First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.travisnovitsky.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Anyone else into making scale radio-control models of their full-size Jeeps? I am pretty much finished with a scale version of mine... the only thing missing are the KC lights.

This started off as a Traxxas TRX-4 Land Rover Defender. Unfortunately it's not a super-accurate match as at the time I ordered the Wrangler body from Pro-Line the only body they were selling was a JK. Wouldn't you know it when I almost had this thing finished they came out with a JL body :facepalm: At any rate, the bodies come as a clear, unpainted shell so I had to paint it to match. The decals were done by the same shop that did the decals on my full-size. I couldn't find scale replicas of my Fuel wheels, but I found scale Methods that look very similar. RC4WD had scale versions of the Milestar Patagonia's. All in all it was a lot of fun working on this and I think the end result is a pretty cool Mini-Me Jeep :like:

If you have a similar project you've done or have in progress, I'd love to see it!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg
Sponsored

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
That's awesome! Nice work ...

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
cool.i should dig mine out and see what its going to take to make my mini jl. i think i have everything. just have to swap out the tj body for a jl body