Sponsored

Misaligned my stock Front Steel Bumper :(

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Thanks all for your help! I loosened the 8 main bolts that hold the bumper to the frame and then I managed to move the bumper parts a little bit to be able to fit the hardware back in place without too much pressure on it. The bull bar went on and everything works fine now!

I had tightened all bolts progressively and in a criss-cross pattern, and then I had tried to put the bull bar back on. I probably should have put the bull bar before tightening all the bolts.

Thanks all again for you inputs! :D
FYI, everybody has done that at least once. :like:
Sponsored

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Glad you got it worked out and installed. Now I have a question for you since you live in cold winter climate. Do you use a lot of Never Seeze?

I had a guy from Canada doing fabrication work with me in the 90's. He used Never Seeze on almost every fastener. I live in a mild climate and still take his queue on installation of most anything metal to metal mating.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Did you install the fairlead on the bumper before mounting the bumper to the frame?

If so, the nuts holding the fairlead to the bumper might be sandwiched between the bumper and winch plate! It would push your bumper forward the thickness of the nut.

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
I might be completely wrong here, but i installed the warm winch plate and my winch and remembered the spacers that come with the winch plate pushed my bumper out somewhere around the same distance as yours. Im not sure if that could be playing into the issue or not.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I might be completely wrong here, but i installed the warm winch plate and my winch and remembered the spacers that come with the winch plate pushed my bumper out somewhere around the same distance as yours. Im not sure if that could be playing into the issue or not.
I believe the spacers just make the mating surface between the winch plate and frame rails even.
Sponsored