Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
To the OP, where did you buy your Jeep? and if you do not mind me asking how much did you pay?
MSRP was $56,249. I paid just under $51K. I bought it at Mckinney Dodge/Jeep in Mckinney, Tx. from Jason Burns. They were awesome to work with. No haggle, no pressure on extra's. Just here is what we can offer, here is the price, your choice. If you order, they just do straight invoice and they accept Tread Lightly.
Sponsored

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I have a cable that is USB-C on both ends. I need to buy a USB-old to USB-C so it will work from the center console. No big deal. Just weird that the other 3 USB ports have C too.
They were too busy hiding jeep logos and easter eggs to match all the ports :)

BTW, as far as seating position I'm barely 6 (maybe 5'11") and didn't notice any seating concerns...just to help bracket that for those looking who haven't just gone for a test drive.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
So I've had my JL right at 24 hours and driving about 60 miles in it. There are things I love and a couple of things that I consider a problem.

First what I love:
  • Fit and finish seems very tight. Feels very high quality. I love the ergonomics of the controls
  • Android Auto
  • How it drives. It handles very much like our Grand Cherokee and I think it rides better (to be fair, our WK2 has a 2" lift so it's not exactly apples to apples)
  • Performance. The engine/auto-transmission combination works very well together. Seems much better than my JK.
What I don't like:

• The driving position. I'm a big guy, 6'3" 300lbs. The lowest setting on the seat puts my eyes way above the instruments so that i'ts hard to see the top 1/4 of the display. The seatbelt is quite snug and leaves little room for movement. To be clear, I never felt at all restricted with my JK's belt. The elevated position also makes it uncomfortable keeping the foot on the gas pedal on a longer drive. My wife once had a Scion XB and it made me feel the same way. Also, with my leg on the gas pedal, my knee is embedded in the transfer case lever. It is very uncomfortable. My wife is 6'0" tall and she feels the same way. To see the instruments completely, I have to recline my seat back considerably, which puts my head directly under the rollbar. In a collision, I would definitely crack my head on the rollbar.
  • No toolkit included with mine
  • start/stop. I just don't like it.

Someone needs to develop some seat drop and extended brackets for the seat. If anyone knows of any, let me know!

Otherwise, I love the Jeep.
You guys are some volleyball/basketball making parents!

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
  • I reallllllly wish the hard top rear windows would come out. Then I could take the doors off, those windows out, and basically have a hard bikini top.
jt
I so want this as well! Removal back windows even exists with the new power retracting top! So close...

Sponsored

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
Thought I'd pop in here and say you share my sentiments exactly on the seating position. I have driven three of them now and I can't stop pushing on the seat riser trying to make it go lower. I also feel like the seat is angled from front to back toward the floor...like a slide. I'm 6'3 and have had 7 JKs/JKUs so I'm not new to this platform. I used Genright brackets and Corbeaus in my crawler built JK and the seat is 4" lower than stock. It made a huge difference, but a bad one. I can't even see the hood anymore. LOL

Hopefully someone will come out with a solution for us!

Marcus

ATX_Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have to agree. I'm 6'2, 230, and even though I've reclined the seats bit, I also cannot see the top of the instrument panel.

Still absolutely love my new JLUR.

For the record, some on here have claimed head issues on the bar behind the head (sounder?). I have had zero issues at my height.

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
I have to agree. I'm 6'2, 230, and even though I've reclined the seats bit, I also cannot see the top of the instrument panel.

Still absolutely love my new JLUR.

For the record, some on here have claimed head issues on the bar behind the head (sounder?). I have had zero issues at my height.
Howdy neighbor!

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I had the same thoughts when I test drove one last week. I've owned 3 JKs and found a comfortable driving position quickly. I cranked on that seat height lever taking it up and down several times to try and make it lower. Plus it seemed to be lower in the front and had a forward downward angle which I didn't like. I may have to talk to a good welder and see if they can take out an inch or two of the seat brackets or do a foam removal from the bottom of the seat cushion. Hopefully by the time I save my pennies someone will have a fix for this.

Sponsored

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well Howdy Marcus. Fancy meeting you here! When you going to come by the store and check out my new ride?!?

Sincerely, you're friendly neighborhood shipper.
Ha! Glad to see you here! I didn't realize that was you! Should have known with the TCU logo! I'll swing by this coming week! Things have been crazy!

johnnytaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ
MSRP was $56,249. I paid just under $51K. I bought it at Mckinney Dodge/Jeep in Mckinney, Tx. from Jason Burns. They were awesome to work with. No haggle, no pressure on extra's. Just here is what we can offer, here is the price, your choice. If you order, they just do straight invoice and they accept Tread Lightly.
I tried to get them to meet 4 or 5% off invoice (I had ordered from an out of town dealer) but they wouldn't budge past invoice. Huffines Lewisville was able to do 5% (including tread lightly though) for my JL Sandra that was on the lot.

Last edited:

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
MSRP on my JLUR was ~51.8
Invoice was ~48.6
OTD was ~46.1
Still in D1...at least accessories will have all the aftermarket part when it gets there..