to fit flat? Another thread shows them cutting up the trim. I have one to install but worried about this and my head hitting the roll bar.
no I didn’t cut the plastic. I just ran bar up to it and the trim panel flexed out of the way when I tightened the bracket down.

I used to have to recline seat to give me room to sit comfortably somewhat. Now I’m able to sit more straight but move the seat further back... I suppose if I jacked seat all the way back I’d hit my head a little. But you’ll find a sweet spot and the extra 2 inches of 6” extra makes world of difference.
Sponsored