Sponsored

Minimal Bumpers

Roverboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My JLU Rubicon was delivered Jan 2022. My first jeep and I've been enjoying doing all the mods myself! Except for an AEV dual Sport suspension I had installed.

My build is focused on multi purpose use, daily driver, cross country trips, exploring. I off road a lot on some pretty tough trails but this was not built to be an extreme rock crawler like past vehicles. I decided to Keep this Jeep light, small lift, 33" tires and wanted to maximize my approach and departure angles.

I went with the Warn winch plate up front to house the Warn Zeon 10S winch. For the rear I went with Rusty's Off Road stubby rear bumper and corner guards.

Very happy with how it all came together and thought I'd share a few pics.
Jeep Wrangler JL Minimal Bumpers Jeep 02 073122
Jeep Wrangler JL Minimal Bumpers Jeep 01 073122
Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Looks great! Nice combo front and rear.
Can you grab a couple of shots from the rear? That’s the same thing I want to do.
Been putting it off for too long.

My girlfriend has the same lift on her Rubi and loves it. It rides great on/off-road and has been flawless since day one.

OP
OP
Roverboy

Roverboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Looks great! Nice combo front and rear.
Can you grab a couple of shots from the rear? That’s the same thing I want to do.
Been putting it off for too long.

My girlfriend has the same lift on her Rubi and loves it. It rides great on/off-road and has been flawless since day one.
Thanks! Yep love the AEV suspension. My wife thinks it rides much better than stock as well :). Here's a shot of the back hope it helps you decide.

Jeep Wrangler JL Minimal Bumpers Westville Dam 073122

slowcrawlerZJ

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1982 CJ7, 2018 WK
Occupation
Retired Navy
Nice rig! I like the Rustys Offroad rear set up, it really cleans up the rear and helps with departure angle. I installed mine last year. Rustys makes some quality built products here in the US, been using their products for many years.

Jeep Wrangler JL Minimal Bumpers 95C921CB-EBB4-41AF-9F82-AC4519EE949D

Jeep Wrangler JL Minimal Bumpers 5A9E456C-6594-4D00-8BE1-006D3842A28F

JEEP4U

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Here is a photo of our paint matched GenRight Ultra clearance front stubby bumper. Should meet your minimum requirements!

Jeep Wrangler JL Minimal Bumpers 1659619214664

Sponsored

slowcrawlerZJ

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1982 CJ7, 2018 WK
Occupation
Retired Navy
FYI, My minimal bumper left the tail light sticking out past the bumper. I rolled back up to a tree and crushed the light into the soft aluminum body. I might have been OK with aftermarket flush taillights.
You can still see the wrinkled body between the fuel door and tail light.
Jeep Wrangler JL Minimal Bumpers 1659619214664

Very stupidly designed tail light for an off-roader IMO. Ford Bronco copied it LOL
More reason to now buy some quarter panel armor!

OP
OP
Roverboy

Roverboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
FYI, My minimal bumper left the tail light sticking out past the bumper. I rolled back up to a tree and crushed the light into the soft aluminum body. I might have been OK with aftermarket flush taillights.
You can still see the wrinkled body between the fuel door and tail light.
Jeep Wrangler JL Minimal Bumpers 1659620972576

Very stupidly designed tail light for an off-roader IMO. Ford Bronco copied it LOL

I ran my my old Land Rover D90 without rear bumper as well. Taillights were mounted inward on the rear corners. That helped protect the lights but didnt stop me from crunching a rear corner panel :)
Sponsored