Martial Fartist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder what mirrors you have purchased to keep the police away when driving with the doors off in Florida.

Any Floridian jeepers care to chime in?

I don’t really want to put mirrors on when the doors off but don’t want a ticket either.

Thanks
Sponsored

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
Wonder what mirrors you have purchased to keep the police away when driving with the doors off in Florida.

I don’t really want to put mirrors on when the doors off but don’t want a ticket either.

Thanks
Surprised Florida has that regulation. Here in the Wild West No doors, No mirrors, no problem.. heck you can drive 80mph here and not get pulled over not to mention open carry legally

but Wife wants to move to Florida so I guess I will be in same boat some day

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Surprised Florida has that regulation. Here in the Wild West No doors, No mirrors, no problem.. heck you can drive 80mph here and not get pulled over not to mention open carry legally

but Wife wants to move to Florida so I guess I will be in same boat some day
I think Arizona is conditional isn't it? So long as you have a rearview mirror with an unobstructed view you don't need them. If your rear view is obstructed, then you need side mirrors... I think.

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think Arizona is conditional isn't it? So long as you have a rearview mirror with an unobstructed view you don't need them. If your rear view is obstructed, then you need side mirrors... I think.
correct, I am assuming no one taken their rear view mirror out. I mean if you have a 40 " spare that might be an issue, but rarely do police pull you over here for anything really unless you are unsafe. And apparently 80 mph is not considered unsafe

Sponsored

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My JLU is the first vehicle I've owned with a backup camera, but long-ingrained habits die hard. I'd miss the presence of side view mirrors the moment I leave my driveway. With that in mind, and not wanting to break the bank, I've these mirrors on hand for when driving doorless.
I would agree and honestly I wouldn't drive on the freeway mirrorless here either. just not smart

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
So, same as Arizona... I never looked it up. Thanks!

Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I love my JPeggz! However, Kikbax are really nice and probably the easiest to put on/take off in seconds. The only problem with that is if you stop for lunch or someplace, they're also easy to steal I guess.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks
I’m using some ATV mirrors, they work pretty good, no vibration or anything. Sorry I don’t have a better pic, but they attach to the garb handle. The only drawback is they’re kind of pain to hook up. I’m using a Velcro strap it’s a little easier, but I’m probably gonna get the CMM mirrors soon.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mirrors - Doors Off in Florida 01722244-4A51-498C-99A2-F690E9C5C46F
Jeep Wrangler JL Mirrors - Doors Off in Florida 9A40E533-B245-4E33-9C89-8416215B7607

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll add another vote for CMM. They’re expensive but worth it IMO. The only thing I’ll say about them is instead of mounting them on the top of the a pillar grab handles like the instructions say, mount the driver’s side mount on the bottom of the passenger side grab handle and vice versa. It’ll put the mirrors in the same place as the stock ones.
Sponsored