Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

If you haven't done miller rock and you decide to go and you get to that obstacle don't think you can go left to do a bypass.....
Jeep Wrangler JL Miller Rock, Solo Wheelin in the Front Range of CO (Allenspark) 5081EC97-85BB-4A34-B0D1-F6848CA45FE7
Jeep Wrangler JL Miller Rock, Solo Wheelin in the Front Range of CO (Allenspark) 1D7B627E-B0AA-44A2-82CD-8F5F4DE70651
Jeep Wrangler JL Miller Rock, Solo Wheelin in the Front Range of CO (Allenspark) 1F327C58-DF6A-44E1-81D0-5D5DFEDFF4DB
Jeep Wrangler JL Miller Rock, Solo Wheelin in the Front Range of CO (Allenspark) 2E229E6B-A4FF-448E-BCF5-8469738C69A7

???

I was probably being a little overdramatic, but, I was one of three on our group who had the most experience on a trail. This was the first year having a Jeep and doing trails like this. In hindsight, I probably could have just turned hard passenger and let the rear keep sliding so I could just drive over that log and drive up the hill, then back up and do some Austin Powers type turning to get facing the right direction on the trail again. It was a little scary sitting in that Jeep thinking I'm about to roll down this valley, nice knowin ya, as every rotation of the tire I kept sliding in that soft dirt.

The group split up. The other two went back the way we came. We were running late and based on Gaia, this direction had a road that connected, a "short cut". The other two didn't want to go down the obstacle (a newbie in a lifted Gladiator on 37s and a stock Tacoma Sport) so they turned around and I didn't want to go take that "bypass" (which isn't a bypass) or climb the obstacle so I continued to the "short cut". I made it to the bottom, saw the river crossing and thought I'd die there so I turned around and luckily caught them on the radio.

I showed them the line I want my tires on and boy was that ever a fun climb! EXHILARATING!! A modified Jeep came up right behind me. I had to back up some to give room to the guys ahead of me and reposition. I threw it in reverse and felt bad for the guy behind me but he shouldn't have come up so close. He put it in reverse then backed down the whole obstacle then came back up it like it was nothing, definitely not an amateur like me. We made it out alive.

Best part was on the way home, there was some construction so one way down the canyon road and everyone was stopped. I got out to go walk down by the river and I saw that black Jeep. I walked over to them and sincerely apologized for making them back down that obstacle. He and his girl laughed it off and said no problem, that was some good wheeling I did! I felt really proud.

It was a good day.

It's fun to think back and look at your skill level in the past and compare it to now and see how far you've come. A year and a half ago I was afraid of the Miller Rock major obstacle and that tiny water crossing. Today, I'm doing all the obstacles on Elephant Hill without a spotter and welcome water up above my 37s. ?

Last edited:

Sobchak Security

First Name
kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
That one is on my list. If you are up for spotting me down that obstacle, hit me up sometime and I'll join ya.

Sponsored

ELJL

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Cool vid!!

But the soundtrack was taken from Roadhouse, wasn’t it??

Flip

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link
Great video, the trail looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm looking forward to your next video.
Sponsored