Oracle_Designs

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oracledesignlab.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
As many of you know, taking off the doors can be a very enjoyable experience when heading out in the JL. However when removing the doors, you are also removing the attached side mirror. The mirror removal can be problematic, especially when a user trying to navigate the highway or high traffic areas.

Jeep Wrangler JL OEM Mirror Relocation 2020-Jeep-Wrangler-doors-off_o

We would like to address this problem by proposing a new mirror concept with integrated lighting. For the point of installation, the product would revolve around the cowls by the a-pillar.

Jeep Wrangler JL OEM Mirror Relocation Cowl by A-Pillar

By removing the factory cowl by the a-pillar, and installing the new mirror kit, this would resolve the issue of mirrorless driving when the doors are taken off. For this product, we would remove the pre-existing mirrors, install the new mirrors in place of the factory cowl, and develop a cover to go with the doors. This way the door would be the only worry for disassembling. In addition to the mirrors, we would include functional lighting for off-roading; similar to our JK mirror lights.

Jeep Wrangler JL OEM Mirror Relocation Jeep JL A-Pillar Mirror_Concept

Although this is just a concept sketch, we would like to hear your feedback and see if there would be intrest with the development of this product. Let us know what you think in the comments.
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Finally!!!! You Guys/Gals Are really coming up with some great ideas!!! I would be in on this...would need to have a way of communicating with mirror adjustment on the door (when doors are on)which I'm sure you have thought about. Go For It!!! I am sure this will sell like hot cakes at the beach!!! You might also design it to include a signal/blinker marker on the outer edge as some have tried to purchase the euro mirrors to accomplish.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
1. We now know you guys have been spending too much time on the Bronco forum.. 😝😝
2. I love the idea.
3. Suggest you also put mounting points on the mirror to allow for 3rd party cube lights. Many folks (including myself) already have cube lights. Putting mounting points on would let us keep using them along with the lights you have on the mirror (I like that idea).
4. What would we do with the area that the factory mirrors mount to? Perhaps you can provide a cover for that?
Gimmie a few, I’m sure I can think of a few more..

Sponsored

OP
OP
Oracle_Designs

Oracle_Designs

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oracledesignlab.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
What if you are already using the cowl area for a light mount? I have the Rigid Cowl mount for light pods.
https://www.rigidindustries.com/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-cowl-mount-fits-2-d-series-41656.html
Would this create a problem?
1. We now know you guys have been spending too much time on the Bronco forum.. 😝😝
2. I love the idea.
3. Suggest you also put mounting points on the mirror to allow for 3rd party cube lights. Many folks (including myself) already have cube lights. Putting mounting points on would let us keep using them along with the lights you have on the mirror (I like that idea).
4. What would we do with the area that the factory mirrors mount to? Perhaps you can provide a cover for that?
Gimmie a few, I’m sure I can think of a few more..
We imagine there could be room for having mounting points on the assembly. Personally, I don't see an issue for that. That would be a neat idea for pre-existing cube lights that are already designated for that area!

@Sgt Beavis for your fourth question, we would have to make a cover for replacing the factory mirrors. It could be as simiple as possible or we could mockup the cover with some classic Jeep styling. More of that would take place during the inital design phase when we discuss styling and form development.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
We imagine there could be room for having mounting points on the assembly. Personally, I don't see an issue for that. That would be a neat idea for pre-existing cube lights that are already designated for that area!

@Sgt Beavis for your fourth question, we would have to make a cover for replacing the factory mirrors. It could be as simiple as possible or we could mockup the cover with some classic Jeep styling. More of that would take place during the inital design phase when we discuss styling and form development.
It makes me wonder, what can we do with that spot. You’ve basically opened up a new mounting point on the door when doing this.

OH, BTW, WHODAT!

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
The only way I would buy these is if I could take my OEM mirror internals and mount them inside this housing. I would want to retain my stock heated/adjustable mirrors with the blind spot detection.

I do like the sketch and adding additional lighting is fun.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
OR i suppose you could make a plug and play mirror that was heated/adjustable and connected to the BSM system. That sounds more expensive from an R&D standpoint.

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I may be wrong but after seeing the way the jk was implemented, it seemed to me as though you would be only creating the outer shell with lighting component to incorporate internals into! This to me seemed more practical to keep factory ie.. electrical and heating etc..working as intended!

OP
OP
Oracle_Designs

Oracle_Designs

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oracledesignlab.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
@Rico1111 @Dr3wDrop Yep, we would try and incorporate the factory internals into the design. There would have to be some development towards rerouting the door's mirror assemby over towards the cowl. Still, most of the design would consist of a new replacement arm for the mirror, an additional lighting kit, and that it would utilize existing components to function like the original factory assembly.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I think the mirror mover itself would make this a hot commodity. There is not a single product out there yet that relocates the factory power mirrors for a doors off experience. With my previous JK i was never worried about a second set of mirrors. Now I have BSM I just want to move it once and be done with it.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I’m certainly interested. I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with.