Sponsored

Mirrors for Rugged Ridge Fortis tube doors?

STEELCITYDJ87

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I searched the forum for an hour and did not find any posts answering this question.

Just purchased Front tube doors for my wife's 2021 JLR (and also for my 2020 JTR) , they had the $100 rebate sale going on -- great deal from Quadratec $354, then $100 back, so $254 for fronts. But of course they were sold out of the sets with mirrors, so now I am on the hunt for a mirror to mount on the door vs. hinges.

the Fortis tube doors have 5 holes on them and instructions say this in the instructions and those mirrors are out of stock too.

NOTE: Rugged Ridge offers the following mirror options for use with Rugged Ridge Front Tube Doors for JL
11002.23 - JL Tube Door Mirror Kit *Installs in yellow holes
11025.1x - TJ/JK Quick Release Mirrors *Installs in red holes
11025.2x - JL Trail Mirrors *Installs in windshield hinge

Anybody have any suggestions for bolt on mirrors for these tube doors?
Sponsored

str8cruzin

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR (2.0T)
@STEELCITYDJ87 I'm on the hunt as well for some good quality mirrors. Have a set of these coming in the mail w/o the mirrors after calling Rugged Ridge and finding out that the ones w/ mirrors were significantly back ordered. Did you end up buying some or come across any that seemed like a solid set for the price?

Ended up ordering a set of these since they sounded like good quality for the price in the reviews and according to one of the reviews fit the RR tube doors perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DNJWBGJ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3R7ZZO3VFXHKY&psc=1

Last edited:
OP
OP

STEELCITYDJ87

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
@STEELCITYDJ87 I'm on the hunt as well for some good quality mirrors. Have a set of these coming in the mail w/o the mirrors after calling Rugged Ridge and finding out that the ones w/ mirrors were significantly back ordered. Did you end up buying some or come across any that seemed like a solid set for the price?

Ended up ordering a set of these since they sounded like good quality for the price in the reviews and according to one of the reviews fit the RR tube doors perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DNJWBGJ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3R7ZZO3VFXHKY&psc=1
yeah I did end up buying some mirrors from extreme terrain for an 03-06 TJ. they are supposed to work, have not tried them yet. bolt patterns look to be the same pattern on doors. going to try them this weekend. had been waiting for my door hanger from quadratec first.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mirrors for Rugged Ridge Fortis tube doors? Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 12.51.50 PM

str8cruzin

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR (2.0T)
yeah I did end up buying some mirrors from extreme terrain for an 03-06 TJ. they are supposed to work, have not tried them yet. bolt patterns look to be the same pattern on doors. going to try them this weekend. had been waiting for my door hanger from quadratec first.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mirrors for Rugged Ridge Fortis tube doors? Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 12.51.50 PM
Thank you for the info, much appreciated. Hoping you enjoy your new doors and that your hangers come in soon!

DomonicDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Roush Mustang
Thank you for the info, much appreciated. Hoping you enjoy your new doors and that your hangers come in soon!
I wish I had seen this thread before receiving my Rugged Ridge Tube doors. I cant’ find a mirror either. Did anyone find something that worked well?

Sponsored

OP
OP

STEELCITYDJ87

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I wish I had seen this thread before receiving my Rugged Ridge Tube doors. I cant’ find a mirror either. Did anyone find something that worked well?
The mirrors I showed above worked from A 2003 - 2006 TJ. Just installed the doors and mirrors today. You will need to buy your own stainless steel hardware to mount them but they work! $80 pair.

str8cruzin

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR (2.0T)
The mirrors I showed above worked from A 2003 - 2006 TJ. Just installed the doors and mirrors today. You will need to buy your own stainless steel hardware to mount them but they work! $80 pair.
I can confirm that the mirrors for a 2003-2006 TJ work well with these doors as the ones I got on Amazon were for these model years as well. It does appear that there are holes to accommodate other types of mirrors with different mounting orientation but I'm not positive which other ones would work.

I should have paid more attention to where the hardware came from from but I personally did not have to purchase additional hardware with combo of the Rugged Ridge Doors and the mirrors I got from Amazon. The hardware worked out perfectly and my mirrors are secured very well to the door and provide great visibility. For some reason I feel like the hardware came with the doors themselves, but don't quote me on that one as it sounds like STEELCITY didn't get hardware with his doors.

Here is a pic of the setup I have. The mirrors hold their position perfectly and do not move even with freeway driving. The mirrors have three detent levels for positioning and have good fine adjustment pivoting at the mirror itself. They also fold in nicely when I use my Quadratec cab cover if I suspect some rain the forecast.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mirrors for Rugged Ridge Fortis tube doors? IMG_0375

huey_atx

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
Occupation
IT
I can confirm that the mirrors for a 2003-2006 TJ work well with these doors as the ones I got on Amazon were for these model years as well. It does appear that there are holes to accommodate other types of mirrors with different mounting orientation but I'm not positive which other ones would work.

I should have paid more attention to where the hardware came from from but I personally did not have to purchase additional hardware with combo of the Rugged Ridge Doors and the mirrors I got from Amazon. The hardware worked out perfectly and my mirrors are secured very well to the door and provide great visibility. For some reason I feel like the hardware came with the doors themselves, but don't quote me on that one as it sounds like STEELCITY didn't get hardware with his doors.

Here is a pic of the setup I have. The mirrors hold their position perfectly and do not move even with freeway driving. The mirrors have three detent levels for positioning and have good fine adjustment pivoting at the mirror itself. They also fold in nicely when I use my Quadratec cab cover if I suspect some rain the forecast.

IMG_0375.jpg
Are those mirrors on your tube doors the one from the Amazon link you posted? And do they include the hardware (nuts & bolts) to install onto the doors?

Looks great BTW!! Looking for some myself so I'm hoping these will fit!! TIA!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Mirrors for Rugged Ridge Fortis tube doors? 1695675528024

Last edited:

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link

huey_atx

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
That's not a bad idea at all!!!!! Thanks!

Sponsored

huey_atx

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT

huey_atx

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Body Armor if I remember correctly.
Ok cool - I just went ahead & ordered a set of those motorcycle mirrors - they kinda look cool & low profile.. Do they seem to stay on your doors & not rattle lose? Thanks again!

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Ok cool - I just went ahead & ordered a set of those motorcycle mirrors - they kinda look cool & low profile.. Do they seem to stay on your doors & not rattle lose? Thanks again!
Definitely solid thus far. I figured if they're built for the wind/speed of a motorcycle they should be fine for the Jeep. Once you get the angle for the mirror where you want it, there are three screws on the back side. Snug those up and it will hold it in place.

huey_atx

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Definitely solid thus far. I figured if they're built for the wind/speed of a motorcycle they should be fine for the Jeep. Once you get the angle for the mirror where you want it, there are three screws on the back side. Snug those up and it will hold it in place.
Cool, unfortunately they didn't work for me. I couldn't get the nut snug enough and the capped nut is kind of worthless. No worries, I'll go a different way. Thanks again
Sponsored