Sponsored

Mint 400/Las Vegas

Rubidouxit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR
Have any of you fellow Jeepers ever attended the Mint 400 in Vegas? My wife and I and another couple would like to plan to fly there and attend the race and festivities in a couple years. I'm just at the preliminary planning stages and would appreciate any first hand experience and tips from people who have been to it. Sounds like it would be a great time.
Sponsored

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase
We go every year. It's a lot of fun. There's 4 spectator areas to choose from, all are pretty much right next to the course so expect a lot of dust kicked up depending on wind direction. Get there as soon as they open the areas for a good spot. Majority of people make a day out of it, canopies, tents, BBQs, coolers. Bring cold weather clothes as March out here can be cold, the course is all open desert, so nothing to stop the wind. Spectator passes are per vehicle.

steveb

First Name
STeve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyotal Tacoma Double Cab
I have been a few years now. It is great to start at the start finish line area as you are allowed into the car staging area to walk by any and all vehicles and even talk to the drivers if you want. After watch a lap there we head over to the rock quarry area which has a nice maze like section of racing in which you get to see vehicles a couple of times before they head out into the desert again. Super fun event!!!!!!

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
" The Mint 400 announced today that The Great American Off-Road Race™ will adjust their event dates and move to Wednesday, December 1st through Sunday, December 5th, 2021. The shift comes in response to the inability by the State of Nevada, Southern Nevada Health District and COVID 19 Mitigation Task Force to permit large scale events in Clark County. Since the Ivanpah Valley is closed to off-road racing between March 15th and November 1st, and there are numerous outdoor events already scheduled in the fall, the new December dates were the only available option. "

Sponsored

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase
" The Mint 400 announced today that The Great American Off-Road Race™ will adjust their event dates and move to Wednesday, December 1st through Sunday, December 5th, 2021. The shift comes in response to the inability by the State of Nevada, Southern Nevada Health District and COVID 19 Mitigation Task Force to permit large scale events in Clark County. Since the Ivanpah Valley is closed to off-road racing between March 15th and November 1st, and there are numerous outdoor events already scheduled in the fall, the new December dates were the only available option. "
Yea I got that email. And yet California is letting the King of the Hammers run with spectators starting this weekend, though their ticket sales are waaay down.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Yea I got that email. And yet California is letting the King of the Hammers run with spectators starting this weekend, though their ticket sales are waaay down.
Well, just 308 days to go! Got my tickets for area 2 already, hope I don't forget by December, lol.

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase
Well, just 308 days to go! Got my tickets for area 2 already, hope I don't forget by December, lol.
Got my tickets for area 1. I've done area 2 a few times before.
Sponsored